• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

சினிமா நடிகர்களுக்கு பாரத ரத்னா விருது : &

Status
Not open for further replies.
சினிமா நடிகர்களுக்கு பாரத ரத்னா விருது : &

விளையாட்டு வீரர்கள், சினிமாக் கலைஞர்களுக்கு பாரத ரத்னா விருதை அளிக்கக் கோருவது கேலிக்கூத்தானது என, பிரஸ் கவுன்சில் தலைவர் மார்கண்டேய கட்ஜூ தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

கிரிக்கெட் வீரர் சச்சின் டெண்டுல்கருக்கும், துப்பாக்கி சுடும் வீரர் அபினவ் பிந்த்ராவுக்கும், பாரத ரத்னா விருது வழங்கக் கோரி, பல்வேறு தரப்பில் வற்புறுத்தப்படுகின்றன.

இது குறித்து சுப்ரீம் கோர்ட் முன்னாள் நீதிபதியும், பிரஸ் கவுன்சில் தலைவருமான மார்கண்டேய கட்ஜூ வெளியிட்டுள்ள அறிக்கையில் கூறியதாவது:சினிமாக் காரர்களுக்கும், விளையாட்டு வீரர்களுக்கும் பாரத ரத்னா விருதை வழங்கக் கோருவது, நமது கலாசாரம் தரம் தாழ்ந்துள்ளதை தான் காட்டுகிறது. தற்போது நம்நாட்டை முன்னேற்ற பாதையில், கொண்டு செல்லும் நபர்களுக்கு தான் பாரத ரத்னா விருது வழங்கப்பட வேண்டும். நாட்டு முன்னேற்றத்துக்கு உழைத்தவர்களுக்கு இறந்த பின்பும் கூட இந்த விருதை வழங்கலாம். உதாரணத்துக்கு சர்தார் படேல், சட்டமேதை அம்பேத்கார், புரட்சி கவிஞர் பாரதி போன்றவர்கள் இந்த விருதுக்கு தகுதியானவர்கள். உருது கவிஞர் மிர்சா காலிப், பெங்காலி நாவலாசிரியர் சரத் சந்திரா போன்றவர்களுக்கு இந்த விருதை கோருவது கண்டிக்கத்தக்கது.

பணம் ஒன்றையே குறிக்கோளாக கொண்ட சினிமாக் கலைஞர்கள், விளையாட்டுத் துறை சார்ந்தவர்களுக்கு, பாரத ரத்னா விருது வழங்க கோருவது உணர்ச்சி வயப்பட்ட நிலையிலானது. இது கேலிக்கூத்தானது. இந்தியக் கலாசாரம் இந்த அளவுக்கு சீரழிந்து வருவது வருத்தமளிக்கிறது.இவ்வாறு மார்கண்டேய கட்ஜூ கூறியுள்ளார்.

Today's news in Dinamlar about giving bharat ratna to sports persons and cinema actors. Whether Sachin Tendulkar deserves for Bharat Ratna?

Last edited:
not true.

who are we to arbite, as to who is more important to the nation. and who has contributed more.

cinema is an art, as important and perhaps more influential than classical music or arts... cinema is the art, birthed in 20th century and maturing in 21st in india.

i see nothing wrong, in according bharat ratna, if the definition of the deserves fit. whether it be, MS or VB :) they both contributed their best.

and in their own way, did the country good.

What's Bharat Ratna, anyway?

That's called Pride & Promise of India - a Shining Diamond on the Crown of India, if it were.

MGR was given Bharat Ratna, after his death.

Was he given because he was a Political Leader, a CM died in Office or as an Actor who captured the imagination of 60 million Tamils?

I take a position that BR can be given to any Indian with an Exceptional Positive Impact on Society..

Sachin T should be given BR (Sports)

AR Rahman should be given BR (Music)

Who else?

Otherwise, the Aam Admi will lose any interest in all this Glorified Titles!

Cheers.

:)

What's Bharat Ratna, anyway?

That's called Pride & Promise of India - a Shining Diamond on the Crown of India, if it were.

MGR was given Bharat Ratna, after his death.

Was he given because he was a Political Leader, a CM died in Office or as an Actor who captured the imagination of 60 million Tamils?

I take a position that BR can be given to any Indian with an Exceptional Positive Impact on Society..

Sachin T should be given BR (Sports)

AR Rahman should be given BR (Music)

Who else?

Otherwise, the Aam Admi will lose any interest in all this Glorified Titles!

Cheers.

Vidya Balan for her acting skills :)

I want Kalaigner MK write a wonderful screen play, script and songs for his Magnum Opus of some type, and produce a Mega Blockbuster in modern Tamil Cinema..

And earn a Palke Award for his Artistic Efforts and Contribution!

And, J Jaya gets convicted in the Disproportional Asset Case! Now, Sasikala can turn hostile and be an "appover"!

Silly thoughts!

There are several civilian awards GOI gives out, of which Bharat Ratna is the top most. Those who excel just in sports and arts may be given Badma Vibhushan or Badma Bushan, etc. BR must be only for people who have made extraordinary contribution to the people of India.

I just took a look at the list of recipients and I see VV Giri and "Mother" Teresa as recipients, but not EVR, this is a travesty.

Cheers!

Anna Hazare, Sandalwood smuggler Veerappan (Posthumously), One among MS Swaminathan or Subramanya Swamy or Viswanathan Anand for the sake of TBs. IF Lalu Prasad Yadav is conferred the BR than teachers like me will be the only one left for being conferred things like Padma Shree and I don't mind accepting it.

Our tally in Oscar and Olympics is a Big Zero and so so so so the Arjuna Award will also come to the level of a common man and I will be eligible for Dronacharya award for making my daughter win her school race (in which she alone ran - not even one another competitor for all were busy watching their Bharath Rathna star's latest movie in the TV!!). But if Ekalaiva's reservation is done than it will not be possible for the award may go to the reserved category person who had his/her house nearest to the race track!!!

Already the level of Awards are lowered.Now it is getting further lowered.Jai Hind.
Alwan

Already the level of Awards are lowered.Now it is getting further lowered.Jai Hind.
Alwan

talwar,

dear talwar,

Do I detect a prejudice in you against the filmdom. Why is it that? pray tell me.

Is it something to do with their ‘morals’ – a sub society populated by men and women of supposedly loose sexual preferences?

Is it something to do with the large amount of money the successful ones make? Please note the rate of success is 1%< with most aspirants eking out their living as ‘extras’ on a few hundred rupees a day, whenever they manage to find some job?

Is it the fact, a good chunk of the money made, is ‘black’, cash under the table, which is not reported or income tax paid on it?

Is it the blatant nepotism practised in the industry, where the offsprings of those established in the industry appear to have an easy entry, though no guarantee of success, which is the ultimate call of the public via the box office?

Please let me know. So that we can follow up on this.

Thank you.

ps.. JAI HIND from me too :)

talwar,

dear talwar,

Do I detect a prejudice in you against the filmdom. Why is it that? pray tell me.

Is it something to do with their ‘morals’ – a sub society populated by men and women of supposedly loose sexual preferences?

Is it something to do with the large amount of money the successful ones make? Please note the rate of success is 1%< with most aspirants eking out their living as ‘extras’ on a few hundred rupees a day, whenever they manage to find some job?

Is it the fact, a good chunk of the money made, is ‘black’, cash under the table, which is not reported or income tax paid on it?

Is it the blatant nepotism practised in the industry, where the offsprings of those established in the industry appear to have an easy entry, though no guarantee of success, which is the ultimate call of the public via the box office?

Please let me know. So that we can follow up on this.

Thank you.

ps.. JAI HIND from me too :)
Hi Kunnjuppu,
All the reasons given by you hold good for not giving BR to Film peronalities.
My specific resons are as below.

1)No Actor/Actress come to filmdom to achive BR.They simply come for earning.Of course they have the passion and with luck they succeed.There ends the matter.

2)To be in the Industry they make some Goodwill Gestures and be in public mind.
That doen't make them eligible/claim BR.

3)BR is for Selfless Servise in their field,Take for example MS Subbulaksmi.She earned a lot of money in her field of excellence,but all were donated to various Charities.

4)In the case of MGR, He Got BR for his nationalist view.But you look at History of Drvidan party.They were voicing for separate Tamilnadu from mainstream Indis.
At that period He should have voiced for Nationalism.Not after Annadurai dropped separate TN.

5)The funny part of Anna Hazare is He claims to be Gandian,but supports violence against Sharadpawar.He may be Mass attracter through Channels,but BR to him is Ridicules.
Jai Hind.

5)The funny part of Anna Hazare is He claims to be Gandian,but supports violence against Sharadpawar.He may be Mass attracter through Channels,but BR to him is Ridicules.
Jai Hind.
If you want to exaggerate Anna's slap quote this way as violence than I do it my way to prove MG himself was a violent non violinist!

Anna was curious whether the old veteran Congress people like Sharad Pawar followed Gandhi's dictum (to show the other cheek to instigate violence in the violent!) and so he send one of his follower who is an expert in slap test to slap and test Shard Pawar. When Sharad Pawar also did not showed his second cheek to take the second slap - Anna was annoyed and vehemently asked the one who furnished the news to him as "Are you sure it is just one slap?". It is true that Anna would have been happy that Gandhian violent second slap got delivered and received in the true Gandhian way!!

To my opinion the awards are give only under politicial incluence and the govt. itself is not coming forward to identify the the distinguished persons.

There awards are padmashri, padma bhushan and padma vibhushan and lastly the highest award is Bharat Ratna.

There is no objection in giving the lower awards other than BR to persons in film industry and sports for doing execelence in their fields.

The BR is a highest order of award to be given only to the personality who has rendered selfless service to the service ireespective of any field.

In case of film personalities and sports persons what is their contribution to the Society. As far Saching Tendulkar is concered he has achieved a milestone in sports and we have to see after his retirement how he is contributing to the society on the name,fame and money earned from sports. Only on the basis of sports if he is given BR that is absurd. This will lead to unnecessary controversies.

Moreover BR should not be given on the populistic demands. Then there will be no end. You have to satisfy everybody.

suku,

on the gist of it, i would tend to agree with you, talwar and the rest.

but, somehow, i have a nagging feeling in my conscience, that we are looking at the world, at state offered honours, at BR, with somewhat of through a tinted glass.

MS, however divine the lady might have spend the latter years of her life, started her career in this art world of tamildom, as a film star. i remember, on one occassion, when i remarked at home, re MS's sense of philanthophy, the reaction from my mother, சின்ன வயசுல பண்ணின பாவாத்துக்கேல்லாம் பரிஹாரம் தேடிக்கரா ..

i personally think MS is godhead, but what i am saying here, to a previous generation, MS is viewed different. that is all. it is all in the perception, and perception is a factor of time and values.

i think, being gifted with more than average intelligence, you and i, must rise above, and think in a more absolute perspective.

today's cinema world is an all pervading influence on india. more than ever by gandhi, nehru, MS, Ariyakudi (whoishe) lalgudi palghat and such.

we need to rid ourselves of imagined intellectual snottishness, and look upon every person of prominence, from the viewpoint of his influence on society.

kannadasan, through his அர்த்தமுள்ள ஹிந்து மதம் discourses in venus colony, in my opinion, came so close to me, far beyond, even his greatest poems turned cinema songs.

i am not a follower of cricket, but whenever i see a group of desis, their talk turning to cricket, and the names that come up - gavaskar, tendulkar, dravid, kunjuppu - these have a chance to and do, influence a country of 1 billion +, more than MS or MGR ever did.

so, all i am saying is who are we, to define the boundaries, of which field and who should, or should not, be considered for BR.

it is comforting to take a stand, that nobel winning scientists, authors and world acknowledged philanthropists should only be awarded BR. but in a country of 1 billion+, there are many a heroes, whose contributions influences far more - for the good overall.

let us be modest, acknowledge the contributions of these for their goodness (irrespective of their monetary gains), and garland them with the golden emblem of bharat ratna.

bharatratanaish yours truly...regards :)

''i am not a follower of cricket, but whenever i see a group of desis, their talk turning to cricket, and the names that come up - gavaskar, tendulkar, dravid, kunjuppu - these have a chance to and do, influence a country of 1 billion +, more than MS or MGR ever did.'' quote bu K.
By Adding your name along with Gavaskar,Tendulkar you are showing only you are not serious about the topic.So I am not surprised to find that you are telling us we are defining boundaries.If some boundary,criteria are not defined anybody can claim to be worth BR LIKE YOU HAVE DONE TO ADD YOUR NAME WITH GAVASKAR,DRAVID,,
Alwan

''i am not a follower of cricket, but whenever i see a group of desis, their talk turning to cricket, and the names that come up - gavaskar, tendulkar, dravid, kunjuppu - these have a chance to and do, influence a country of 1 billion +, more than MS or MGR ever did.'' quote bu K.
By Adding your name along with Gavaskar,Tendulkar you are showing only you are not serious about the topic.So I am not surprised to find that you are telling us we are defining boundaries.If some boundary,criteria are not defined anybody can claim to be worth BR LIKE YOU HAVE DONE TO ADD YOUR NAME WITH GAVASKAR,DRAVID,,
Alwan

dear alwar,

i am really sorry. if you read my note, it is passionate. and heartfelt.

however, i am remiss, in adding a little self deprecating humour. if that little sly reference to moi, effectively discounts the quality of my post, as you read it, please forgive me. sir.

i hesitate to remove it, just because, it represents a style that i think my own unique. but from your perspective, may i please request you to ignore it.

1001 apologies.

Dear Kunjuppu

i hesitate to remove it, just because, it represents a style that i think my own unique.

Thanks for not editing your post and removing your name. It does represent your unique stlye of writing which many (a few, oh, atleast me!) of us love to read!

I had a good chuckle on seeing your name along with other cricketers names. :)

Kind regards

Dear K

It is no wonder that you may also get BR. For that reason only I have told that there is no value for awards. In Karnataka also they are giving Rayayotsava Award (Karnataka State formation day) to the distinguished personalitis, which has no value.
Moreover people are not at all care about the awards which has become a Tamasha.

Sri. Kunjuppu conveyed his message with a stroke of humour in it. It's sad to see, such humour is not appreciated.

dear alwar,

i am really sorry. if you read my note, it is passionate. and heartfelt.

however, i am remiss, in adding a little self deprecating humour. if that little sly reference to moi, effectively discounts the quality of my post, as you read it, please forgive me. sir.

i hesitate to remove it, just because, it represents a style that i think my own unique. but from your perspective, may i please request you to ignore it.

1001 apologies.

It is ok Kunjuppu sir,
I have great respect for your posts and appreciated in many of my replies.
I really read the message to the true sense.
Now I can adjust your postings to the Humour part.
So let us proceed further as businesslike,
Best regards,
Alwan

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back