Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

ஶ்ருதி ஸ்மிருதி புராணானாம் ஆலயம் கருணாலயம்
    நமாமி பகவத் பாதம் சங்கரம் லோக சங்கரம்

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: Helping the Poor is Pooja we do to God

Sri Maha Periyava was travelling in the Kodavasal–Koradacherry route in Thanjavoor district in Tamil Nadu. On the way in Tirukklambur, the slum people met Him and submitted their humble offerings.
    Paramacharya spoke to everyone, heard their welfare and woes. Unhurriedly, He discussed the details with the Manager as to what SriMatham could do to mitigate their woes, either in their own capacity or with the charity of affordable devotees.

The Managers and the other officials started worrying about the ensuing delay for their next camp and the following pujas. The God of the poor, however, seated Himself among them, and ordered dhotis and saris for everyone present there from the local textile shop. If that shop did not have the required goods, Paramacharya ordered them bought from Kodavasal. He also ordered preparation of thick sambar rice to be served to the people under the shade of the trees.

The Manager was worried that the two or three hours time spent in these activities would delay reaching their next camp and that it would be very tedious for Periyava to undertake the long pooja thereafter.

When He started to express his feeings, Paramacharya simply said, “This is also a pooja.”
    What a Divine message: Helping the poor and supporting the poor is also pooja we do to God.
    Source: Maha Periyaval Virundhu by Ra Ganapathi

Compiled by Jagadguru Sri Maha Periyava - Kanchi Paramacharya/Fb

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experiences with Maha Periyava: “Strange Plea”
    (Periyava sent the prasadam by flight, accepting the request of His devotee)

Sathanoor Krishnamoorthy Aiyar was a devotee and owner of several land and real estates. He had come for Periyava’s darisanam almost fifty years back. What made him do it, we do not know, but he put forth a strange request to Sri Maha Periyava.

“Once I breathe my last, Periyava must favour me by sending Ganga Jalam and Tulasi leaves as prasadam to cleanse the body and soul and get me liberated”.

No one else except Periyava heard this strange request and Sathanoor Krishnamoorthy Aiyar did not mention about it to anyone.

Later when Sri Matham was camping in Satara in Maharashtra a message was received over phone that Sathanoor Krishnamoorthy Aiyar has attained the heavenly abode.

Periyava was informed about it at the appropriate moment. He was silent for a minute. Then He gave Ganga Jalam and Tulasi leaves to His shishya and sent him to Sathanoor by flight.

The disciple went to Aiyar’s house and put the prasadams on the mortal remains before he embarked on his final journey.

How is it possible to remember the request of a devotee even after fifty years? Even though there was no witness, even though Periyava was in a place so far away, his request was honoured and fulfilled by Periyava.

That is the grace of Periyava!

Narrated by: SriMatham Balu Mama
    Source: Maha Periyaval Darisana Anubhavangal
    Compiled by Jagadguru Sri Maha Periyava - Kanchi Paramacharya/Fb

Source: MAHA PERIYAVA Public Group/Face Book

ஹர ஹர சங்கர ஜெய ஜெய சங்கர !!

Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!

ஸ்ரீ குருப்யோ நமஹ

ஶ்ருதி ஸ்மிருதி புராணானாம் ஆலயம் கருணாலயம்
    நமாமி பகவத் பாதம் சங்கரம் லோக சங்கரம்

பெரியவா சரணம் !!

Experiences with Maha Periyava: And He was there with my Amma during the entire duration of the operation!

I live in Kanchipuram now. In my childhood we used to live in Triplicane. I met Him in my childhood with my father in Kanchipuram. I will narrate these two miracles.

In 1975 when I was studying SSLC, my mother had severe stomach ache. We showed her to Dr Lakshmi Kumari who said there was a cancerous tumour in the uterus. We had her admitted in Gosha Hospital and the operation was scheduled. I was the eldest child in our family and had three siblings. The Doctor said that she had only opened and then stitched back the area as the situation was quite grave with the cancer having spread all over the body and said that my mother will pass away before 10.30 in the morning the next day. And asked us to inform all our relatives and friends.

My father wanted to have darshan of Sri Maha Periyava immediately and left for Kanchipuram/Thenambakkam. He met Periyava and told Him how the Doctor had no hopes for my mother and that he would struggle to take care of us four young children without his wife. The Sarveshwaran took an apple in His hand and went into meditation. He put some kumkum (vermillion powder) on the apple and gave it to my father and told him, “Make sure your wife consumes this at the earliest, before 10.30 am tomorrow”.

We rushed back to Madras. Since the Doctor had removed all my mother’s teeth we boiled the apple, added sugar, mashed the pulp and gave the juice to my mother. The doctor came at 10.30 am to check my mother and was stunned to see the progress made by my mother. We just told the Doctor that Periyava had given an apple for her. She remarked, “Only He has saved her life, nothing was in my hands!”

Two days later my mother told us, “On the day of the operation Periyava was sitting cross legged on her chest and asked her,

“Whom do you want, Dr Lakshmi Kumari or Dr Indra Ramaswamy or Me? I know that you will not be satisfied with them and will want only me!” And He was there with my Amma during the entire duration of the operation!

My mother lived for two more years. The problem recurred in 1977. My father went to Kanchi to meet Periyava. Periyava said, “You all say that I had given her life, but that is not correct. It is not in not in My Hands. As a Guru I can only postpone the inevitable. It is only due to the Grace of God that your wife lived for two years!”

My mother wanted the sacred thread ceremony for my brothers to be conducted at the same time my wedding was performed. My father told Periyava that my mother was anxious that my marriage be performed as soon as possible before she passed away. He told him, “You first arrange for the sacred thread ceremony for your sons immediately, I will take care of the marriage of your daughter!”

There was a lady by name Sumathi in Murugan Sangam. She had lot of Bhakthi towards Periyava. During her daughter’s marriage she saw that someone had gifted Sri Maha Periyava’s picture as a wedding present. Since it was meant for the groom’s family and she handed it over to them. Two years passed and she was returning to Madras from Bangalore after visiting her daughter. Periyava came in her dreams in the train and told her, “I wanted to come to your home, but you gave me to the groom’s family! Why did you do that? Take Me from them into your home!”

She was stunned! She did not know how to approach the groom’s family. The next day, Periyava appeared in the dreams of the groom’s family member and told them, “I was with you during the Chaturmaasya period. Now hand me over to them!”

When she reached their home, they told her of Periyava’s instructions to them and duly handed over His picture to her!”

Narrated by Smt Shrimathy Kadambam

Source: MAHA PERIYAVA Public Group/Face Book

3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829