Tamil Brahmins
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 155/78
    Given: 208/30

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I do not know what you expect me to say.I can say what I do/have done and not anything else you want me to say..

2. I am not a crusader for any cause including SC/ST. Nor I force anyone to accept my diktat on choice of mate .I do not recommend to my children or anyone else the

caste of the person they need to marry.I respect and accept their choice. Thats all.

3.The mindset of choice is natural. Take someone with a caste you are familiar with or else take what you can get.Is it not the most normal to do .

4. Support for IC/IR is not for marriage alone. It is for all facets of living.Like some I do not see the caste of vegetable vendor instead of quality of vegetable before

accepting vegetable from him.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 91/29
    Given: 30/43

Quote Originally Posted by krish44 View Post
    Continuing further,
    One does not think of marriage alone , there are so many issues where caste comes into play.
    Like engaging cooks -brahmins opting only for brahmin cooks. I chose to employ someone in delhi who is a nadar{ I found out recently this} . She cook brahmin dishes after training.She is clean and dresses far better than many brahmin girls. No one would even know her caste as she talks brahmin tamil due to study in tamil school in delhi where brahmins are in majority. ................<clipped>................
    Again you are going at a tangent.

An IC/IR marriage can in one fell stroke take away the bottom from all your caste issues.

When you have an SC/ST DIL at home, where is the question of engaging a brahmin cook exclusively? Even a Nadar is supposed to be higher up in the caste totem pole.

Actively canvass for a SC/ST spouse with your grand children so that these problems just vanish. But that needs sincerety and conviction.

Liberal thinking is a matter of beliefs.
    You may pat yourself for it but it is not truly the so called "liberal" thinking. There is nothing liberal there.

I suppose it clarifies what I stand for
    It clarifies. But the picture that emerges is disturbing.
    Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal. --Helen Boswell
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 66/18
    Given: 12/9

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Like some I do not see the caste of vegetable vendor instead of quality of vegetable before

accepting vegetable from him.(#618)

The vegetable caste divide - Brahmin consumes but never produce and trade - Vysya consumes and trade never produce Sudra produce but don't consume & trade - caste is like Narayana - seen everywhere - even in vegetable Don't shake the pillars of Varnasram !

5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 155/78
    Given: 208/30

Pillars here are developing cracks.

We require pidilite to hold it together
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 151/63
    Given: 21/36

I think this caste issues will not be solved in India.
    This thread has served its purpose.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/4
    Given: 7/19

Quote Originally Posted by prasad1 View Post
    I think this caste issues will not be solved in India.
    This thread has served its purpose.

It cannot be solved in India just by discussing in this Forum again and again.

Especially with dubious torch bearers of 'liberal thoughts' coming here preaching sermons for others alone and definitely not for self-observation or self-practice.

It all requires necessary amendements in the Constitution of India by the law makers

With a mason who can't even identify the real structural stability of pillars, only thing that can be achieved through this thread is lot of Vazha Vazha Kozha Kozha postings.lol
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20/24
    Given: 0/4

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You too did defile the Tulsi plant in your post...an imaginary situation still leaves cerebral imprints. -- Doctor Renuka, Veteran

Madam Doctor -- No imaginary situation at all. But God's own living truth.

Dalits: You might not know that even now there are no modern toilets in most of village India. Both Dalits and pious folks like your fellow-Veteran's deceased great-grandmother who "lived in Burma and was very orthodox" were sometimes compelled to perform their toilets in the countryside. Dalits, having no modern toilets, regularly urinated in or outside their own their compounds.

You might also not know that my own family once owned coconut and tamarind plantations, paddy fields and vegetable farms, and employed and housed workers ranging from Dalits descended from leather-workers to Fourth Varna members. When I accompanied my aged grandfather to visit these properties, I have seen Dalits urinating on plants and grasses, not caring whether their urine fell on Tulsi plants or on arukamppillu (sacred to Lord Vinaayakar).

Madam Doctor -- I'm afraid that it might be your own imagination that runs wild, seeing defilement by me when none exists.

E V R N's followers: You have no means of knowing that my Chittappa (father's younger brother), Brahmashri Gopalaier, was a learned, well-read and orthodox priest in a Maanaamadurai temple in Tamil Naadu. He lived very frugally a bare hand-to-mouth existence with his Brahmin wife and two sons in a little temporary clay-floored lean-to he had built above flood-prone land with his own two hands from scrap materials rejected by the NB well-to-do.

Before dawn one fine morning, there appeared in the distance a shouting mob waving black flags, dressed in the red-and-black attire of E V R N's followers, and armed with shoulder-high stout rods. They warned the village inhabitants to stay indoors if they did not want to be bashed up, as the mob had come to vandalise the temple by daubing in black paint
    six-foot-high letters "PAAPPAAN OZHIGA!" in Tamil on its red-and-white striped walls.

Before the wild mob could do any damage, a large crowd of aroused villagers (my Chittappa's eldest son G Venkatasubramanian included) appeared, men and women united, armed with aruvaal, machetes, long knives, pitchforks, heated branding irons,
    lighted torches, eetti, manvetti, kodari, kaikkaththi, sharpened bamboos, long poles with curved serrated knives attached for cutting down coconut bunches, and miscellaneous array of defensive weapons.

The defenders surrounded their revered sacred temple and threatened to wipe out every member of the godless mob of outsiders should they persist in their evil designs. The timely confrontation was successful in saving the temple from the vaunted vandalism.

But some frustrated mobsters entered the adjoining kadamba-vanam (temple's flower-garden) and relieved themselves on the Tulsi plants and other cultivated flowering plants whose blossoms were used in daily puja by my Chittappa.

How do I know? Because eye-witnesses who had no reason to lie, i.e. my Chittappa and my elder cousin-brother told me the horror story when with my parents I made our next annual visit to India. My Chittappa is long dead, but my elder cousin-brother, I beleve, still works as priest at a temple in the hill resort of Kodaikkanal in Tamil Naadu. He is known there simply as Iyer-saami and koil-Iyer.

Brahmin-bashers: -- Unlike the fantasies of some, this is also based on a true incident. A prosperous Dalit businessman, who owned several shops including one stocking Tamil books and periodicals attacking Brahmins and who also lectured on the greatness of revolutionaries Bharathidasan and Annadurai, told me not to step into his shops.

When I asked why, he said all paappaans from Kashmir to Kanyakumari should be "nasukked" like "moottappoochi". Their temples should also be defiled. When walking around at night, if he himself felt the urge to urinate, he went to the nearby Seenivaasa Perumaal Temple where banana clumps and hedges of Tulsi were grown, and emptied his bladder on the latter, imagining them to be the heads of kudumi-paappaans.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 66/18
    Given: 12/9

Quote Originally Posted by krish44 View Post
    Pillars here are developing cracks.

We require pidilite to hold it together
    I can see the pillar cracking -.wait for twilight - Narasimha to come out to teach you a lesson

15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263