• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who Will Save Hinduism

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I started the thread, I expected that we too can arrive at the same result. We were caught up in the twists and turns. We have sold our future to politicians, even our guru's are beholden to them. Most of the so called "guru"s are purely peddling their ware for highest bidders to fill up their coffers.

Most if the Asrams are built on Government land legally or illegally. So they are beholden to the politicians.

Forgot to mention Ravi Sankar who is impacting the world with his sudharshan kriya. people of all religions are now his disciples.

yoga, which is inseparable from Hinduism is what the whole world is looking unto for an elixir with allopathy losing credibility.

jk and ugk still live in the drawing rooms of millions of the elite through study centres after their names.

Rajneesh will live for some more centuries at least.

no other country but india has contributed so many godmen and godwomen to the world.

their books, their ashrams seem to remain till eternity besides their teachings, lectures etc in the form of dvds and cds.

it is not hindus who need to panic but people of other religions, as to who will save their religion.

When I started the thread, I expected that we too can arrive at the same result. We were caught up in the twists and turns. We have sold our future to politicians, even our guru's are beholden to them. Most of the so called "guru"s are purely peddling their ware for highest bidders to fill up their coffers.

Most if the Asrams are built on Government land legally or illegally. So they are beholden to the politicians.

no sir

# 68 above by Gnana sunyam ,analyses the topic in a simple/ practical terms. So, this Topic / Hinduism is all pervading & let us leave it to Nature to continue its / evolution / evaluation of Hinduism & realize that we are all tiny creatures , who talk /write our thoughts with the back-ground of acquired knowledge here, on this earth, which causes any number of theories/ counter theories/ inventions all-over the world.

A.Srinivasan( Rishikesan )

thank you sir

Dear Prasad Sir,
Your apprehension that Hinduism badly needs a Xavier is some what true. But I still believe the situation is not that bad. Hinduism always had its ups and downs. If we go by our ancient manuscripts, we will find that when ever there is real threat, Hinduism was able to survive and come out strong in its 5000+ years of history. In the recent past around some 400 years back Moguls and later English ruled our country and did what ever best possible to destroy our culture, places of worships and convert our people. Despite all that odds we still are standing tall and strong. More over the concept of Hinduism is found acceptable by many nations of the east now a days and Hinduism has slowly started developing there. So I think overall the situation is not that bad. As regards to some one saving Hinduism I think it is not possible for any single person to do something. What is required is collective effort which is taking part in several parts of the world although in small groups. In India the religion is badly in the clutches of politics and that is the reason for present condition of our religion. I strongly believe, the time is not far for a change. Lets all keep hoping that to happen, the sooner the better.

Last edited:
Dear Veterans,
I with all humbleness appreciate the views of all who contributed to this. But I would like to mention that humanity is still evolving. Religions are created to help him achieve this .. But unfortunately due to vested interests of some in the society, bad prevailed over good. If you remember what Krishna said during the end of his days, " In Kali yuga, money and lust will be the prime thing.. People will not hesitate to do anything to gratify their sensuous pleasures. Brahmins will not do their duties correctly, they will sing hymns according to the dakhsinas they receive. Everyone will try to do other's work.. instead of minding their own business.. " These are all the effects of kaliyuga. The only way to get salvation from the ill effects of this, is to follow darma to the best possible extent, and do nama sankirtan.. Always bask in singing glory of god.. In this way, only we can surmount the difficulties and achieve the end peacefully.
Thanks for reading this view of mine.
best regards,

If something is universal and eternal, there is no need for any one particular group to save it. People would, by themselves, be aware of its need to be upheld.

Just as how we are learning to conserve natural habitats and wildlife...

There is no need for such universal values/priniples to be labelled under any "isms".

OTOH, if some "unproven" belief based theological practices have to be preserved, then yes, some effort is needed by those who are loyal to it.

Instead of stressing on god,religion, religious scriptures, if we tell about the realities of Atman, its journey, its endless tryst with god or the eternal relationship in every social gathering,its all encomapssing nature,its divine way it can enfold even unknown and feel their suffering as their own and not get caught in a small circle of family,village,town,city,region,religion or of own patriotism and try to understand everything from others perspective and if it is taught,made to imbibe from child hood from our elders whomever it may be, I think some form of refinement can be attained if everybody self realize their own nature.

Instead of stressing on god,religion, religious scriptures, if we tell about the realities of Atman, its journey, its endless tryst with god or the eternal relationship in every social gathering,its all encomapssing nature,its divine way it can enfold even unknown and feel their suffering as their own and not get caught in a small circle of family,village,town,city,region,religion or of own patriotism and try to understand everything from others perspective and if it is taught,made to imbibe from child hood from our elders whomever it may be, I think some form of refinement can be attained if everybody self realize their own nature.

is it possible sir?

If something is universal and eternal, there is no need for any one particular group to save it. People would, by themselves, be aware of its need to be upheld.

Just as how we are learning to conserve natural habitats and wildlife...

There is no need for such universal values/priniples to be labelled under any "isms".

OTOH, if some "unproven" belief based theological practices have to be preserved, then yes, some effort is needed by those who are loyal to it.

I agree with your opinion sir.

but why are we in despair sir? is not our religion universal?

our religion is in peril and is in danger of becoming extinct. don't you think so?

Last edited:
Dear Veterans,......
Religions are created to help him achieve this ..

sir, not clear to help whom achieve what. please clarify sir.

But unfortunately due to vested interests of some ..

sir, please specify what are the interests and with whom it is vested. we need to analyse to resolve the issue. you have brought out a valid point.

If you remember what Krishna said during the end of his days, " In Kali yuga, money and lust will be the prime thing.. People will not hesitate to do anything to gratify their sensuous pleasures. Brahmins will not do their duties correctly, they will sing hymns according to the dakhsinas they receive. Everyone will try to do other's work.. instead of minding their own business.. " These are all the effects of kaliyuga. The only way to get salvation from the ill effects of this, is to follow darma to the best possible extent, and do nama sankirtan.. Always bask in singing glory of god.. In this way, only we can surmount the difficulties and achieve the end peacefully.

please specify the gita reference sir, the chapter and verse number. if possible please quote the verse.

Last edited:
today we are confronted with several questions about Hinduism. we are answerable to all the questions. besides we are wondering how to save Hinduism. it is debatable if any religion needs to be saved. we further need to explore what it means to save Hinduism.

why should we be answerable at all? have you ever felt the need to explain to somebody why you were born, and to justify your existence...?
the common man on the street is not clear about what is Hinduism yet he calls himself hindu. Hinduism is too complicated to explain. furthermore it is all inclusive.
there... you have now given yet another definition - "hinduism is that religion, which is complicated to explain and which, furthermore is all inclusive."

in spite of discussing this subject in numerous threads we have not arrived at a conclusive definition of the term Hinduism.
there is no pressing urgency to arrive at a conclusion. do i detect a sense of urgency here?

don't you think it is pertinent and founders need to be discovered in the context of the above?
no...

Kindly do not address me as sir or anything ...I am a soul that is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If teaching gods,goddess,religion, slokas,sho Astra,moral, Purana is possible. If teaching a bible, Quran and other religious text possible, this is also possible. when there is a will , there is a way. This will avoid many conflicts and debates and it will lead to more peaceful and harmony in the world and avoid many of the bitter conflicts which happened,happening because of our own belief about god and religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back