• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ஊர் அறிந்த பிராமணனுக்குப் பூணூல் எதற்கு?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Saidevo:
Just another piece of info on tAli. When Srinivasa kalyanam is performed in Venkateshwara temples (especially in the US), they celebrate it extensively with parties aligned with the Lord and goddess PadmAvati and go through the entire ritual as though they are celebrating a human wedding. There is tAli tying and pUNUl wearing accompanied by mAlai mARRal etc. Finally they (here comes the business side) they auction off the huge laddu made for the wedding to the highest bidder (as much as $2000-3000).

Hmm, instead of us trying to achieve Godliness, we are trying to turn Gods into humans. Such are the limits of human imagination ..

There is no need any longer. Ball type and rollers with spikes are now available to scratch the back; to scratch others' back long finger nails (!) are enough. For scrubbing during baths, brushes with long handles and metered feed of detergent are available.

Any way, there are other occasions when poonul is to be changed.

இப்படி அழுக்கு ஏறுவதால்தானே, ஆவணி அவிட்டத்தன்று கட்டாயம் புதுப் பூணூல் மாற்றிவிடுகிறார்கள்! :high5:

1. There is no need any longer. Ball type and rollers with spikes are now available to scratch the back ..........

2. Any way, there are other occasions when poonul is to be changed.
1. I did not mean the dirt accumulated by cleaning the back with poonool. I meant wearing it during oil bath!

2. I know Sir! My M I L's srAddham falls on the day of GAyathri japam - pradhamai thithi and hence change on two

consecutive days for Ram and his brothers!

The two are not on equal footing. BrahmaNan is a caste/varNam (does not indicate whether he is married or not). With or without the PUNUl he is a man. But manaivi is a relationship conferred on a woman after marriage. Without the tAli somebody might want to propose to her if some new person walks in. The brahmaNan is not subjected to such a situation based on the presence or absence of the pUNUl.

வெளியூர் சென்றாலும், மற்ற ஆண்கள் 'சைட்' அடிக்காமல் இருப்பதற்கு!! :heh:
hi
athu antha kaalam......ippo eppadi irunthalum paravayille....aanaal sight adikkathan seigirargal.....thirumanavargale sight
adipathu koncham easy thaaan....lol

Poonal: certainly I dont use the poonal to clean the body. as someone said above, poonal is required when you do sandhyavandanam and other rituals. its sanctity is so much that many people, including me, when they do urinating, they hang their poonal on ear. I understand and agree that youngsters dont attach much importance for poonal like young ladies remove the thalis. well, one has to put up with such things. the very fact that one questions necessity of poonal shows its unimportance. It is only Prathemepathe kalyug. we will enjoy more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back