• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

குடை மிளகாய் பருப்பு உசிலி / Capsicum Paruppu Usili -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paruppu-Usili-2.jpg

தேவையான பொருட்கள் ;

குடை மிளகாய் : 5 Nos
துவரம் பருப்பு : 200 கிராம்
கடலை பருப்பு : 50 கிராம்
சிவப்பு மிளகாய் : 8 Nos (மிளகாய் வற்றல்)
உப்பு : தேவைக்கேற்ப
பெருங்காயம் : 1 டி ஸ்பூன்

தாளிப்பதற்கு :

கடுகு : 1 டி ஸ்பூன்
உளுத்தம் பருப்பு : 2 டி ஸ்பூன்
சமையல் எண்ணை : தேவையான அளவு

செய்முறை :

• துவரம் பருப்பு, கடலை பருப்பு இரண்டையும் 1/2 மணி நேரம் தண்ணீரில் ஊறவைக்கவும்.
  • குடை மிளகாயை விதை நீக்கி, சிறு துண்டங்களாக நறுக்கு கொள்ளவும்.
  • ஊறிய பருப்புகளை பிழிந்து மிக்சியில் போட்டு மிளகாய் வற்றல், உப்பு, பெருங்காயம் சேர்த்து கரகரப்பாக அரைத்துக் கொள்ளவும். தண்ணீர் சேர்க்க வேண்டாம்.
  • ஒரு வாணலியில் எண்ணை விட்டு கடுகு உளுத்தம் பருப்பு சேர்த்து தாளித்தவுடன் நறுக்கிய குடை மிளகாய் சேர்த்து 5 நிமிடம் வதக்கவும்.
  • அதனுடன் அரைத்த விழுதை சேர்த்து உதிரியாக வரும் வரை கிளறி இறக்கவும்.
  • பருப்பு உசிலி ரெடி.
  • மோர் குழம்புடன் சாப்பிட சுவையாக இருக்கும்.

???? ??????? ??????? ????? / Capsicum Paruppu Usili - Bama Samayal

Yummy! After my mother letting me know, I tried Broccoli paruppu usili earlier - came out good. On to trying Capsicum paruppu usili next!

(There is 1 observation I would like to make a note of - Bengal Gram Dhal (kadalai paruppu) may take longer to soak properly -- say atleast 2 hrs -- even that may not be enough! I frequently make Vadacurry with kadalai paruppu vadas and get so disappointed trying to hard grind them after soaking them for an hour or 2. Even if it is hot water, they might take a while to soak properly).

Thank you for the recipe!

I try to get easier methods for each item! Here it is for any Usili!
icon3.png

Make thick adai with the batter on a nonstick dhOsai kal. Cool it; make into small pieces and run them in the mixer grinder.

Soft usili will be ready! Mix with any of the veg, fried in a spoon of cooking oil. Minimum oil is needed for this preparation ! :)

Raji Madam,

That is a good tip! When I have adai batter ready, I will try this method!

Oh... I see, Raji Madam! You make Usili with groud dhal and then make adais in it and run them by the mixer... initially I thought you make adais out of adai maavu! :D

Now I am clear. Yes, yes, we usually use quite an amount of oil after making usili batter to fry and make into the cooked, powdery form. Next time I will try making it into adais!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back