• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

பிச்சை போட வரும் கட்சிகள்.. தூக்கிப் போடு&#296

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some feel despondent more than the others. It depends on their mindset and in how much water they are.

They vent out their frustration and blame the whole world for the fury of rain and collapse of established order.

They think others do not feel for them perhaps.

As a responsible citizen, one is supposed to bring it to the light about the misrule, inaction, corruption, etc of the ruling party. .

I have been posting threads which speaks about the unpreparedness, inaction, etc of the ruling Government.

This act of mine may not be liked by blind followers who have developed more loyalty, obedience, etc with the party.

Such blind followers does not have any valid point to counter, but come here to pour their ஒப்பாரி .
Such empty minds instead of posting balanced critics and informed opinion on the topic , simply pour venom thus exhibiting their mentality.

In this connection I would like to share my posting on the other thread which holds good here too.

“To sustain democratic nature of the country, one should function as a ‘watchdog’ and raise voice whenever there is lapse noticed on the part of the ruling Government by the opposition especially against misrule, inaction, excesses, unlawful acts, etc. The opposition should hold the ruling Government responsible and accountable whenever there is lack of planning, execution, etc are noticed. One is supposed to raise his voice if any undemocratic acts take place and cannot remain as a silent spectator.”

As for self help, it is to be mentioned here that in most of the areas, the residents themselves unitedly managed to get rid of the problem without depending upon the Government agencies, more particularly the Chennai Corporation and to be more specific in a particular area, the residents themselves united pooled in money and spent nearly Rs.30,000 to bale out the stagnant water as the concerned Corporation Officials have failed to turn up to this area even after ten days.

It is reported in
The Hindu that the residents are almost united in their belief that Chennai Corporation is largely to be blamed for this crises.

It is also stressed the need for a better network of manmade storm water drains and proper desilting to prevent recurrence of such problem in future.

While this being the fact, again some one from Delhi coming and preaching Chennaities to manage the crisis themselves without depending upon the Government agencies, self help concept, etc is highly ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate your sharing your experience in this Forum.

I would have appreciated you if you would have addressed your posting to the other member who liberally uses words like ‘foolish’ ‘senseless’, etc in his postings which mostly bear no substance at all.

I am very serious from day one, in maintaining the etiquette, manners and decorum of the Forum and used to be very courteous in my
language and for your information, none of my postings were deleted by the Moderator against any complaint so far.

I am for lively debate, meaning exchange of thoughts and sharing of knowledge, but the member invariably instead of countering with points will come out with scathing remarks and has the habit of crossing the ‘lakhman rekha’ quite often and got his postings deleted by the Moderator on complaint by other members which speak volume about his attitude of rudeness,etc

While I appreciate your mentioning of freedom of expression and other things, you will agree with me that one is supposed to
stick to his limits in a public Forum like this and in the event of exceeding the limit, I mean crossing the border, he has to necessarily bear the brunt. And there is no compromise on this.
I had to address you because at the first instance that your comments appear to be very much general and applicable to many.
I hope that I could take the liberty to make open my observation that you appear to be little bit "hot" in this thread in defending your point of view.
It is only my observation and I would not say my observations are ever correct.

I can understand the agony of some who have expectations of govt which are not met many times at times of crisis or calamities.

The state govt can only provide relief to some extent.

Ultimately people should help themselves.

No one forced people to build houses in low lying areas without caring about the consequences of heavy monsoon.

Political parties have their own limitations in terms of reaching out to all affected.

Ranting in websites is not going to change the ground situation much.

Our democratic system provides for elections to change the govt every five years . So one could take recourse to that option.

Citizens organising themselves to get rid of stagnant water by voluntary help and spending some money on it is excellent instead of lamenting about it and wait for the

govt to do something about it.

If some would like to play watchdog floating in water in their homes , they may not get much appreciation for it.

Whether the general public expects or not, it is the duty of the service minded Government to protect the lives of the general public for having come to power, keeping in mind the commitments and promises made during the election.

And once come to power, if the party fails to carry out the requisite planning and execution of projects as a preventive measure to natural calamities, especially well ahead of the onset of monsoon, the affected public as well as the ‘Watch dog’ media including the opposition parties and critics will certainly criticize the Government for the lapses.

And there is no point in getting hurt or offended over the sarcastic comments and criticism.

Those who are sensitive to such comments should better to keep away from politics and topic touching politics.

Only blind followers, who have no guts or courage to raise their voice, will keep silent and there are ardent bakthas of leaders who on the contrary sing songs of praise of such parties for their inaction and misrule, etc

And there is another hardcore one, who goes to the extent of certifying such Governments administration as ‘Excellent’.

Anyway by singing songs of praise, this member who may be a blind follower of the party, exhibits his loyalty and obedience, expecting some benefits in the long run.

Some who have absolutely no exposure to preparedness, feel despondent over the happenings, comments, criticism, etc come here to vent out their frustration and talk about 'self help concept', etc like a sadhu and blame those who criticize.

They vent out their frustration and blame the critics, as they cannot blame the party which has let them down at the critical juncture of crisis management.

It is these parties accepting huge amount as bribe approve building plans on the bunds of lakes.

Sixty one people were recently killed in a building collapse at Chennai.

Now more than 100 lives have been lost in the reported 'man-made' calamity.

Those who have absolutely no sense of sympathy over the lives lost and come here to preach like a torch bearer of a self-help group, can well write a lot , but I consider such postings as nothing but thrash.

Some feel despondent more than the others. It depends on their mindset and in how much water they are.

They vent out their frustration and blame the whole world for the fury of rain and collapse of established order.

They think others do not feel for them perhaps.

Agonising and posting pouring their hearts out might perhaps lessen their pain.

Some of us underplay our emotions and do what is necessary .

My sympathies for all affected.

By the way my flat in chennai is also under water.

I have not got any SOS from the occupants so far.

Most of my furniture must also be floating in water.lol

I never said my house is in flood and my furnitures are floating.

The people who sent SOS are not the occupants of my house. He is an NRI and a good friend of my son.

Moreover, people would send SOS only on whom they have trust that they could help .......not to all and sundry. (lol)

Last edited:
I never said my house is in flood and my furnitures are floating.

The people who sent SOS are not the occupants of my house. He is an NRI and a good friend my son.

Moreover, people would send SOS only on whom they have trust that they could help .......not to all and sundry. (lol)

That was a good one. You nailed him.

That was a good one. You nailed him.
I would trust a stranger as much as anyone known.It pays me to trust humanbeings

By the way my tenant is smart. He knows how to take care of himself and his family.

He does not bother me..

He does not blame all and sundry for his plight.

I am lucky . My builder raised the ground level by a few feet . Also the slope ensures that water gets drained to main roads outside the apartment complex.

also even if it had entered the flat , some damage one can always take . Flooding due to rains might be new for tamilnadu.

In yamuna bank in delhi where I live , it is common place every year .

It is a way of life after one or two experiences.

Thats not to say that it is welcome though.

Once it has happened , now chennai people would also know how to cope with it and respond to it.

IMHO opinion ,tamilnadu has an efficient govt administration.

If the administration is trusted more and decentralisation of work and delegation of powers takes place to lower levels, they might function more smoothly.

Our political leaders do not like to hand over to administration totally to tackle emergencies .

This disaster now gives a wonderful oppurtunity to have a better planned city.

Urban planners can redesign the city to meet the challenges of 21st century.

Perhaps even shifting of capital or most of the govt offices into interior tamilnadu might be worthwhile.

Chennai is very vulnerable to weather changes as these rains have demonstrated.It may not be a decent place to live with climate change.

Last edited:

The general public of Tamil Nadu won’t trust any party; hence there is change of rule for every five years.

And they believe that since they vote a particular party for power, they expect the party to honour its comments. Their expectations need to be fulfilled in time.

The Government on their part, who are supposed to build trust among the public, so as to continue their rule, or atleast meet the public seeking their vote at the time of election, take initiative to address serious issues which affects the public. In case of failure, telling a comprehensive and credible story will not hold good.

It is the Government’s responsibility to address such serious issues and explain to the public the measures taken and thus gain their confidence and trust.

Chennaities have elected a Government to deliver the goods and certainly not to advise them to take care of themselves and for this they don’t need any Government to govern them.

One member who preach like a mouth piece of the ruling party and posing like a Public Relation Secretary of the party should know what is planning, what is execution, what is budget provision, what are the expenses which are poolable and shareable with the Government of India and how to make best use of availing maximum benefits from the Government of India’s treasury.

Member who has too little outlook, too narrow thinking and with troubled conscience and who may not be knowing either the travails of Chennaities, or the inefficiency of the civil body to combat the flood situation or about the intricacies of administration, but only know issue an efficiency certificate for a Government which has reportedly pushed the interest of safe guarding the lives and properties of the general public to back seat. lol

Such certificates issued by such member are nothing but thrash IMO.

What more can be expected from the blind and loyal follower of a party……………
??

Tamilnadu lost the plot when they voted for dravidian parties in late sixties.

For the next 25 plus years , they got starved of central assistance and went downhill.

Only after opening of economy and coalition era in late nineties and first 10-12 years of this century ,a tamilnadu party which was part of central govt could ensure

finances for tamilnadu. Since Tamilnadu got only a raw deal for about twenty years it went far behind in infrastructure development . From a prosperous state, it went

downhill in terms of central support for projects.ow when the infrastructure is giving way , they can only become objects of pity if they lament about governance.

Educated brahmins fled the state for better pastures elsewhere in the country and abroad over the years

Brahmins with miniscule presence have not much of clout in deciding who comes to power there.

They can only hope on charity from the ruling class.

Centre may throw some crumbs as an election is around the corner , They fancy their chance there as coalition partner of ruling party or in coalition with others.

So it is better to grin and bear the hardship than complaining when there are no takers for postings of hardships due to excessive rains

Politicians as compared to other states IMHO are doing a fairly decent job of relief and rescue.

Educated brahmins fled the state for better pastures elsewhere in the country and abroad over the years

Brahmins with miniscule presence have not much of clout in deciding who comes to power there.

Where comes Brahmin here?

The topic is about the inaction of political parties and unpreparedness.

Why twisting the topic?

That shows that you have nothing put forth except to drag Brahmins etc.etc....which is your Modus Operandi.

That shows your perverted mindset.

Try to recommend to Modi for issue a great award for the best performance of administration of theTamilNadu Government.lol

Why this best performing Government, which you now recommend is going with a begging bowl to the Government of India?

The member being at Delhi can recommend for more financial assistance by liaising or lobbying with the Delhi Secretariat. lol

Typical posting of a mind which has troubled conscience.

This is a brahmin forum.

One has to view it from the point of view of the community any issue.

Since the politicians are getting criticized for poor relief , I wanted to convey that brahmins can do nothing much about it and do not have the voting strength to change

anything. The ruling party in tamilnadu has 37 loksabha MPs who can help in passing some legislations in case of joint sitting of both houses or constitution

amendment bills requiring two thirds majority.Central govt is likely to be generous as the ruling party enjoys good relations with Modi govt.

Rains will go away in two or three weeks.

The devastation and aftermath with epidemic issues need to be taken up . The losses cannot be made up even with 10000 crores.

Urban planning requires a relook.

Once a city is devastated it leaves behind a multitude of issues to be tackled. Life may not be the same again in tamilnadu.

This is a brahmin forum.

One has to view it from the point of view of the community any issue.

Since the politicians are getting criticized for poor relief , I wanted to convey that brahmins can do nothing much about it and do not have the voting strength to change

anything. The ruling party in tamilnadu has 37 loksabha MPs who can help in passing some legislations in case of joint sitting of both houses or constitution

amendment bills requiring two thirds majority.Central govt is likely to be generous as the ruling party enjoys good relations with Modi govt.

Rains will go away in two or three weeks.

The devastation and aftermath with epidemic issues need to be taken up . The losses cannot be made up even with 10000 crores.

Once a city is devastated it leaves behind a multitude of issues to be tackled. Life may not be the same again in tamilnadu.

This is called blabbering.

In this Forum currently there are more than thirty threads are discussed.

Go to all other threads also and discuss about Brahmins community there bcos it is Brahmin Forum. lol

People who have no other useful work to do, may better mark their time thro' such senseless postings. lol

You are the one, who makes best use of the Brahmin community by wishing to discuss about the community in all the threads. lol

Please do that and continue your blabbering postings. Let all the other members also experience your wisdom, thoughts,etc

Most know that arm chair preachers are capable of only discussion, nothing tangible. lol

This is called blabbering.

In this Forum currently there are more than thirty threads are discussed.

Go to all other threads also and discuss about Brahmins community there bcos it is Brahmin Forum. lol

People who have no other useful work to do, may better mark their time thro' such senseless postings. lol

You are the one, who makes best use of the Brahmin community by wishing to discuss about the community in all the threads. lol

Please do that and continue your blabbering postings. Let all the other members also experience your wisdom, thoughts,etc

Most know that arm chair preachers are capable of only discussion, nothing tangible. lol

All wisdom appears to be concentrated only in you.

Bye and enjoy the rains

< Clipped >

Having allowed the ever- and over- greedy construction mafia to build left, right and centre, the governments have ruined Chennai. One or two more years of such rain havoc, people will desert the city in droves and seek their livelihood elsewhere where there is no fear of rains playing havoc. Then the building mafia will go there, make money and share their loot with the politicians, and the chain will go on and on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back