• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

கோசுமல்லி

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I had the opportunity to taste கோசுமல்லி in a wedding lunch.I understand it is a specialty of Thanjavur Brahmins It is an answer for salad & sprouted grains Made of soaked பாசிபருப்பு ,Lime Salt chillies & இஞ்ஜி Nowadays Carrot & வெள்ளிறி are also added Why this is not popular in our day to day meals? Seems easy to make, taste good and nutritious & healthy also. This is made on occasions like ராமநவமி & வருஷபிரப்பு along with பானகம் & நீர்மோர். Should we not take it to our regular meals? Jambu:cheer2:

Last edited:
Really still I remember fighting with my friends , standing in Queue in temple after the procession for getting this treasure:KOSMALLI....
Also its sweet variant is there .....
Is really Yummyy.....

Recently I had the opportunity to taste கோசுமல்லி in a wedding lunch.I understand it is a specialty of Thanjavur Brahmins It is an answer for salad & sprouted grains Made of soaked பாசிபருப்பு ,Lime Salt chillies & இஞ்ஜி Nowadays Carrot & வெள்ளிறி are also added Why this is not popular in our day to day meals? Seems easy to make, taste good and nutritious & healthy also. This is made on occasions like ராமநவமி & வருஷபிரப்பு along with பானகம் & நீர்மோர். Should we not take it to our regular meals? Jambu:cheer2:
Kosamalli is a side dish for the south indian samayal from time immemorial.There are number of varieties in kosamalli.The latest being carrot kosamalli,beetroot kosamalli,maize kosamalli etc.Kosamalli is an important item in any samaradhanai samayal and it is not a rarity.

daily if we eat,then some body constitution,develop wind constantly,thereby polluting the area and space around commonly called as 'kusu'.so only during marriage,rama navami..etc this dish is popular.

i feel in kerala people do not like the dhall variety a lot so they make with vellari and thayir, mambhazham etc but in tanjore they cannot do without paruppu podi, kosumalli, this is done with payaru as well as kadalai paruppu,, and of course the thogayal, daily one thogayal is great for a tanjorian they also fart a lot due to this...heheh sunkan

Sunkan ! might be U R having too much iof bad Gas in You. Pl. Check with a good doctor

dear ambes,
i never eat kosumalli neither having problem how come the issue turns personal here...sunkan

As far as I know, பாசிபருப்பு is not a வாயு பதார்த்தம்; it is குளுமை for the body and hence is very beneficial.

There are different varieties, with வெள்ளிரிக்காய், with carrot, with மாவடு இஞ்சி...

Regards,

Dear sunkan, since u said tanjorians fart a lot after kosmalli i said it in lighter vein.No personal. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back