• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

செம்மொழி மாநாடு

Status
Not open for further replies.
செம்மொழி மாநாடு

The curtains are to be down soon. The Government declared that all educational institutions including universities are closed for 5 days. The Govt. Servants were granted special Casual leave for 5 days if they are to attend this மாநாடு . But this is not for the TASMAC staff! TASMAC has ordered by June 3 circular that liquor shops should remain open from 10AM to 10 PM and no worker in these should take leave from June 20 to 28! Madras high court dismissed a petition seeking to quash the order. Power of Spirit!! Jambu:cheer2:

Last edited:
Probably Liquor will come under Essential Commodities Act and Liquor Shops come under Essential Services Act.

வாழ்க தமிழ் (sorry வால்க டமில்)

All the best

வாய்க தமிய் ! இதுகூட தெர்லன்ன எப்பிடி? டாஸ்மாக் இல்லாத ஒரு மீட்டிங் எப்பிடி நடக்கும்? உடன்பிறப்பு அப்பிடின்னா தெரீமா? ரேஷன் கார்ட்ல டாஸ்மாக் போட்டாதான் நாடு முன்னேறும்! (என்ன கொஞ்சம் பிடிப்பா)!....

வாய்க தமிய் ! இதுகூட தெர்லன்ன எப்பிடி? டாஸ்மாக் இல்லாத ஒரு மீட்டிங் எப்பிடி நடக்கும்? உடன்பிறப்பு அப்பிடின்னா தெரீமா? ரேஷன் கார்ட்ல டாஸ்மாக் போட்டாதான் நாடு முன்னேறும்! (என்ன கொஞ்சம் பிடிப்பா)!....

very good

that is how.. to recoupe the expense met on the meeting.
vaazhuga d(mk)

அட என்னப்பா பார்லே குந்தினிருக்கே? . ஆராச்சி செய்ரேம்பா . தமிள ஏன் செம்மொளினு சொல்ரான்? மாநாட்ல புச்சு புச்சா பேர் சொல்ரான் புரியலபா. மடிகணினி, பேனாசேமிப்பான் தரவு .இதுக்கெல்லாம் மீனிங் என்னபா? சிம்புளா செல்றேன் கேட்டுக. சல்பேட்டான்ன கொச்ச தமிளு. சாராயததை மதுன்னா செந்தமிளு. இத்தயே ஜிஞ்ஜாமிர்தம் சொன்னா செம்மொளி . புரிஞ்சுதா ? மாநாட்டுக்கு லேட் மச்சி வற்டா ? ஜம்பு :eyebrows:

Last edited:
அட என்னப்பா பார்லே குந்தினிருக்கே? . ஆராச்சி செய்ரேம்பா . தமிள ஏன் செம்மொளினு சொல்ரான்? மாநாட்ல புச்சு புச்சா பேர் சொல்ரான் புரியலபா. மடிகணினி, பேனாசேமிப்பான் தரவு .இதுக்கெல்லாம் மீனிங் என்னபா? சிம்புளா செல்றேன் கேட்டுக. சல்பேட்டான்ன கொச்ச தமிளு. சாராயததை மதுன்னா செந்தமிளு. இத்தயே ஜிஞ்ஜாமிர்தம் சொன்னா செம்மொளி . புரிஞ்சுதா ? மாநாட்டுக்கு லேட் மச்சி வற்டா ? ஜம்பு :eyebrows:
ஒன்னவுட கில்லாடி ஒரு பேர் போட்டான்பா ! ரொம்ப புட்சுபோச்சு
கேளு "வலை வாசி (Netizen)" கரீடா , டக்ராகீது. இன்ன கம்னு கீர? சர்தானே? Jambu

Last edited:
என்னபா இது சும்மா விட்டா பேசிகினே போறிக செம்மொளின்கரிக சிந்து சமவெளிங்கரிக

இதுக்குமுன்னாலே பாப்பானுங்க வடக்கேந்து வந்தான்னு சொன்னீங்க அப்போ அவனுங்கதான் தமில இங்க கொண்டாந்தனுன்களா

நைனா நீ சொல்றது ஒண்ணுமே புரியலே ஒரே கொலப்பமாகீது இன்னுரு ஒருதபா மப்பு எத்திகின புரியுமா தெரியலே எதிகினுதன் புரியதான்னு பாப்போம்

என்னபா இது சும்மா விட்டா பேசிகினே போறிக செம்மொளின்கரிக சிந்து சமவெளிங்கரிக

இதுக்குமுன்னாலே பாப்பானுங்க வடக்கேந்து வந்தான்னு சொன்னீங்க அப்போ அவனுங்கதான் தமில இங்க கொண்டாந்தனுன்களா

நைனா நீ சொல்றது ஒண்ணுமே புரியலே ஒரே கொலப்பமாகீது இன்னுரு ஒருதபா மப்பு எத்திகின புரியுமா தெரியலே எதிகினுதன் புரியதான்னு பாப்போம்

தமிளு கொணாந்தது அகஸ்தி(அய்)யரு .இவரு ஐய்யரா ?வடக் கேந்து வந்தாரா? அராச்சி பண்ணி சொல்றேன்பா. ஊத்திக்கினா ரோஜன வரும். ஊத்திகினு கடிச்சுகவா ? கடிச்சுகினு ஊத்திகவா ? டென்ஷன் ஆக்கிட்டேபா!! .Jambu:spit:

சும்மா சேரி பாஷை நிம்ப்ளேகேல்லாம் கைலி பூட்சு .இத பாரு நான் சைடபெட் க்கு ப்ரிட்கே தாண்ட மாடிங்க்ஹோ ,என்ன பாபர யேறி அய்யன்கறாய் ,வூட்லை சொல்லிட்டு வண்டுடை ,நான் ஏத்திகிட்டு பய்சரைன்..என ரொம்ப மொரகிஈர ..ஜாம் பஜார் ஜக்கு நான்னு

சும்மா சேரி பாஷை நிம்ப்ளேகேல்லாம் கைலி பூட்சு .இத பாரு நான் சைடபெட் க்கு ப்ரிட்கே தாண்ட மாடிங்க்ஹோ ,என்ன பாபர யேறி அய்யன்கறாய் ,வூட்லை சொல்லிட்டு வண்டுடை ,நான் ஏத்திகிட்டு பய்சரைன்..என ரொம்ப மொரகிஈர ..ஜாம் பஜார் ஜக்கு நான்னு

சைதாபேட்ட கொக்கு யாரு ? !! Jambu:fear:

சைதாபேட்ட கொக்கு யாரு ? !! Jambu:fear:

என்ன ஜம்பு நைனா சும்மா டப்பைகிரிய .கொக்கு நானே ஜக்கு நானே ,அல்லாமே நானே ..நான்னு மில்லி இருபேன் லிட்டர் லியும் இருபேன் ...டாஸ்மாக் சரக்கு ஓராய்டியா எருதும இனிக்கு ஹிக் ஹிக்

என்ன ஜம்பு நைனா சும்மா டப்பைகிரிய .கொக்கு நானே ஜக்கு நானே ,அல்லாமே நானே ..நான்னு மில்லி இருபேன் லிட்டர் லியும் இருபேன் ...டாஸ்மாக் சரக்கு ஓராய்டியா எருதும இனிக்கு ஹிக் ஹிக்

நெசமாகாடடி டாஸ்மாக் சரக்க கலப்படம் இல்லாம மாநாடு டயம்லே ஒர்ஜினலா ஊத்தறான். செம கிக்கு கலைஞர்க்குதாம்பா டேங்க்ஸ். அடுத்த மாநாடுங்காட்டி ளெள்ளு சரக்குதான் ! பட்ணத்லே பாக்கலாமா ? Jambu :Cry:

Last edited:
Five days holidays?

Dr. TNJ:
Are you serious? Did the TN Govt., really declare FIVE days holidays? Did anybody challenge this in the court?
Productivity (whatever little there is) is out the window. It is amazing there is absolutely no accountability at any level.
God help TN!

The curtains are to be down soon. The Government declared that all educational institutions including universities are closed for 5 days. The Govt. Servants were granted special Casual leave for 5 days if they are to attend this மாநாடு . But this is not for the TASMAC staff! TASMAC has ordered by June 3 circular that liquor shops should remain open from 10AM to 10 PM and no worker in these should take leave from June 20 to 28! Madras high court dismissed a petition seeking to quash the order. Power of Spirit!! Jambu:cheer2:

i do not agree, the discordant note here in this forum, about semmozhi maanadu.

i have a couple of relatives who participated in it, and have nothing but high praise for the same.

not only were there plenty of papers on literature & anthropology, subjects i think, which are not patronized by us as a community, were evidenced by their deep research, read and exchanged;

but bharathanatyam in its shining symbolism to tamil culture was given its due place.

ofcourse, i see nothing wrong in tasmac being open. so also must be the restaurants, shops etc.

i see the same puritanism about imposition of certain values on others. live and let live. :)

things used to be the same here in canada, when the protestantism held sway. no shopping on sundays. liquor stores closed at the whim of the government. all that changed, with immigration and flow of people from all lands and cultures.

Last edited:
Kunjuppu

I am not against Senmozhi Maanaadu; in fact, it would be nice if this is held in different parts of India so that other regions will come to know the rich Tamil culture.
I was only against the TN government declaring five days holidays.

Dr. TNJ:
Are you serious? Did the TN Govt., really declare FIVE days holidays? Did anybody challenge this in the court?
Productivity (whatever little there is) is out the window. It is amazing there is absolutely no accountability at any level.
God help TN!

Yes educational Institutions closed The Government offices were not closed as public holidays But the Government servants were given 5 days special Casual leave if they were to attend this conference. This is is special type of leave granted only for this purpose. This like some scientists or doctors attending some science gongress or medical forum meeting to update their knowledge they are allowed this leave. Jambu

...fcourse, i see nothing wrong in tasmac being open. so also must be the restaurants, shops etc.

Dear K, I want to express my support for this. I have no problem with a little fun deriding hypocrisy whatever the source. But repeated allusion that an average Tamil is an uncouth ignoramus drunkard is quite distressing.

Cheers!

i do not agree, the discordant note here in this forum, about semmozhi maanadu.

i have a couple of relatives who participated in it, and have nothing but high praise for the same.

not only were there plenty of papers on literature & anthropology, subjects i think, which are not patronized by us as a community, were evidenced by their deep research, read and exchanged;

but bharathanatyam in its shining symbolism to tamil culture was given its due place.

ofcourse, i see nothing wrong in tasmac being open. so also must be the restaurants, shops etc.

i see the same puritanism about imposition of certain values on others. live and let live. :)

things used to be the same here in canada, when the protestantism held sway. no shopping on sundays. liquor stores closed at the whim of the government. all that changed, with immigration and flow of people from all lands and cultures.

Dear Kunjappu,

All the points raised are pertinent But you have missed the main issue Is this Manadu really in the interest of Tamil or is it Political? "வலை வாசிகள் "( This is a new term that has come out of this Manadu and I like it) may miss or may not see in between lines The entire procedure is sort of surrogate Projection of one man and his family. Liquor are not allowed legally to be advertised What do you do? Have Kingfisher Brand every where ( Mineral water Airline IPL Team )and go in for the brand King Fisher with great Guns! you should know that the general elections are round the corners?

Here is one for the roads I heard this conversation near the Bus stand obviously among the lower party cadres . என்னண்ணே எங்க போரீஹ? கோயம்பத்தூருக்குகா ? கனி (செம்)மொழி மாநாட்டுகுதேன் இல்லேனா கரச்சலாயிடும் Jambu:hail:

Last edited:
since the curtain is down in மாநாடு I think we should all also do the same in this forum with few concluding remarks Was there not any spill over or trickle down benefits? Naturally there should be. நெல்லுககு இறைத்த நீர் வாய்கால் வழியோடி புல்லுக்கும் ஆங்கே பொசியும் The language is sure to benefit with great research papers and few new technical words born out of this. But what is the labor cost? Astronomical. Infrastructure created like roads etc will befit Coimbatore. What about the increase in statue population ? We will see it in a separate thread. குத்தாலத்லே இட இடிச்சா கோயம்பத்தூர்லே மழை பெய்யும். கோயம்பத்தூர்லே மாநாடு நடந்தா மதுரைலே Power Cut கிடையாது since it was covered live in local channels and you know who own these cable companies. Students had extended 5 days holiday enjoying world Cup Foot Ball Match with no home work to bother. Govt servants enjoyed 5 days of undeclared holidays gossiping with out any sense of guilt. Now the power cut is reimposed for 2 hours between 8 AM & 10 AM! மீண்டும் அடுத்த மாநாட்டில் சந்திக்கும்வரை விடை பெறுவது அன்புள்ள உங்கள் ஜம்பு .:lalala: நன்றி வணக்கம்

To my mind there appears to be three reasons for conducting this event at Coimbatore.

1. Both in the last Assembly and Parliment elelctions, DMK front fared badly in Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Nilgiris and Erode districts. One reason is a new outfit has created `kongu nadu' feeling among the voters and split the votes.

To pacify this outfit, this event is organised at Coimbatore. Special grants have been given to develop permanent infrastructure at Coimbatore belt.

Hopefully the Coimbatore belt (Kongu Nadu) will patronise DMK front in the next election.

2. In the family politics of our CM, Kanimozhi was put in charge of the event and hence she was pacified to a great extent.

3. LTTE and its sympathisers participated in the conference in full swing. One gentleman Fr Jasper Gaspar Raj is pro-LTTE. If he enters USA, he will be arrested immediately as he is in the wanted list of USA police department. He was very prominent in the entire event.

In the name of Tamil Development, all the above were achieved. Normally we heard about getting two mangoes out of one stone. But our CM is capable of getting three mangoes.

If Tamil Language also develops through the event, it is well and good.

All the best

BTW, I understand that this is not a "World Tamil Conference" and since permission was refused for the same, this has been named as "Tholkappiar Tamil Sangam" or something like that.

See

How Karunanidhi hijacked World Tamil meet - 1 - *National News ? News ? MSN India

Sri Sangom sir,

You are correct. It is not termed as World Tamil Conference and is regarded as `Tamil Semmozhi Mahanadu' only.

I don't know why Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Smt. Sonia Gandhi didn't participate in the conference.

Only Pranab Mukerjee and P Chidambaram participated in the conference apart from President of India.

It is quite obvious that this conference is mainly to reap some political mileage in the kongu region.

All the best

folks,

one cannot, in any event of this nature, separate the participation of political figures. particularly, when MK is a well literateur.

whether we like MK or not, it goes without saying, that he is indeed a renowned tamil scholar. in fact the term, படிக்காத மேதை, would be appropriate for him, i think, considering his mastery of the tamil language, and how excels in the written & spoke words.

our own V.r. krishna iyer attended it. my cousins danced there. her friends, TBs all, read papers. they found it very well organized and impressed by the calibre not only of scholars from tamil nadu but also from abroad.

for to appreciate this, one must like tamil. folks whose mindset is how to make it big in IT are not interested.

the tamil culture is big on food and alcohol. our own eminent carnatic musicians, are known to spike the கூஜா with potent medicine to be sipped during the concerts. the best of ஆலாபனை, i think, is realized, when the mind crosses into the realm of unbridled imagination, which certainly, the consumption of alcohol helps.

re the intrigues 0f the MK family. yes, the forum provided several opportunities. why not make hay while the sun shines? whether they will thrive post MK, only time and voter power will show.

ok,MK is beyond comparison.afik i have never been affected personally,but did have few ppl come to me for help.MK is thiruvarur borde high school student.those days going to school itself is great and educated.so,echnically MK is a person who has come up in life,by his own merit --- no paatan sotthu or appan pughaz.

he is a politician and will indulge in politics.imho he shud retire gracefully as his bete noire was mgr,my fav hero :).jj shud compete with his younger generation like stalin,alagiri,maran...etc.MK actually has diminshed competing with jj.she is the comeback kid,my bets are on her :).

tamizh has been surviving well.it will continue to do so,in future too.love my brothers and sisters of tamizh speaking,mwahhhhhhhhhhhh.

The name SEMMOZHI MANADU since world tamil samngam didn't approve the dates given by MK and the tamilians around the world doesn't accept him as one and only tamizhina thalaivar. They know the way to collect money and to project him as the one and only leader. When the MPs visited Srilanga T.R balu insisted to the tamilians kalaingar only the leader and no one. He had this courage after the anouncement of prbahakaran's death.

Most of the DMK persons visted ooty, mysore and so many tourist places around and showed the people how the DMK persons will behave.

Who doesn't know tamil got semmozhi viruthu only because he wrote sindu scripts are dravidian scripts. This theory is not accepted by central govt and the researchers. Everyone praised Mr.Kalduvel who is the christian priest who is the main person to make the false theory to propagate christianity and he is used tamil as a tool. No surprise these politicians are using tamil as a tool for their politics.

The manadu used to show Mks power and wealth. Feasably it helped for tamil and the Covai city development.

OOPS its all happen in kazhaka atchiyil.

Apart from this Mr.Sivathambi and somebody insisted sanskrit and tamil are pillars of india's culture.

Apart from this there is no way for Mk to avoid thamiz thatha & suryanarayana sasthri worked for tamil. Tholkapiar also TNB. But I feel our community missed this oppurtunity to make some points about our communities services for tamil. In future our people should not miss like this to show we also here without seeing the negative and oppose.

sarvam krishnarpanam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back