• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Songs..... Beautiful TAMIL songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sowbagyavathy Valli, Greetings.

Sorry to say Dear Raghy, but 'Bad Luck'
frown.png
- I actually liked that song!! As you rightly guessed I have not heard of it before and this was the first time I listened to it!

I kept smiling while listening to the whole song trying to imagine your enactment
smile.png
Oh, wouldn't I love to see you enact for that song!!

So, you enede up liking that 'En Thambi' theru koothu.....What can I say?!...

I used to sing that song.. but nobody believed me; never took me seriously. Then one day, my brother brought an old graphide record disc to be used as medicine against scorpion stings ( pasty graphide applied at the sting site would draw some of the cogulated poison). The song was the therukoothu! After getting that record, sometimes, I didn't have to sing... the song was played.

About the enaction.. my sister's daughter's would be holding a நாலு முழம் வேஷ்டிand I would be behind the screen with my சீர்மானம்s... I just play the role to the best of my mood!... No பின் பாட்டு for me though. I had to sing everything.

if you have not seen one, here is a therukoothu....

YouTube - ‪Thanga Jariga Selai - Savithri & Sivaji Ganesan - Navarathri‬‏

It also made me remember how I used to sing and enact for songs during my high school and uni days the most popular one being 'அடுத்தாத்து அம்புஜதப் பார்த்தேளா அவ ஆத்துக்காரர்'!

You should enact that song at home during the next week-end! You will win many hearts..

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear friends

Here is one more beautiful song that I like from the film 'வல்லவனுக்கு வல்லவன்' - 'ஓர் ஆயிரம் பார்வையிலே'.

YouTube - ‪Oraayiram Parvayile‬‏

Since I have not seen this film I can't clearly understand whether it is a happy love song or a sad love song!! But all I can say is I just love this song and the lyrics are just timeless :)

Kind regards

This is my alltime favourite song from the movie 'ஆலயமணி' - 'பொன்னை விரும்பும் பூமியிலே என்னை விரும்பும் ஓருயிரே'!

Wonderful lyrics by the great Kannadasan!

YouTube - ‪Ponnai Virumbum.....‬‏

Kind regards

YouTube - ‪kodi asainthathum‬&rlm
!

That is a beautiful song by Kannadasan, sure! Look at the verses 'பெண்மை என்பதால் நாணம் வந்ததா, நாணம் வந்ததால் பெண்மை ஆனதா?', I like them!

I have one more melodious song that I love. It is from the film 'மாயா பஜார்' - 'ஆஹா இன்ப நிலாவினிலே ஓஹோ ஜெகமே ஆடிடுதே'.

Music and Male singer is 'கண்டசாலா வெங்கடேஸ்வர ராவ்' and female singer is P. Leela. Lyrics by T.N. Ramaiah Dass

YouTube - ‪Aha inbani laviliye - Mayabazar - Tamil - GeminiGaneshan,Savitri - Ghantasala,Leela‬‏

Kind regards

From my primary school days, I love this song. If I think of a Tamizh song, I can't go past this song. The lyrics are just too good!..

சந்ததம் மூவாசை சகதியில் உழன்றனை
சமரச சன்மார்க்க நெறிதனை மறந்தனை
அந்தகன் வரும்போது அவனியில் யார் துணை?
ஆதலினால் இன்றே அருமறை பரவிய சரவண பவகுகனை
சிந்தனை செய் மனமே...

YouTube - ‪Sivaji Ganesan - Sinthanai Sei Maname - Ambikapathi‬‏

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear Shri. Raghy

This is one of the songs that I like, really! I also like a few other songs in the film 'Ambikapathi'. I will post them later!

Though I like this song, I really don't know the full lyrics and you have done a good job of posting them above! Sure, it has lot of meaning to it, which I realise now!

I also like one of the songs which comes in the series 'வடிவேலும் மயிலும் துணை'.

Kind regards

Dear Shri. Raghy

This is one of the songs that I like, really! I also like a few other songs in the film 'Ambikapathi'. I will post them later!

Though I like this song, I really don't know the full lyrics and you have done a good job of posting them above! Sure, it has lot of meaning to it, which I realise now!

I also like one of the songs which comes in the series 'வடிவேலும் மயிலும் துணை'.

Kind regards

Here is வடிவேலும் மயிலும் துணை song...

வடிவேலும் மயிலும் துணை- சொல்
வளமார் செந்தமிழால் சந்ததமும் கந்தனைப் பாட
வடிவேலும் மயிலும் துணை.

நடராஜன் அருள்பாலன் நான்மறைத் தொழும் சீலன்
தடமேவும் பொழில் சூழும் தணிகை வாழும் பரமஞான குருபரன்
வடிவேலும் மயிலும் துணை

தமிழ்மாலை தனைச் சூடுவார் - கொன்றைத்
தளிர் மாலை மலர்மாலை ஜெபமாலையுடன் சந்தத்
தமிழ் மாலை தனைச் சூடுவார்.

தாபமிகு வெப்பு வாதமொடு பித்தமான பிணி மொய்த்து உடம்போடு
சாரும் உயிர் துன்ப சாகரம் உழன்று சாதனை இழந்து வருந்தாமுன்
தாளை அளித்திட வேணுமெனத் துதி பாட அருணகிரிநாதன் அழைத்திட
தயவுடன் இசைந்து அருள் மழை பொழிந்து
முத்தைத்திரு பத்தித்திருநகை என
முதலடி உரைத்த தழைத்த கருணையை
நினைந்து நினைந்து கவிமலர் தொடுத்த
தமிழ் மாலைத் தனைச் சூடுவார்...

சற்றே சரிந்த குழலே..... சிற்றின்பப் பாடல் ....

Raaga Jukebox

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear Shri. Raghy

Amazing! You must surely like that song very much and know the words by heart!!

Kind regards

Sowbagyavathy Valli,

This is the song I loved as a kid; as teen-ager; as an adult; as of today. I have heard this song few hundred times. Possibly few more hundred. Never tired of this song.

The lyrics are just above average. Naturally, they were composed by Arunagirinathar. Those were the times, I loved the songs for their lyrics.

Movie - Arunagirinathar.

தண்டையணி வெண்டையங் கிண்கிணி சதங்கையும்
தண்கழல் சிலம்புடன் கொஞ்சவே

தண்டையணி வெண்டையங்கிண்கிணி சதங்கையும்
தண்கழல் சிலம்புடன் கொஞ்சவே - நின்
தந்தையினை முன்பரிந் தின்ப வுரி கொண்டு நன்
சந்தொண மடைந்து நின்றன்பு போல

கண்டுற கடம்புடன் சந்தமகுடங்களும்
கஞ்ச மலர் செங்கையும் சிந்து வேலும்
கண்களு முகங்களும் சந்திர நிறங்களும்
கண்குளிர எந்தன் முன் சந்தியாவோ?

தண்டையணி வெண்டையங்கிண்கிணி சதங்கையும்
தண்கழல் சிலம்புடன் கொஞ்சவே

புண்டரிகரண்டமும் கொண்டபகிரண்டமும்
பொங்கியெழ வெங்களங் கொண்டபோது
பொன்கிரியெனச்சிறந்தெங்கணும் வளர்ந்து முன்
புண்டரிகர் தந்தையும் சிந்தை கூற

புண்டரிகரண்டமும் கொண்டபகிரண்டமும்
பொங்கியெழ வெங்களங் கொண்டபோது
பொன்கிரியெனச்சிறந்தெங்கணும் வளர்ந்து முன்
புண்டரிகர் தந்தையும் சிந்தை கூற

கொண்ட நடனம் பதம் செந்திலிலு டென்றன் முன்
கொஞ்சி நடனங்கொளும் கந்தவேளே
கொங்கை குற மங்கையின் சந்தமனமுண்டிடும்
கும்பமுனி கும்பிடும் தம்பிரானே

Raaga Jukebox

Cheers!

Dear Shri. Raghy

I listened to the song on Raaga, but right now I am not sure whether I like it or not! Maybe I need to listen to it a few more times. But one thing for sure, I can understand the time and effort you took to present the whole song over here in Tamil and I really Appreciate it!!! I think I would also need my 'Tamil Agarathi' to find the meaning of a few words.

Shri. Raghy, as I told you earlier about one Chandrababu song I like - here it is - 'உனக்காக எல்லாம் உனக்காக என் உடலும் உயிரும் ஒட்டியிருப்பது உனக்காக' from the film 'புதையல்'.

‪Unakkaga ellam unakkaga (

I love this song! I sing this song towards my daughter when she gets cross, upset or angry. One of my favourite Chandrababu songs!

Kind regards

I like most Chandra Babu songs. That 'Pudhayal' song, Chandra Babu enacted in the lounge, jumping from sofa to sofa to table etc, still I could remember those scenes!

The song I posted #64 is a திருப்புகழ் song, composed by Arunagirinathar. I could not get the video for that song. I remember Murugan dancing for that song; that's why that song is etched in my mind.

This is the closest I could do.... Kindly watch from 1:14:01 from the following link, please... (I don't think it is சாஸ்திரிய நடனம் ...I don't know any better anyway).

Arunagirinathar Full Movie Video - All Tamil Movie Videos

Anyway, the song I wanted to post in this post is an evergreen Tamizh song. Possibly my grand father's father would have liked it... my grand father, father, myself..... as of today for the past almost 74 years this song is famous!

‪MK Thyagaraja Bhagavathar chintamani rathey unakku kobam‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear Friends

This is another beautiful tamil song that I like - 'ஒருத்தி ஒருவனை நினைத்துவிட்டால் அந்த உறவுக்குப்பெயரென்ன' from the movie 'சாரதா'.

‪ourithi‬‏ - YouTube

Kind regards

If I don't break rules now and again, I can't sleep properly.....

Here is a great (mostly) Tamizh song with lovely lyrics. The dance is just superb!

‪Oru Murai Vanthu From Manichithrathazhu‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers!

Raghy Anna

This is a good song, beautiful agree with it! But did you intend to post it under 'Kuthu songs' thread or here about 'Beautiful TAMIL songs'???

Anyways, it is a good song!

Good night Anna

Kind Regards

Raghy Anna

This is a good song, beautiful agree with it! But did you intend to post it under 'Kuthu songs' thread or here about 'Beautiful TAMIL songs'???

Anyways, it is a good song!

Good night Anna

Kind Regards

Sowbagyavathy Valli,

I posted the 'Manichthrathazhu' song in the intented thread only. That's why I said I was breaking the rules.... உன்னை வம்பிழுக்கும் முயற்சிதான்! When you say you like to get Tamizh songs, I pulled a song from a Malayalam movie!

Just like this song! from the movie 'Vamanapuram Bus Route'

Cheers!

Sowbagyavathy Valli,

I posted the 'Manichthrathazhu' song in the intented thread only. That's why I said I was breaking the rules.... உன்னை வம்பிழுக்கும் முயற்சிதான்! When you say you like to get Tamizh songs, I pulled a song from a Malayalam movie!

Just like this song! from the movie 'Vamanapuram Bus Route'

Cheers!

Oh, I get it now! I was too sleepy yesterday! You know what - the dance in the Malayalam version is the best! Our Jyothika's one is to be watched only for Jyothika's sake :)

The above song you have posted - I love it!

Kind regards

Dear All

Here is one more beautiful Tamil song that I like - 'காற்று வெளியிடைக் கண்ணம்மா நின்றன் காதலை எண்ணி' from the movie 'கப்பலோட்டிய தமிழ

nice song...superb.....OLD IS GOLD...EVERGREEN.....very simple and super perfection.....

It is a Bharathiyar song, voice by PB. Srinivas and P. Susheela

‪Kaatru Veliyidal Kannamma - Kappallotiya Tamizhan - Gemini Ganesan & Savithri‬‏ - YouTube

Kind regards

hi valli,

nice song...superb ....OLD IS GOLD....VERY SIMPLE AND SUPER PERFORMANCE....EVERGREEN....thank u so much.....

regards
tbs

valli,

i think, மாடசாமி கண்ணம்மா, are the unsung lovers of modern tamil lore.

even though they are the creation of subramania bharathiar, i think, they deserve, the adulation and romanticization, as romeo/juliet, laila majnu, heer ranjha, K missus K :), of these and numerous other (in)famous couples of this universe.

in கப்பலோட்டிய தமிழன் movie, they gave a face/character/verse/rhythm to this couple in savitri/gemini ganesan. they could have had mr and mrs valli instead. it would have made no difference, which is sad, for our audiences, i think, are neanderthals, to appreciate love when it happens truly.

we would like celluloid love, with boy running round the tree with the girl, pulling her pallu and gazing at her breasts. but come to the reallity of commitment and facing the society, and our guys chicken out. many of them, and hence the broken tamilgirlshearts strewn around the compounds of stella maris and ethiraj and seethalakshmi ramaswami colleges.

reality takes courage. i do hope, some producer, takes one additional step and completes the story of maadasaami & kannamma.

:)

Sri.Kunjuppu said -

but come to the reallity of commitment and facing the society, and our guys chicken out. many of them, and hence the broken tamilgirlshearts strewn around the compounds of stella maris and ethiraj and seethalakshmi ramaswami colleges.

Sri.Kunjuppu Sir, reality works both ways. There are Tamil boys hearts strewn around around thoose same colleges too due to the girls who got cold feet when push came to shove. I know of few cases in detail.

reality takes courage. i do hope, some producer, takes one additional step and completes the story of maadasaami & kannamma.

Bagyaraj made some differences. Some of his movies are great. But I know what you mean in real life. It takes a lot of courage to stand up and lead the life against psychlogical pressure and oppositions. For those young couples, the initial part of the life usually have many challenges; the youngsters could be pushed to support each other and lead life as 'a blind leading an other'... but, pleasure and happiness only keeps increasing in such lives.

At the other end of the equation, there are parents who support and cherish their children at all stages and at all situations. Most of the children grow up in India know this well. But sadly, children grow up in countries like Australia may not know it. I speak from my personal experiences.

Recently one day, I was talking to my daughter about girl's desires about their future husbands..... I could not help but thought about 'Mundhanai Mudichu' movie at that time... that girl's outrageous steps and her father's support almost all the way!... I asked my daughter to watch that song... buut I don't think she would understand her father's affection even if she watched that movie.

Well, here is that popular song.... ‪Tamil Movie Song - Mundhanai Mudichu - Naan Pudikkum Maappillai Thaan‬‏ - YouTube

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back