• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who Will Save Hinduism

Status
Not open for further replies.
TKSji,
I would rather hit-my-head against the wall than listen to these morons speak. They are so dry and dated presentation. Even if they were offering Moksha at the end, I would have committed suicide well before the end of first lecture.

They should take lessons from TED talks, on presentation. Even Deepak Chopra delivers his snake oil better.

TKSji,
I would rather hit-my-head against the wall than listen to these morons speak. They are so dry and dated presentation. Even if they were offering Moksha at the end, I would have committed suicide well before the end of first lecture.

They should take lessons from TED talks, on presentation. Even Deepak Chopra delivers his snake oil better.

Prasad ji,

In most conferences on almost any subjects the speakers tend to be terrible.
If a person has no interest in a subject matter or the research topic it is even more excruciating to listen to the talks.
So in my view, this conference is probably not exceptional in being the worst.

Some politicians tend to have good communications skills.
Most do not.
Even in this forum how often is it possible to find a well written and original post that is compelling to read?

In conferences I have arranged I had always looked for excellent speakers to provide keynote address. This is because most other speakers may not be good speakers.

Where I was asked to provide keynote speeches I found that I was never able to satisfy all.

TED talks focus on broad topics of general interest often by some of the best speakers. Conference speakers cannot be compared to TED talks.

Having said all this, in my view, this conference may be addressing something important for those that care to know.
Due to distortions and bias arising due to one's background, if not purposeful , the westerners who have taken to the trouble to study Hindu Dharma have distorted the understanding over generations. Worse yet, many of academicians in India and other Hindus have been fed incorrect interpretations which they parrot around without doing proper research. The distortions can be harmful to India and Indians in the long run.

Therefore someone engaged in search for truth should be applauded.

The conference objectives may appeal to some people and not for everyone.

Searching for the truth and right interpretations is in line with the effort of 'saving Hinduism' in my view.

Shri Rajiv Malhotra is our best bet against cynics, atheists, communists and western indologists who try to pull our Hindu culture down under some pretext or other!

Even in this forum how often is it possible to find a well written and original post that is compelling to read?

Arey yaar...how true...so hard to find well written post na?

Sometimes I cant even stand my own posts..but I feel better after reading your posts cos sometimes the logic in it is like Kah Puspha(Flowers in the Sky).

Actually na...all posts are worth reading..even nonsense is entertaining...if everything is too perfect and too logical the world would be a boring place...like watching some art movie with no item number.

All search for truth is nothing yaar..why toh keep searching forever and forever?

We humans feel we need to even save Hinduism when we cant even save ourselves from our own mind.

How sad..

Last edited:
Arey yaar...how true...so hard to find well written post na?

Sometimes I cant even stand my own posts..but I feel better after reading your posts cos sometimes the logic in it is like Kah Puspha(Flowers in the Sky).

Actually na...all posts are worth reading..even nonsense is entertaining...if everything is too perfect and too logical the world would be a boring place...like watching some art movie with no item number.

All search for truth is nothing yaar..why toh keep searching forever and forever?

We humans feel we need to even save Hinduism when we cant even save ourselves from our own mind.

How sad..

yes madam

Shri Rajiv Malhotra is our best bet against cynics, atheists, communists and western indologists who try to pull our Hindu culture down under some pretext or other!

Having met him couple of times after his speeches some years ago my view is that he is sincere and takes an approach of research to deal with opponents of Hindu Dharma. He became very wealthy in his late 40s and has been using his funds to go after misinformation that is actually hurting India , Indians and people of Indian origin.

Hindu temples are a commercial lot nowadays. Special entrance tickets selling like hot cakes. People want to have darshan in very minimal time. 90% are coming to temple without bakthi. Like going for a picnic they are coming and going. The archakas are not also well upto the mark. Further the purohits are charging a lot which is pure commercial and not upto he mark. Where the Hinduism will grow.?We have to correct ourselves first. People ar not educating slokas to their children. Down the years the slokas will be forgotten completely. Basically right from the school, children should be taught abt Hindu Gods, Hindu warriors and how Hindiusm came into existence. The middle age should know about hindu scriptures and share the knowledge.

Dear Sir,

I will answer your question.

Yes I started that thread..I still keep it alive.

But what I write now is what I am now.

I started off by adhering to reading books mainly..I was never into ritualistic method of praying.

Sathya Sai Baba's teachings appealed to me cos it seemed very easy to grasp and discourses too were very informative.

But at the same time over the years I have come to feel that Religion has caused a lot of conflict to human thinking and true human nature is present in us and we do not need to have Religion as a mirror to see our own reflection.

That is when a few years ago I shut my house pooja room...a drastic step that shocked everyone at home.

I gave up image worship...I preferred not to limit God to an image..my husband got scared thinking I am becoming a Muslim!LOL

No...I am still a Hindu by birth.

Then even the concept of an external or Internal God started to slip away from my mind and I preferred to explore not having to pray at all.

The transition was stressful cos once we are used to prayer and we wean of it..it aint easy.

One can feel lost and confused..survived all that.

Then personally I started to feel that a human is endowed with true nature that means no harm to self and others and I frankly felt as long as I dabbled with religion I would have not known this fact that cos Religion makes us believe that we can only become good and realize the nature of the Atma if we adhere to prescribed rules.

I got away from prescribed rules...I am still the same person...I tested myself...Can I be the same person sans religion?

Answer Yes..I am still the same and I may add..I have become bolder and more outspoken.

But the reason I maintain the Sai thread is becos it can prove beneficial to others.

Many a times I had thought should I ask Moderator to shut it down?

Then a thought comes to me "Let it be..it could help others"

After all even a blind man can still hold a lamp for others.

Sorry for the long story..I had no choice but to reply you in detail..otherwise you might mistake me for being Bipolar or a Hypocrite!LOL

BTW..My debates for my different view on Religion are mainly in GD.

I never debate about religious practices in other sections of forum.

In fact I still contribute where I can cos I do read a few shlokas of Sanskrit Valmiki Ramayan daily..and read other Sanskrit text daily even though my thinking has changed.

I view everything as knowledge..I do not give it a religious tag.

Dear Renuka Madam,

Read twice and did not fully make sense!
Thanks for the long answer.

Still, you think Sai's discourses are like a lamp. Is he like God to you (though you do not do rituals)? Of so many religious leaders and their writings you have chosen this one to maintain over 5 years. Is that not a ritual done almost every day?
There are many controversies about him and that does not bother you (without getting into details)?

Thanks

Dear Renuka Madam,

Still, you think Sai's discourses are like a lamp. Is he like God to you (though you do not do rituals)? Of so many religious leaders and their writings you have chosen this one to maintain over 5 years. Is that not a ritual done almost every day?
There are many controversies about him and that does not bother you (without getting into details)?

Thanks

Sir,

We decided that as a policy we will not discuss any controversies about religious leaders..Let us pass this

Dear Renuka Madam,

Thanks

Dear Sir,

I feel my post was very detail and it made sense at least to me!LOL

Well...Daily I Copy & Paste in Sai Thread...it can be considered a ritual just like I wake up daily at 5 am and work out/yoga etc for 1 hour..that too is a ritual.

So Yes..it can be considered a ritual where I have to Right Click Copy & Paste.

Controversies are there for any being that walks this earth.

No one is immune from praise and blame including Avatars that walked this earth.

Why should any of these bother me?

I read books of many religious personalities...but Sathya Sai Baba's discourses are neutral..less orthodox,revolutionizing in a way and not gender biased.

I feel I have addressed almost every aspect of your question.

My apologies if it might not seem lucid enough.

Originally Posted by a-TB
A long commentary you have delivered. Outpoured the happened. Puranas are presented in simple way by many authors. Please read that. Do not quote from Satya Sai. He is a human being. Read the incarnations of Mahavishnu and of course Shirdi Sai. You will open the puja room again.

Originally Posted by a-TB
A long commentary you have delivered. Outpoured the happened. Puranas are presented in simple way by many authors. Please read that. Do not quote from Satya Sai. He is a human being. Read the incarnations of Mahavishnu and of course Shirdi Sai. You will open the puja room again.

How come this was not in a-TBs reply?

I didnt see this reply to me?

Anyway...I have no idea where you got this reply from..that fact is if one chooses to close a Pooja room that is becos one prefers not to confine God to images in a room and forget God the moment one steps out of the Pooja room.
The whole world is a Pooja room.
God is All Pervading..that is the meaning of Vishnu.

This puja room concept - some have fixation regarding that. The flats my children bought did not have any. My sambandhi had sleepless nights worrying about it.

One flat had to be altered to accomodate placing of Gods in a make shift almirah.[ worse than jail].

I agree God should not be RI ed in pooja room in kitchen or elsewhere.

I would keep a puja room for the following reasons:

1. It will be a scaled down representation of a temple and a temple has an exalted place in my esteem.

2. I would prefer to have the pooja room or even a small pooja enclosure in a quiet nook of my house so that the disturbances are minimum. When I do puja I do not want distractions.

3. Considering that puja room is the place where I try to have a dialogue with the God entity, I would like to keep it away from a toilet or a bed room.

I do not consider the puja room as a place where the God comes and lives and so I do not worry about his sweating it out sitting there or finding restless being confined to that enclosure.

Hinduism will not get saved by elite brahmins praying in isolation in remote corners of the country.

The rate at which hindus are multiplying in numbers,and their migration all over the world,hindus will fight with chinese with overwhelming presence.

They mixing up with others will damage all abrahamic religions.

Even chinas population will level of by 2030 due to population control but hindus have no such restriction.

So world will be full of hindus of various types-orthodox, liberal,westernised, inter mixed . They will absorb others into their fold.

They are the threat for humanity.

So world will be full of hindus of various types-orthodox, liberal,westernised, inter mixed . They will absorb others into their fold.

Great prediction of a naysayer.LOL

And IMO such predictions are the real threat to the entire humanity.LOL

Lord Narasimha dwells in all hearts. So that is the best Puja room. No almirah wooden partitions and all.

They mixing up with others will damage all abrahamic religions.

Christianity is almost dead confined only to xmas, GF and Easter celebs. one small group among them, the pentecostals are desperately trying to keep it alive. even they are divided into numerous sub-groups battling among themselves over petty matters. islamists are killing each other. Judaism does not seem to exist. so does not require efforts from hindus who only need to relax and watch.

looks like pipedream. will it become true!!

in that case is it not humanity that needs to be saved?

honorable a-TB sir (or madam, Im not sure) has quoted about Puttaparthi SSB, "..he is a human being". for that matter every hindu leader indeed is and was. they live for some time and die when their time comes leaving their followers/bakthas in the lurch.

always some Godman or Godwoman emerges from nowhere, becomes swamiyar or swamiji or baba, wins mass following, builds ashram or massive structure, establishes an institution to glorify them for a season until the next one takes over the mantle. this has been happening as an endless chain over centuries in our land.

some like PSSB grow up to a macro level, and many remain in micro level. a good number remain in intermediate level.

we still have siva sankar baba who, is growing to a macro level filling the void left by PSSB. he may out-glorify PSSB at the current pace, with all ex-PSSB bakthas turning to him for spiritual advice and guidance.

there is anandmurthi gurumaa who currently has largest following in India, with negligible competition, creating waves in north india with mass following and has an ashram spread over acres of land in sonepat, Haryana. north Indians have labeled her incarnation of Buddha.

some like kutti samiyar create a sensation for a while and disappear into oblivion.

there is amrutaanandamayi, bangaru adigalaar and the list is too long to be contained in this post.

if this is what Hinduism is, it will somehow survive and none need to despair to try saving it.

"yadhaa yadhaa hi dharmasya glanir bhavathi bharatha abhyuktha nam adharmasya tataatmaartam srujam yaham.....sambhavami yuge yuge"

Last edited:
# 68 above by Gnana sunyam ,analyses the topic in a simple/ practical terms. So, this Topic / Hinduism is all pervading & let us leave it to Nature to continue its / evolution / evaluation of Hinduism & realize that we are all tiny creatures , who talk /write our thoughts with the back-ground of acquired knowledge here, on this earth, which causes any number of theories/ counter theories/ inventions all-over the world.

A.Srinivasan( Rishikesan )

The good news is, India has retained its ability to produce extremely high level ‘God realized’ Gurus consistently over the centuries. The best way to find them is to follow the guru shishya parampara line.

The sad news is the number of Indian disciples in this fraternity is falling dramatically. Extremely deep Hindu Vedic knowledge and practice, with the ability and dedication to achieve this is increasingly being taken up by westerners.

I am amazed that guru after guru that I visit, I see in the set of ‘long term disciples’ a lot of westerners. One has to admire them for coming from lands afar and adopting our philosophies with more zeal than we do.

Whether its my Siberian MBA friend, who does Homas and Yagnas in pure Sanskrit and lives in Shringeri matha as a pandit (wearing janiwaras and dhotis to boot), a French aghori sadhu who has been operating the largest garment business in Tamil Nadu with 60,000 employees and spends 3 weeks in a mountain meditating naked (as agohris do), one week in business. American sadhus walk around with Babaji the oldest sadhu in the Himalayas. My Japanese friend who has now spent about 6 years doing kriya yoga from the Himalayas to Orissa to Srilanka, my Serb American friend who has started a range of yoga wear with Sai Babas blessings, to the founder of Hard Rock café worldwide who has given up everything to sit next to Sai Baba in Puttaparthy. The list of foreigners who have attained and plan to attain serious levels of sanyas in India is growing.

While Hinduism is going international in the right way, it has become a mess in India.
http://www.esamskriti.com/essay-chapters/Who-will-save-Hinduism-1.aspx

Last edited:
Hinduism as a religion. Is when you get involved in a lot of rituals? This is where the great Indian circus starts.

It usually is practiced by Indians who have not read the scriptures (99.5% of Indians have not read the Vedas or Upanishads). We are the only race in the world who does not read our religious books. A majority of Christians and Muslims have read their holy books. Only Hindus don’t read their book. The guidance is usually provided by temple pundits who recite most slokas by rote. Most have a near zero understanding of the bigger picture of Hinduism. Their knowledge is limited to understanding a few slokas and being able to perform some rituals. Or in some cases, talented individuals who have picked up some knowledge on the run, without spending a lot of time reading the books and having a real guru interpret the real meaning for them.

By definition a person who chooses to be religious, need not know the deeper meaning of religion. The issue that I am highlighting is, there is nothing wrong in following a religion without understanding its deeper meaning. It is called bhakti yoga (devotion to god). Religion was designed by our learned ancestors to give simple folks who cannot understand the transcending meaning of its deeper philosophy. It’s like a military SOP manual. ‘Follow these rules of living and you will be fine’ leave the deeper meanings of your actions to a point in time when you have the depth of wisdom to understand its implications. This happens on its own and is ordained by the universe automatically when you are ready.

But there is a catch. Its ok to follow your religion blindly as long as you are doing it exactly the way prescribed in the Vedas and Upanishads, as the wise ancients prescribed you should. If you follow the wrong practices, it’s totally pointless.

The Hindu word for religion is Dharma. The word Dharma comes from the root word ‘dhar’ which in Sanskrit means to give shape to something to be able to perceive it, or to understand it. Dharma was invented for us average ‘low aware individuals’ to follow a safe path through a minefield without making mistakes. The English word for the same is ‘religion’ i.e to do something religiously over and over again without having to think.. Unfortunately in Hinduism, the practice today has no resemblance to the rules prescribed by our ancestors in the holy books. And therein lies the futility of our actions.
http://www.esamskriti.com/essay-chapters/Who-will-save-Hinduism-1.aspx

Notwithstanding the differences in guna and karma of different individuals, Vedas treat the entire humanity with the same respect and do not sanction any birth-based caste system.

If the interpretation of caste in Bhagwad Gita as related by Krishna is yet not yet clear to some of us. Here is Madhwacharaya the founder of the Dwaita Madhwa bhramins

Madhwacharya’s interpretation of Chapter 4 verse 13 Bhagwad Gita

Lord Krishna is the origin of the four classifications in Vedic culture as spoken here. Those of sattva guna or the mode of goodness are designated as Brahmins or priestly class. Those of mixed sattva guna and rajas guna or the mode of passion are known as ksatriyas or warrior class. Those mixed with rajas guna and tama guna or the mode of ignorance are the vaisyas or mercantile class and those in tama guna are the sudras or service class.
Guru Madhwacharya is clear in his description. It’s YOUR aptitude, YOUR attitude and YOUR actions in this life that determine your cast. If you do business, like I do, you are a vaishya, If you are a monk you become a brahmin irrespective of your birth circumstances. . If you are in the military, you are a kshatriya. If you spend your time doing nothing or perhaps you are involved in administrative functions in society, or as a way of living, you are a Sudra.

If the point is yet not clear, let me go on………

Rig Veda mantra 10-13-1 addresses the entire humanity as my divine children. Shrunvantu vishve amrutsya putraha

Mantra 5-60-5 in Rig Veda, the divine poet declares, “All men are brothers; no one is big, no one is small. All are equal.”

In any society, for the safety and prosperity of society 4 basic functions are performed. Those who are the knowledge keepers are the brahmins. Those who defend the society are the kshatriyas, those who bring it prosperity by generating money are vaishyas, The ones who maintain day to day administrative functions are sudras. Since every role is equally important in the maintenance of a healthy society, everyone is treated equally in a Vedic society. . People can at any time of their choosing switch cast. For e.g. Parsurama choosing to become a Kshatriya after being born a brahmin.

Mantra 16.15 in Yajur Veda reiterates that all men are brothers; no one is superior or inferior.

Mantra 10-191-2 in Rig Veda calls upon humanity to be united to have a common speech and a common mind.

Mantra 3-30-6 in Atharva Veda commands humankind to dine together, and be as firmly united as the spokes attached to the hub of a chariot wheel.

I wonder when was it cooked up that sudras should not enter others kitchens (no puns intended) or enter temples.

All over the scriptures it’s written repeatedly that it’s a sin to discriminate. YOUR caste is based on YOUR actions. Your birth and family means nothing.

Shloka (6) of Chapter 2 in Manu Smriti, “Veda is the foundation of the entire Hindu Dharma.” Shloka numbered 2(13) of Manu Smriti specifies that whenever Shruti (Vedas) and Smritis differ, Vedas will prevail over smritis. In view of this position, anything discriminatory in Manu Smriti or anywhere else is Anti-Veda, and therefore, is not sanctioned by Hinduism and has subsequently been inserted with unholy intentions, and deserves to be weeded out.

This paragraph above was written for those who quote lower scriptures as superior to the Vedas to justify their own vested interests. Manu was pre-empting them.

Manu Smriti X: 65

As the son of a Sudra can attain the rank of a Brahmin, the son of Brahmin can attain rank of a sudra. Even so with him who is born of a Vaishya or a Kshatriya.

The verse above is a clear sanction for vocational caste system as against the hereditary caste system. Vasistha the guru of Rama was born a sudra but was treated as a brahmin as he lived the life of a monk and a guru.

Paramahansa Yogananda also opposed what he called to the un-Vedic caste system as we know it today. He taught that the caste system originated in a higher age, but became degraded through ignorance and self-interest. Yogananda said:

"These were (originally) symbolic designations of the stages of spiritual refinement. They were not intended as social categories. And they were not intended to be hereditary. Things changed as the yugas [cycles of time] descended toward mental darkness. People in the higher castes wanted to make sure their children were accepted as members of their own caste. Thus, ego-identification caused them to freeze the ancient classifications into what is called the ‘caste system.’ Such was not the original intention. In obvious fact, however, the offspring of a Brahmin may be a Sudra by nature. And a peasant, sometimes, is a real saint.”- Conversations with Yogananda, Crystal Clarity Publishers, 2003.

It is astounding that in spite of such an avalanche of clear instructions in all Hindu Holy Scriptures and repeated reminders by gurus the caste system is allowed to continue by vested interests. Nearly 95% of Hindus are not aware of this consistent clear message being transmitted by all genuine Hindu religious sources. This is literal proof of our absolute ignorance of the scriptures.

Here are some more interesting highlights on the issue of caste. It is a fact that more than 70 per cent of the ancient Hindu Rishis, or enlightened masters of India, belonged to the lower castes.

Valmiki who was a low cast robber became the first man to record a sloka in sanskirta and then he went on to write the Ramayana. Vyasa the author of the Mahabarata was the son of Satyawati, the daughter of a fisherman and a wandering sage Parashara, Narda the great saint, was the son of a maid servant of a group of bhramans in a ashrama .Krishna was a Yadav (cowherd). Drona was a Kshatriya. Buddha was a Kshatriya. Vasistha the guru of Rama was born a sudhra. Vishwamitra the author of the mandala in the Rig Veda was a Kshytria who tried to steal the cow Kamadhenu and Nandi from the asrama of Vasistha.

So why are we still hanging on to something that is being repeatedly mentioned as wrong over and over again?
…………………..It’s our obstinacy touched by our ignorance.

http://www.esamskriti.com/essay-chapters/Who-will-save-Hinduism-2.aspx

Attempts by various gurus and Vishnu to reform Hinduism

As time passed, the Hinduism descended into ignorance and darkness. The demise started when it was proclaimed Sanskrit was holy language fit only for the higher caste to learn and recite. . Access to the language and therefore the ability to read the Holy Scriptures was truncated for lower casts.

All meaning left the practice of Hinduism around this time. People did what they were told without understanding why they were doing it. Blind and costly rituals took the place of meaningful knowledge based practices. The guides exploited the masses. Temples became rich. The rich could perform a lot of ceremonies and therefore retained purity. The poor, who could not afford rich rituals, were slowly relegated to second class citizens. The gap between the pure and impure widened. It was a catch 22. Power brings money, and with it comes the desire to hang on to your power quotient. Laws were quietly altered through reinterpretations. How could you argue if you could not read the original texts? If indeed you could read the texts, you had a free run on manipulating illiterate masses.

During the dark ages of Hinduism several highly realized gurus were born. Understanding the nature of the rot, they did attempt to set it right.

Buddha born a Hindu Ksatriya and the 9th Avatar of lord Vishnu., as proclaimed by our own Hindu Puranas in the chapter covering the 10 avatars of Vishnu, ……..was also reclassified and pushed out as the founder of a new faith called Buddhism……….. .

Although, at no point did Buddha claim to have any intention of wanting to start a new religion. He was just summarizing the core essence of the Upanishads and the Vedas in a simplified form for everyone to understand. When you look at the Buddhist community today, only two words come to mind ‘PEACE’ ‘TRANQUILITY’.

Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: It transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural and spritual; and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity. -Albert Einstein

Mahavira a Hindu who came up with a similar thought was quickly pushed out of the Hindu mainstream, His fault was, he too tried to simplify Hinduism for the masses, where purity of thought and action, was more important than complicated rituals. Mahavira created the Jain community that is the richest community in India that is also renowned for adhering to the path of non violence.

Guru Nanak a wise pragmatic ‘god realized’ Hindu never claimed any attempt to form a new religion. He was quickly reclassified as the founder of the Sikh religion. Although the word Sikh panth (sect) is attached to Sikhism, it for all purposes operates as a separate religion. (starting much later, after the 10th guru). Guru Nanak when he stated complicated rituals were of no consequence started to pose a threat to some mainstream Hindus earnings. Today the great and wise Guru Nanak and Guru Govind Singh has created the Sikh community that is today one of the most hard working and prosperous communities in India.

The common thread in all these God realized Gurus and the last avatar of Vishnu himself was that they all preached that complicated rituals have no meaning. This certainly meant the loss of a meal ticket for many people who wanted to hold on to their status quo.

The power of these vested interests is indeed incredible. To be able to push so many gurus and the last avatar of Vishnu itself out of the realm of Hinduism calls for incredible mental agility.

Is it their amazing ability? Or is it our own stupidity? Or a combination of both?

Divisions between Vaishavits, Shaivaits and non existent Brahmanites

According to Vedas, the ultimate is defined as Paramatman. He is the ultimate omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent god, when we attain Moksha; we merge back into this universal spirit. All advaita, vishiswadvaitha and dwaita philosophy acknowledge that there are only two states of existence, the sentient beings (us) and the insentient (Parmatman or god).

These are the only two states that exist in the entire universe apart from inanimate matter.

So who then are Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma?

They are just three aspects of the one supreme unified field called the Paramatman. They represent the 3 dynamic states of all matter i.e. creation, life (preservation) and destruction. All three states have to coexist with each other in dynamic equilibrium. Its only when all three exist in dynamic equilibrium is there harmony in the universe.

Their respective consorts represent the yin and yang within the three aspects of the same energy. Brahma who is the creator has Sarawaswati as his wife, who represents knowledge required for creation. Vishnu who is the preserver has Lakshmi as his wife who represents prosperity required for preservation of life. There is Shiva the destroyer who is assisted by Parvati Devi his wife who in her militant form destroys evil or ignorance.

If you understand the states of energy in this manner, you would understand it is indeed foolish to choose between them. Put together represent dynamic equilibrium and harmony of matter and energy within the universe.

It is elementary high school physics written 6000 years ago and personified in human like shapes for ordinary folks to focus their mind. It is difficult to tell a carpenter of a farmer to focus on so and so aspect of creative energy in a dynamic state. It was easy to give this energy a name and a familiar shape. That is how the gods came to be born. Gods are not individuals; they are just specific energies of that one supreme.

Matter is neither created nor destroyed. It changes from one state to another. For matter to be born, something has to die for this energy to be transmuted. Once it’s born, it has a life span with properties attached to it. But then it has to die finally after a period of existence, to be reborn again in another form or shape

It’s because Vishnu is identified as the preserver of the universe, its only he who tasked with the preservation of humanity, takes the ten births to preserve the world as per Hindu scriptures. . Buddha the last acknowledged visitation on earth by Vishnu has ironically been bundled off and classified as a non Hindu by vested interests.

Put in a simple way, it’s so incredible that we disrespect our own gods and holy books and clutch to ignorance and misery based on a few words of manipulative individuals.

Today in India, there is a Shiva band of followers who state their god is supreme. There is the Vishnu band of followers who state their god is supreme. Then there is poor Brahma who according to some old fable did something wrong, so no one votes for him anymore, or subscribes to his political party. It sounds a bit funny when put this way, but this is the essence of religious division within Hinduism.

Instead of seeing a complete composite picture of our religion, we have given each god a political party like quality and each party follower think it’s a virtue not to look at the leader of the other political party. Some of these political leaders like Brahma have been black listed. We humans have passed judgment against a god called Brahma, the creator of our entire universe!!!!!

So you now we start to see a picture of Hinduism being divided into vertical silos. Then horizontal layers overlapping the silos. Each one of us has been pushed into a hole. We have to spend the rest of our lives within this hole.

The funny part is this entire construct of Hindu faith is that it bears no resemblance to our holy books. When our gurus and our gods are born and come down to give us the right orientation. We blow the whistle on them and ask them to get off the football field.
http://www.esamskriti.com/essay-chapters/Who-will-save-Hinduism-3.aspx

That is why I ask the question, Who will save Hinduism?

We kicked some of our gurus out; we kicked some of our gods out So who are we depending on now?
Right now its Politicians ……of all colors. Who are into every sort of crime? They we believe ………….will save Hinduism.

Lots are voting for them, to the sounds of mantras sung to the tune of Bollywood musicals

Oh help us god. I mean mantriji.

Or the guy with the hand phone slung around his neck telling you to pay up so much to do some rituals for the soul to cross the umpteen gates on the way to heaven. Tough luck if you family can’t afford it, your soul does not get to pass those gates, and may perhaps end up in hell. So ask the priest, hey whats with the karma of the individual? How come it does not matter anymore on the way to heaven?

Sounds funny? Think about it, isn’t this exactly what is happening today?

The point of this article is not to paint a dooms day picture. There is a way out of this mess.

Obviously the top down approach has not worked in Hinduism. Many gurus and even the 9th avatar of Vishnu and Brahma have been side tracked.

Perhaps the bottom up approach may work.

It’s simple. Here is how you can do your bit to save Hinduism.

Get out of your house, Go to the nearest book shop, enough literature on the Vedas and Upanishads is available. …………..yupieee written in English too.

It’s written in the Vedas, Knowledge brings wisdom. Wisdom gives us the ability to choose between right and wrong. Choosing the right path, takes us down the path of freedom and Moksha.

The first step however is to acquire Knowledge. If you have doubts, ask a self realized Guru the deeper meaning of what you read.

So start reading, and start to do your own thinking. This may perhaps the only way to bring back Hinduism where it’s supposed to be.

OM TAMASO MA JYOTIR GAMAY
(O lord of the three universes, deliver us from ignorance to knowledge)

The author is Sanjayrao1010. In search of the ultimate truth beyond concepts and notions, in that silence, after 20 years in soulless corporate board rooms.

http://www.esamskriti.com/essay-chapters/Who-will-save-Hinduism-3.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back