• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ஒரு மொழியாக்கம்/ ஸ்ரீ தக்க்ஷிணா மூர்த்தி

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

narayanee

ஒரு மொழியாக்கம்/ ஸ்ரீ தக்க்ஷிணா மூர்த்தி

இந்தத் தளத்தில் பதியும் நண்பர் ராமச்சந்திர ஐயர் என்பவர், 10 தினங்களுக்கு முன்னால், ஸ்ரீ தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தியைப் பற்றி, நன்கு ஆராய்ந்து, ஆங்கிலத்தில் நன்கு ஆராய்ந்து எழுதப்பட்ட கட்டுரை ஒன்றை எனக்கு அனுப்பி, அதனைத் தமிழாக்கம் செய்து இந்தத் தளத்திலேயே பதிய வேண்டும் என்று கேட்டுக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்.

நேரமில்லாத காரணம், மற்றும் பல இடங்களில் நான் பதிந்து கொண்டிருப்பதால், முனைப்புடன் இன்னமும் இந்தப் புனிதமான பணியில் என்னால் ஈடுபடமுடியவில்லை.

வருந்துகிறேன்..

இரண்டொரு தினங்களில், அந்த மொழியாக்கத்தை ஆரம்பிக்கிறேன்.இந்தக் கட்டுரை 75 பக்கங்கள் கொண்டது.

இங்கே நான் முடிக்க சில வாரங்கள் கூட ஆகலாம்.

இதில் என்னுடைய பங்கு, வெறும் மொழியாக்கமே!

கரு அந்த ஆராய்ச்சியாளார், நண்பர் ராமச்சந்திர ஐயருக்குச் சொந்தமானது.

இது மொழியாக்கமாக இருப்பதால், நண்பரின் ஆங்கிலப் பதிப்பு முதலிலும், என்னுடைய தமிழாக்கம் அடுத்து , அதன் கீழேயும் பதியப்படும்.

எனக்குத் தெரிந்த தமிழில் என்னால் முடிந்த வரை மொழியாக்கம் செய்கிறேன்.அது அந்தக் குரு பகவானே எனக்கு இட்ட கட்டளையாகவும் நான் கருதுகிறேன்.

என்னை நம்பி, இந்தப் பொறுப்பை ஒப்படைத்த நண்பர் ராமச்சந்திர ஐயருக்கு என் மனமார்ந்த நன்றிகள்.

நிர்வாகம் இதற்கு அனுமதி வழங்கும் என எதிர்பார்க்கிறேன்.அப்படி வழங்கும் பட்சத்தில் எதிர் காலத்தில் இன்னும் சில மொழியாக்கங்களைப் பதிய இருக்கிறேன்

One of our friends here, Shri Ramachandra Aiyer has sent me a well researched thesis on Shri Dakshinamoorthi asking me toi translate in Tamil and post the same, here.I take this as Gurubhagavan's order;and service to him.

He sent me his thesis, 10 days before; as I have no time, due to various reasons, it is getting delayed. I regret for that. I am also planning to bring the same in a day or two, in stages..It may run for few weeks.

The subject is authored by Shri Ramachandra Aiyer;

My role is only translation.I will translate to the best of my knowledge.

Hope, the admininstration will give permission.Given that, in future, I intend to bring more translations.

And here, Shri Aiyer's original will precede my tamil translation.

I thank Shri Ramachandra Aiyer for his confidence in me and his magnanimity in understanding my time constraint.

I acknowledge here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Narayanee ji,

You are always welcome to translate good literature of other languages into Tamil. I am sure no body will object to it.

All the best

a very excellant contribution.May God bless Narayani ji for the best efforts. I am looking forward eagarly to such topics.

Respected Narayanee ,
Pranams . Welcome with folded hands the work on Dhakshinamoorthi . I am welcoming your work with the following translation of Sri Ramana on the Adhi Sankara work . Not only you become the LORD Himself but you get Ever increasing wealth by chanting Dhakshinaamoorthi slokam

ஆதி சங்கரர் அருளிய தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி ஸ்தோத்திரத்தை
ரமண பகவான் , அந்த சங்கரனே என்னுள் பொருந்தி இருந்து
தமிழில் கூறுவதாக , நமக்கு தமிழில் அப்படியே அருளியது .

இதனை சிந்தனம் தியானம் கானம் என எவ்வகையில் அனுசரித்தாலும் அவர்களுக்கு ஈசன் தன்மை மற்றும் சாசுவதமான அணிமாதி அஷ்ட ஐஸ்வரியமும் வலியத் தானே சித்திக்கும் என்றாகவே முடிகிறது விசேஷமாகும்

தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி ஸ்தோத்திரம்

மன்னுமா முனிவரர் சாந்தி மன்னவே
தென்முக மூர்த்தியாய் திகழ்ந்து மோனமாம்
தன்னிலை திகழ்த்தியித் துதியிற் தன்மயம்
சொன்ன அச் சங்கரன் துன்னும் என்னுளே .

மவுனமாம் உரையாற் காட்டும் மாப்பிரம வத்துவாலன்
சிவ நிலைத்தவர் சற்சீடர் செறி குருவரன் சிற்கையன்
உவகையோர் உருவன் தன்னுள் உவப்பவன் களி முகத்தன்
அவனையாம் தென்பால் மூர்த்தி அப்பனை ஏத்துவோமே

உலகு கண்ணாடி ஊர் நேருறத் தனுள் அஞ்ஞானத்தால்
வெளியினிற் துயிற் கனாப்போல் விளங்கிடக்கண்டு ஞான
நிலையுறு நேரம் தன்னை ஒருவனாய் எவன் நேர் காண்பன்
தலையுறு குருவாம் அந்தத் தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி போற்றி

வித்துளே முளைபோல் முன்னம் விகற்பமில் இச்சகம் பின்
கற்பித மாயா தேய கால கர்மத்தால் பற்பல
சித்திரம் விரிப்பன் யாவன் சித்தனும் மாயிகன் போல்
சத்தியாற் குருவாம் அந்தத் தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி போற்றி

எவன் ஒளி உண்மையின்மை இயை பொருள் இலங்கு நேரே
எவன் அது நீ யானாய் என்று இசைத்துணர்த்துவன் சேர்ந்தோரை
எவனை நேர்காணின் மீண்டும் இப் பவக் கடல் வீழ் வில்லை
தவர் உறு குருவாம் அந்தத் தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி போற்றி

பலதுளைக் குடத்துள் தீபப் பாய் கதிர்போல் யாற் ஞானம்
விழிமுதற் பொறிவாய்ப் பாய்ந்து வெளி சரித்து அறிந்தேன் என்ன
விளங்கிடும் எவனைச் சார்ந்து விளங்கும் இவ் அவனியாவும்
சலமறு குருவாம் அந்தத் தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி போற்றி

உடல் உ யிர் பொறிகள் புந்தி ஒன்று பாழ் அகமாத் தேர்வர்
மடந்தையர் பாலர் அந்தர் மடையரேய் மூடவாதி
மடமையால் விளையும் அம் மாமயக்கமே மாய்க்கும் ஞானத்
தடையறு குருவாம் அந்தத் தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி போற்றி

இராகு பற்றி இரவி திங்கள் என உளன் மாயை மூடப்
பரா உளம் ஒடுங்கத் தூங்கிப் பரவிட உணரும் காலம்
புரா உறங்கினன் நான் என்று போதனாம் எவன் புமானாய்ச்
சராசர குருவாம் அந்தத் தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி போற்றி

குழவி முன் நனவுமுன்னாக் கூறு பல் அவத்தை எல்லாம்
சுழலினும் கலந்திருந்தே சொலிக்கும் உள் அகமா நாளும்
கழல் விழுவோர்க்கு யார் தன்னைக் காட்டுவன் சிற் குறிப்பால்
தழல் விழிக் குருவாம் அந்தத் தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி போற்றி

உலகை யார் இப்புமான் நோக்குறும் பல நனாக் கனாவிற்
கலங்கியே மாயையாலே காரிய காரணம் பின்
தலைவனும் தாசன் சீடன் குரு மகன் தந்தை யாதி
தலமுறு குருவாம் அந்தத் தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி போற்றி

மண் புனல் அனல் கால் வானம் மதி கதிரோன் புமானும்
என்றொளிர் சராசரம் சேர் இது எவன் எட்டு மூர்த்தம்
எண்ணுவார்க்கு இறை நிறைந்தோன் எவனின் அன்னியம் சற்று இன்றாம்
தண் அருட் குருவாம் அந்தத் தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி போற்றி

சருவமும் தானா நன்றாய்ச் சாற்றும் இத் தோத்திரத்தின்
சிரவணம் தன்னால் அர்த்த சிந்தனம் தியானம் கானம்
புரிவதால் எல்லாம் தானாம் பூதி சேர் ஈசன் தன்மை
மருவிடும் மற்றும் எட்டாம் மடிவ்று செல்வம் தானே

Thanks Akura ji for bringing Ramana Maharishi's translation of Dhakshinamurthi Sthothram.

Wonderful.

Keep it up

All the best

Dear Mr.Narayanee is it possible to post that Translation verse with photos?

"எனக்குத் தெரிந்த தமிழில் என்னால் முடிந்த வரை மொழியாக்கம் செய்கிறேன்."

Dear Narayaneeji,

you are being quite modest. anyway, please keep up the good work.

Shankaracharya’s Hymn to Dakshinamurti

(Translated from Sri Bhagavan’s Tamil rendering)

According to Hindu legends, Dakshinamurti (which means ‘southward-facing’) is God or Siva manifested as a youth who is the divine Guru and guides disciples older than himself through silent influence on their Heart. The name is also divided as Dakshina-amurti and taken to mean
‘formless power’.

The Maharshi was Siva manifested, the divine Guru who taught through silence and was therefore identified with Dakshinamurti.

Invocation
That Shankara who appeared as Dakshinamurti to grant peace to the great ascetics (Sanaka, Sanandana, Sanatkumara and Sanatsujata), who revealed his real state of silence, and who has expressed the nature of the Self in this hymn, abides in me.
The Hymn
He who teaches through silence the nature of the Supreme Brahman, who is a youth, who is the most eminent Guru surrounded by the most competent disciples that remain steadfast in Brahman, who has the hand pose indicating illumination,2 who is of the nature of bliss, who revels in himself, who has a benign countenance — that Father who has a south-facing form,3 we adore.

(2 There are many traditional mudras or postures of the hands which are used in Indian dancing and iconography, each of which has its own meaning.
3 The supreme Guru is the spiritual north pole and therefore traditionally faces southwards. )

To him who by maya, as by dream, sees within himself the universe which is inside him, like a city that appears in a mirror, (but) which is manifested as if externally to him who apprehends, at the time of awakening, his own single Self, to him, the primal Guru, Dakshinamurti, may this obeisance be!

To him who like a magician or even like a great yogi displays, by his own power, this universe which at the beginning is undifferentiated like the sprout in the seed, but which is made differentiated under the varied conditions of space, time, and karma and posited by maya to him, the Guru Dakshinamurti, may this obeisance be!

To him whose luminosity alone, which is of the nature of existence, shines forth, entering the objective world which is like the nonexistent; to him who instructs those who resort to
him through the text ‘That thou art’; to him by realizing whom there will be no more falling into the ocean of birth; to him who is the refuge of the ascetics, the Guru Dakshinamurti, may this obeisance be !

To him who is luminous like the light of a lamp set in a pot with many holes; to him whose knowledge moves outward through the eye and other sense organs; to him who is effulgent as ‘I know’, and the entire universe shines after him; to him, the unmoving Guru Dakshinamurti, may this obeisance be! They who know the ‘I’ as body, breath, senses, intellect, or the void, are deluded like women and children, and the blind and the stupid, and talk much.

To him who destroys the great delusion produced by ignorance; to him who removes the obstacles to knowledge, the Guru Dakshinamurti, may this obeisance be!

To him, who sleeps when the manifested mind gets resolved, on account of the veiling by maya, like the sun or the moon in eclipse, and on waking recognizes self-existence in the form ‘I have slept till now’; to him the Guru of all that moves and moves not, Dakshinamurti, may this obeisance be!

To him who, by means of the hand-pose indicating illumination, manifests to his devotees his own Self that forever shines within as ‘I’, constantly, in all the inconstant states such as infancy, etc., and waking, etc. — to him whose eye is of the form of the fire of knowledge, the Guru Dakshinamurti,
may this obeisance be!

To the self who, deluded by maya, sees, in dreaming and waking, the universe in its distinctions such as cause and effect, master and servant, disciple and teacher, and father and son, to him, the Guru of the world, Dakshinamurti, may this obeisance be!

To him whose eightfold form is all this moving and unmoving universe, appearing as earth, water, fire, air, ether, the sun, the moon, and soul; beyond whom, supreme and all-pervading, there exists naught else for those who enquire — to him the gracious Guru Dakshinamurti, may this obeisance be!

Since, in this hymn, the all-self-hood has thus been explained, by listening to it, by reflecting on its meaning, by meditating on it, and by reciting it, there will come about lordship together with the supreme splendour consisting in all-self-hood; thence will be achieved, again, the unimpeded supernormal power presenting itself in eight forms.

Source
Collected Works of Sri Ramana Maharashi (Translation)
Published by Sri Ramanasramam Thiruvannamali

Last edited:
gview

Introduction:

The study of different forms of Shiva with the concepts of Vedic texts and iconography
has been undertaken by many scholars – Shiva as Sadasiva, Nataraja, Rudra, Bhairava,
Somaskanda etc. However, only passing references have been made about Dakshinamurti
in such studies. Mahadeva Chakravarti says that Dakshinamurti in Indian art is mostly
South Indian in character, but, C. Sivaramamurti’s obervation is pertinent here.
He notes that Shiva as the Lord of Wisdom has two forms –
Lakulisa and Dakshinamurti. Lakulisa is found in northern temples, while Dakshinamuti
appears in the Southern shrines. In the South Lakulisa is represented in a long carving at
Tiruvottriyur, which was commissioned in a spirit of connoisseurship by the appreciative
Rajendra Chola (1012-1044) after his conquest of Kalinga. While Lakulisa is represented
in the west at Modhera in Gujarat, in the north at Payay in Kashmir, and in the east at
Bhuvaneshwar in Orissa, Dakshinamurti in several forms occurs throughout the South.
Thus, Dakshinamurti images have been there throughout India, however, of later, they
might have been made mandatory in Temple building. J. G. Long’s article on “Universal
teacher” is interesting and he delves on “Vyakarnamurti”, the Lord of Grammar, in the
sense “all Sastras”. Here, the origin and development of “Dakshinamurthy” is taken up.

..(contd)

[/B]

இந்த மொழியாக்க முயற்சியை ஏக மனதுடன் பாராட்டிய எல்லோருக்கும் நன்றி.

இந்த மொழியாக்கத்தில் அடைப்புக்குள் ஏதாவது வார்த்தைகள் எழுதப்பட்டிருந்தால், அது இந்தக் கட்டுரையின் ஜீவனுக்காக அடியேன் சேர்த்திருப்பது என்று புரிந்து கொள்ள வேண்டுமாறு கேட்டுக் கொள்கிறேன்..

ஸ்ரீ குருவே நமஹ! என்று மனதுக்குள் ஸ்ரீ தக்க்ஷிணாமூர்த்தியைத் தியானித்து இந்தக் கட்டுரையைத் தொடர்கிறேன்.

வாசக தோஷம் க்ஷந்தவ்ய!!
அறிமுகம்..

அறிஞர்கள் சிவனைப் பற்றி ஆய்வு செய்யும் போது, ஒரு சதாசிவனாக, நடராஜனாக, ருத்ரனாக, பைரவனாக, சோம*ஸ்கந்தனாக, பல அவதாரங்களில், வேத சாஸ்திர அடிப்படையிலும், சிலை இயலிலும் கண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்.
ஆனால், தக்க்ஷிணாமூர்த்தியைப் பற்றிப் போகிற போக்கில் (அவ்வளவாக முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுக்காமல்)குறிப்பிட்டிருக்கிறார்கள்.

இதில் மகாதேவ சக்ரவர்த்தி, தக்க்ஷிணாமூர்த்தியை இந்தியக் கலைகளில் ஒரு தென்னிந்திய கதாபாத்திரமாகப் பாவித்திருக்கிறார்.

ஆனால், சிவராமமூர்த்தியின் கணிப்பு முக்கியத்துவம் வாய்ந்தது.

லகுலிசா, தக்க்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி:

லகுலிசா வடபுல ஆலயங்களில் அதிகமாகத் தென்படுகிறார்.ஆனால் தக்க்ஷிணாமூர்த்தியோ தென்னிந்திய தலங்களில் க் அதிகமாகத் தென்படுகிறார்.லகுலிசா, தெற்கே, திருவொற்றியூரில், ஒரு நீண்ட செதுக்க்கப்பட்ட வடிவாகக் காட்சி தருகிறார்.இது ராஜேந்திர சோழாவால் (1012- 1044)ல் கலிங்கப் போரில் வெற்றி வாகை சூடியதைப் பாராட்டும் விதத்தில் அமைக்கப்பட்டது.மேற்கே குஜராத்தில் மொதேராவிலும்,வடக்கே காஷ்மீரில் பயேயேவிலும், கிழக்கே ஒரிசாவில் புவனேஸ்வரிலுமாக லகுலிசாக் காட்சி தருகிறார்.

ஆனால், தக்க்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி தென்னிந்தியா முழுவதும் பல அவதாரங்களில் காட்சி தருகிறார்.,எப்படியோ அதற்குப் பின்னால்,ஆலயங்களில் தக்க்ஷிணாமூர்த்தியின் திரு உருவம், கட்டாயமாக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது.

ஜே.ஜி..லாங்கின் "உலக ஆசான்"என்ற படைப்பு சுவாரசியமானது.அவர் வியாகர்ணாமூர்த்தியை எல்லா சாஸ்திரங்களுக்கும் ஒரு இலக்கணக் கடவுளாகச் சித்தரிக்கிறார்....

இங்கே தான், தக்க்ஷிணாமூர்த்தியின் ஆரம்பமும், விரிவாக்கமும் எடுத்துக் கொள்ளப்படுகிறது...

(தொடரும்)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back