• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Re-developing old agraharams - Can Tamilbrahmins.com members do it.

The following is an old thread I found in the general discussion forum archives.

Please read through before going further.

https://www.tamilbrahmins.com/threa...ms-as-retirement-villages-old-age-homes.4704/

Now, as I have written in my own thread My Pursuits 2 ... I am only working 4-5 hours a day. During weekends I am involved with teaching kids from vedapadasalas 10th and 12th subjects so they can write NIOS exams.

But doing the above means that I do not have an earning and I am attracting the ire of my father and relatives for not standing on my own legs financially.

I am now thinking of how to be of service to society and still have some basic income. And the above thread seems to provide a somewhat workable answer in this direction. Now. I am willing to coordinate work on re developing an abandoned agrahaaram so people can come back and live in it. It maybe used as old age homes or full time homes depending on the case with restrictions on resale of the property which implicates that the property should only be resold back to us who created it so the property does not end up falling into the hands of unwanted communities and individuals.

If the tamilbrahmins community can identify an abandoned agrahaaram somewhere in tamilnadu... and is willing to pool money to redevelop it, I can spearhead the entire process for a meagre salary taken from the pooled funds.. ie.. i employ myself as a manager for the implementation of the project and managing the public funds and I will be entirely accountable to the tamilbrahmins.com website. Of course, we can have a trust and trustee to take care of this.. but that proposal might die before it starts given that the above referenced thread does not seem to have reached any logical conclusion.

If we can get a core group of volunteers together first.. we can then identify an agrahaaram.. and slowly estimate the cost of the project to see if it is workable. It may also be the case that we can have the webmasters of tamilbrahmins.com to spearhead this initiative because of agrahaarams being involved. I will not seek monetary renumeration in the initial stages till we have reached a workable solution and we have sufficient funds to complete the project.

I realise that although the project might sound interesting to just about everyone in our forum, the fact that I am asking for a salary to spearhead it might leave a bitter taste in the mouth for some. But I am asking because I too need to find sustenance and cannot keep working for charity for free.

Kindly think and reply if interested.

www,pvkrishnan.com

Latest ads

Back