• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

why is corruption so pervasive in India

Few replies/posts were removed as they did not conform to the guidelines. Pls stick to the topic and not get carried away with it.

Applies to all members.

God's Equation

D > P * M squared

D= Divine power
P=Position power
M= Money Power and Muscle power
Gd Morning
There can never be a comparision or equation regarding the Divine power.HE IS THE CREATOR,PROTECTOR AND DESTROYER.
.If science holds good that for every action you have reaction, definitely willbplay a roll in any living beings life ,EXISISTING inthis world,.This will be revealed only if any one deeply analylse any subjec.Definitely there is always be ACTION LEADS TO REACTION AND VICE VERSA.EG
BIRTH AND DEADTH.IF ANY ONE IS EXCEED IN THIER ACTION,WILL BE FACING EQUAL REACTION WHICH DEFINETLY WOULD HAVE PLANED,BY GOD ONLY,AS HE IS ONE WHO HAS THE POWER TO CHANGE THIIS.THIS WILL ALSO APPLICABLE TO CORRUPTION.So when people will be on negative or possitIve side of life, depends upon this man made virus Coruption which has no any specific medicine except with divine grace,may make individuals change towards good and people at large.Also just like the ball thrown at the wall with velocity with which it is thrown at the wall will reach,our action will also recieve the same result.Naturally more people ready to bribe,there will be more to receive,as it is not hard earn money,to simply EASY ONE
when in this country people of A to Z lured by freebees in different forms,occation(irrespective of faith),thrigh very attractive adds(MODERN DAYS MAYA),How can we are going to eradicte the corruption decease.

Last edited:
Gd Morning
There can never be a comparision or equation regarding the Divine power.HE IS THE CREATOR,PROTECTOR AND DESTROYER.
.If science holds good that for every action you have reaction, definitely willbplay a roll in any living beings life ,EXISISTING inthis world,.This will be revealed only if any one deeply analylse any subjec.Definitely there is always be ACTION LEADS TO REACTION AND VICE VERSA.EG
BIRTH AND DEADTH.IF ANY ONE IS EXCEED IN THIER ACTION,WILL BE FACING EQUAL REACTION WHICH DEFINETLY WOULD HAVE PLANED,BY GOD ONLY,AS HE IS ONE WHO HAS THE POWER TO CHANGE THIIS.THIS WILL ALSO APPLICABLE TO CORRUPTION.So when people will be on negative or possitIve side of life, depends upon this man made virus Coruption which has no any specific medicine except with divine grace,may make individuals change towards good and people at large.Also just like the ball thrown at the wall with velocity with which it is thrown at the wall will reach,our action will also recieve the same result.Naturally more people ready to bribe,there will be more to receive,as it is not hard earn money,to simply EASY ONE
when in this country people of A to Z lured by freebees in different forms,occation(irrespective of faith),thrigh very attractive adds(MODERN DAYS MAYA),How can we are going to eradicte the corruption decease.
Eradicating corruption is not easy. The only recourse is to demonstrate that the other side which is the side of goodness is far more attractive and desirable. There is something happening in my life which makes me hopeful about showing how attractive goodness is.

God knows the timing and mechanics and decides when and how to go about it.

Kannadasan and MGR combo sums this up

Irrutinil vazhum ithayangale...

Nallavar ulagam eppadi irrukum enbathai parungal

Eradicating corruption is not easy. The only recourse is to demonstrate that the other side which is the side of goodness is far more attractive and desirable. There is something happening in my life which makes me hopeful about showing how attractive goodness is.

God knows the timing and mechanics and decides when and how to go about it.

Kannadasan and MGR combo sums this up

Irrutinil vazhum ithayangale...

Nallavar ulagam eppadi irrukum enbathai parungal
Nice lines
we are living most poluted in terms of air,food,thought process and of course with plenty of ego that never will be attracted by goodside. so let us hope for thebest to happen with gods ' grace.

Nice lines
we are living most poluted in terms of air,food,thought process and of course with plenty of ego that never will be attracted by goodside. so let us hope for thebest to happen with gods ' grace.
Pollution has gone way too far. It cannot rise further whether it is food, air or thought process. It now can only decline

Nice lines
The attraction of the good has never happened because it has never been seen. Once people see it they will be bowled over. The evil is doing its best to prevent that from happening.

Corruption is pervasive in India due to a variety of reasons. One of the main factors is the presence of a large informal economy, which makes it easier for corrupt practices to go unnoticed. Additionally, there is a lack of transparency and accountability in the government and public institutions, which allows corruption to thrive. Political and bureaucratic corruption is also prevalent, with individuals in positions of power often using their influence for personal gain. Furthermore, poverty and income inequality contribute to corruption, as individuals may resort to bribery and other corrupt practices in order to meet their basic needs. It is important to note that while corruption is a significant issue in India, efforts are being made to combat it through anti-corruption laws and initiatives, but this has little effect.

On my last trip to India, the bank managers (all large and small) are becoming rich. Every one of them is living way beyond their legitimate salary. For any service at the bank or post office even to cash your own check you have to bribe or hire an agent.
The corrupt politicians in India go unpunished even after it becomes true that they have amassed wealth disproportionate to their known sources of income. Bureaucrats also engage in corrupt practices. People get money to cast their votes in elections. Even for municipal elections candidates spend crores of rupees only with the sole aim of somehow getting more than what they spend if elected. Youngsters should desist the freebies and money given during elections and educate the fellow citizens about the evils of getting money and freebies for voting. Peoples Representation Act must be amended so that the people who elected a candidate will have RIGHT TO RECALL THE PERSON WHEN HE IS FOUND CORRUPT OR WHEN HE IS FOUND NON PERFORMING HIS DUTIES.

Good afternoon
It is quite healthy (i hope and feel i am also included) discussion going on so far on this topic.But when refered internet and got the meaning for corruption as
the process of making somebody/something corrupt.
Yes corruption starting from our own home.Parents to children by offering chocklates out of love and affection for performing or preventing a particular act.Like this at different stages do the same but claim ourselves to have performed out of love and affection.when the same goes to society with inherited survival instinct and selfishiness,what you expect from him unless he is somthing exceptional.Next as you refered freebees.Again in a loan on EMI People buy vechicle and various house old things,without reliasing,that the seller without thier knowledge not only bribe us the convenient payingterms but also earn good amount of profit.Ofcourse due to necessity,inabilty to pay at lumpsum, and also out of need based luxury,the action involved in the diguise of EMI Can also be considered as corruption only as for i am concerned.Further
i observe some of the people here are over ambitious with inscrupulus attitude and little or no patience born out ,the so called non exisitant system.All our education more or like eat and vomit type(i mean by heart the substance re produce in the exams, get good marks etc with an exception being CBS SCHOOLS ),where is the test for our students in understanding of of thesubject in the question and the resutant knowledge and its effect in development of maturity of the students to handle all thier affairs properly.They are the furture of every soceity,
So to me coruption not something uncomman that seen on outside ,but very prevelant in commaners' life,in different forms.

Good afternoon
It is quite healthy (i hope and feel i am also included) discussion going on so far on this topic.But when refered internet and got the meaning for corruption as
the process of making somebody/something corrupt.
Yes corruption starting from our own home.Parents to children by offering chocklates out of love and affection for performing or preventing a particular act.Like this at different stages do the same but claim ourselves to have performed out of love and affection.when the same goes to society with inherited survival instinct and selfishiness,what you expect from him unless he is somthing exceptional.Next as you refered freebees.Again in a loan on EMI People buy vechicle and various house old things,without reliasing,that the seller without thier knowledge not only bribe us the convenient payingterms but also earn good amount of profit.Ofcourse due to necessity,inabilty to pay at lumpsum, and also out of need based luxury,the action involved in the diguise of EMI Can also be considered as corruption only as for i am concerned.Further
i observe some of the people here are over ambitious with inscrupulus attitude and little or no patience born out ,the so called non exisitant system.All our education more or like eat and vomit type(i mean by heart the substance re produce in the exams, get good marks etc with an exception being CBS SCHOOLS ),where is the test for our students in understanding of of thesubject in the question and the resutant knowledge and its effect in development of maturity of the students to handle all thier affairs properly.They are the furture of every soceity,
So to me coruption not something uncomman that seen on outside ,but very prevelant in commaners' life,in different forms.
Yes Sir. The idea things can be done otherwise than by merit or logic is sown into us. But it is necessary we not go to the other extreme of merit only as there are many who are environmentally deprived and who are not able to compete on equal terms. There is no caste or similar insinuation here. I am talking about all who are environmentally deprived.

So as always a artificial induced balance is required till the right natural balance is restored.

Blanket reservation is the least desirable of solutions. We have to take the pains of working on case by case basis and do the needful to those who are deprived.

Coming to the main topic, corruption cannot be eliminated till there is threat to lives of those who oppose corruption. At a mental level it can be easily fought and won over by logic. But at a physical level? That is the real challenge.

Good day
All of the points given regarding the coruption so far, seems to be reasinable and logical to me .However to ERADICATING CORUPTION EVEN IN GROSS ROUTE LEVEL DAY BY DAY BECOMING IMPOSSIBLE THE FOLLOWING:-AS GENERATION CHANGES ALONG WITH GROWING DEMAND FOR ALL LUXURIES WHETHER OR NOT REQUIRED,DUE TO FOLLOWING;-
As generation changes ,so to the perception of living,leading the life of individuals changes.More the difference created
BETWEEN
RICHEST AND RICH
RICH AND HIGHER OR UPPER MIDDLE CLASS
MIDDLECLASS AND POOR
POOR AND VERY POOR
VERY POOR AND BELOW POVERTY LINE
Corruption takes different forms in different level in every occations possible.
Incase of RICHEST ,PRESTIEGE OF BEING AT THE HELM OF THE WORLD AND MAINTAIN STATUS.IN CASE OF RICH ,OVER AMBITIOUS TO BECOME RICHEST.LIKE THIS HIGHER OR UPPER MIDDLECLASS WANTS TO BECOME RICH ETC ETC.COMING TO MIDDLECLASS THE PROBLEM OF IMPOSSIBLITY OF GOING HIGHER OR LOWER DUE TO THIER HONESTY,STRAIGHT FORWARD OR FEAR OF THIER SELF RESPECT BEING PUT TO SHAME IN THE SO CALLED SOCITY.AS FOR POOR ,VERY POOR,BELOW POVERTY(THERE IS ONLY VERY VERY THIN MARGIN , IN THESE CATOGORY WHERE DAY TO DAY HAVE OR HAVE NOT FOR SURVIVAL ITSELF,DECIDES THIS.)SURVIVAL ITSELF IS BIG ACHIEVEMENT ON EVERY DAY.,Actually the most suffering apart from poor is middle class ,because these are the two catogory mostly exploited by higher classes above them..Baring few how many Indian employees are getting or earning proportion to thier hard work,particulararly,in todays' senario of ever raising cost of living?How many companies or firms in India are following all the rules and norms of Govt.So when you have so many variances exisisting between the have and have not,how coruption could be eradicated.After all as One live in this world have to survive with or without all comforts,needs and necessities,among others.Naturally,selfishness will become the prioeity to survive.Hence unless we have
an education syatem capable of making people with clear thought,morality,sense of accountability responsiblity and humane towards thier co exisisting population,The act corruption is going to live longer than w we expect.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back