• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

komanam / kaupeenam panchakacham brahmacharyam

Status
Not open for further replies.
th

Dear Ms.Vishalakshi,

Namaskaram. Sometimes your writings confuses whether you go for komanam or against it ? However, am happy to have a traditional woman as a friend ...with valuable thoughts and your writings are superb !. Thanks. Keep in touch always, Karthik

Dear Renuka,

very nice reply,informative too.. no kidding, no wounding words like the others, I really like the way you replied.
1. Having seen your link, I understood that kaupeenam and komanam are same,it is different from panchakacham.

2. Would like to practice the same.

3. Infact brahmacharyam demands that ?
I heard so, any

4. traditional praciticing friends
available,

5. may i get a link including sandya vandanam and other practices, would love that now a days,

6. fond of wearing komanam.

Once again thankyou for your kind informative reply.

Karthik
I thought I will not butt in here but your post made me butt in after all!

(1) is the greatest discovery after the Theory of Relativity. :clap2:

(2) wearing a trip of cloth tightly between the legs does not need practice and perseverance.

(3) Brahmacharyam demands to stay from females until marriage takes place.

(4) This may need a survey in All India level to find practicing friends.
(practicing what... brahmacharyam or the art of wearing a koupeenam???) :decision:

(5) sandhyavandanam and other practices are taught by the pundit / priest/ vaadhyaar during the upanayanam! Did you get one performed for you?
If not you can't start sandhya vandanam on your own from a link in the Internet. :nono:

(6) God be praised that youngsters are still fond of wearing something - even if it is only a koupeenam! :hail:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kovupeenam if tied tightly will restrict sexual feelings importantly in brhmacharis.(Neethisastram in grantham.)
It is a fact that no one can completely have control over mala mootra visarjanam.that is some leakages which we may not feel.This will not fall on threashold if one wears panchakacham which will hold the droppings.So madisaar and panchakachcham or purely for hygenic reasons only.Nowadays people are wearing pants,pyjama,churidar salwar etc hence these might have been not insisted.

kovupeenam if tied tightly will restrict sexual feelings importantly in brhmacharis.(Neethisastram in grantham.)
It is a fact that no one can completely have control over mala mootra visarjanam.that is some leakages which we may not feel.This will not fall on threashold if one wears panchakacham which will hold the droppings.So madisaar and panchakachcham or purely for hygenic reasons only.Nowadays people are wearing pants,pyjama,churidar salwar etc hence these might have been not insisted.

Dear Wrongan ji,

This is interesting...about tightly worn Koupeenam restricting sexual feelings...well I feel it does have some basis cos even in dysfunctions of the male kind is mainly due to restriction of blood supply becos of narrowed or blocked blood vessels.

So I guess the tight Kaupeenam works on the same principle..less blood supply..less sexual feelings but interestingly and surprisingly a decrease blood supply to the brain in cases of sexual asphyxia where blood supply to brain is restricted (where some individuals tie a ligature to their neck)...there is increase in sexual feelings.

Restrict blood supply to brain = increase in sexual feelings.

So that surely proves that to make sure one does not get an overdose of sexual feelings..one needs to increase blood supply to the brain ... may be that is why all the emphasis on Urdhava Retas to gain Ojas...to shunt the blood supply from the groin to the brain..a sexual bypass.

Dear Wrongan ji,

This is interesting...about tightly worn Koupeenam restricting sexual feelings...well I feel it does have some basis cos even in dysfunctions of the male kind is mainly due to restriction of blood supply becos of narrowed or blocked blood vessels.

So I guess the tight Kaupeenam works on the same principle..less blood supply..less sexual feelings but interestingly and surprisingly a decrease blood supply to the brain in cases of sexual asphyxia where blood supply to brain is restricted (where some individuals tie a ligature to their neck)...there is increase in sexual feelings.

So that surely proves that to make sure one does not get an overdose of sexual feelings..one needs to increase blood supply to the brain ... may be that is why all the emphasis on Urdhava Retas to gain Ojas...to shunt the blood supply from the groin to the brain..a sexual bypass.

Definitely seems to have a basis. When the sexual feelings are strong, the head doesn't work. Probably increase in blood supply to an organ makes it more connected and therefore does its job better.

. When the sexual feelings are strong, the head doesn't work.

Dear Sravna,

This seems to be true for males.

For females this does not really apply cos a female's mind can multitask and even when sexual feelings are strong their mind can still work.

So going by this...wont it be easier for a female to thread the path of renunciation but yet females are not really encouraged to become Sanyasins.

Dear Sravna,

This seems to be true for males.

For females this does not really apply cos a female's mind can multitask and even when sexual feelings are strong their mind can still work.

So going by this...wont it be easier for a female to thread the path of renunciation but yet females are not really encouraged to become Sanyasins.

Dear Renuka,

Being a male or a female are two distinct experiences to the mind. So when you talk of renunciation, it is the experience of the soul that matters. Every soul goes through all the experiences necessary for renunciation is what I think.

Dear Renuka,

Being a male or a female are two distinct experiences to the mind. So when you talk of renunciation, it is the experience of the soul that matters. Every soul goes through all the experiences necessary for renunciation is what I think.

Dear Sravna,

Very well said...perfect.

Dear Renuka,

very nice reply,informative too.. no kidding, no wounding words like the others, I really like the way you replied.
1. Having seen your link, I understood that kaupeenam and komanam are same,it is different from panchakacham.

2. Would like to practice the same.

3. Infact brahmacharyam demands that ?
I heard so, any

4. traditional praciticing friends
available,

5. may i get a link including sandya vandanam and other practices, would love that now a days,

6. fond of wearing komanam.

Once again thankyou for your kind informative reply.

Karthik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In spite of the KomaN and Soman, some rushis,
Brahma and Yama managed to spill their sperms
on the ground producing instant and magnificent sons!
The Vinayaka puraaNam has many such incidents!!! :cool:

Since jeans and chudhidars are better than Soman and madisar

(since these do not have any deceptive and treacherous loop holes)

in containing the unintentional accidental releases from the two organs

can we expect that soman and madisar during the wedding will be replaced

by the all-world-embracing jeans / chudhidars in the near/ distant future ???

Dear Kartik,

.... his MIL says that old cotton sarees cloth is softer.

dear renus,

there is something kinky here, where the MIL shows an acute interest in the comfort of the son in law's privates. i would imagine, such interests be left alone, to the individual concerned and his spouse. and quite outside the domain of interest or influence of the MIL.

using MIL's old saris is even more strange, though i have seen old saris being used by women, during their periods, in days gone by, when india did not have the facilities of sanitary napkins, this is the first time, i am hearing of old saris being used to curtail man's ornaments. there is an eroticism involved with old clothes, for these strongly carry the body flavour and smell, of the person who wore it. to have the MIL odours when being sniffed at one's crown jewels? wow, ...enough said, and let us leave the rest to imagination.

hopefully, you will have a chance to introduce this group to me, sometime. :) :)

Last edited:
Dear Shri Iyya,

Actually, the three strands of the poonal are supposed to represent the iDA, pingaLA and sushumnA nADees, thus giving the wearer a constant reminder to control both his rAjasic and tAmasic natures. The second poonal at the time of marriage is a sort of symbol by which the husband accepts the participation and benefits of all the vaideeki yajnas which he does, to his wife also half-half. The third poonal worn after seemantham (actually it should be worn only after the birth of son) promotes the man to the full stature of a vaideeki brahmin and it is this third poonal which takes the place of "angavastraM" because such a second cloth for the upper half of the torso is a must for performing any vaideeka karma and without that all those karmas go completely waste.
Thanks a ton for the information and clearing my doubt.

Dear Wrongan ji,

Dear Renuka, I have no competence to accept or reject your argument because I am not having so much medical knowledge.But I have quoted what I have read in neethi sastram. scriptures.

Dear Renuka, I have no competence to accept or reject your argument because I am not having so much medical knowledge.But I have quoted what I have read in neethi sastram. scriptures.

Dear Wrongan ji,

I had no idea about Neethi Shastram....but through you I got to learn something.

So that way all of us can learn something from each other.

Thanks for reply

dear renus,

there is something kinky here, where the MIL shows an acute interest in the comfort of the son in law's privates. i would imagine, such interests be left alone, to the individual concerned and his spouse. and quite outside the domain of interest or influence of the MIL.

using MIL's old saris is even more strange, though i have seen old saris being used by women, during their periods, in days gone by, when india did not have the facilities of sanitary napkins, this is the first time, i am hearing of old saris being used to curtail man's ornaments. there is an eroticism involved with old clothes, for these strongly carry the body flavour and smell, of the person who wore it. to have the MIL odours when being sniffed at one's crown jewels? wow, ...enough said, and let us leave the rest to imagination.

hopefully, you will have a chance to introduce this group to me, sometime. :) :)

Dear Kunjs,

Actually last week I had put the link of the Kaupeenam Forum here but I deleted it after 2 mins cos I thought some of the posts there were too explicit!LOL

It was really weird..dont know if its true or not...one guy was claiming he is 22 years old..his wife is 19 years and his MIL is still young and only 30 years old...dont know how this is possible!LOL

How can the age difference between mother and daughter be only 11 years old??

But to my surprise other guys in that forum did not object to anything this guy wrote..one more guy was talking about how Sarvangam before his marriage night did wonders for him etc..so you see that is some weird site!

dear renus,

Grown up sons do not wish their MOTHERS to wash their briefs or even fold the ones washed by them. :nono:

It is really really weird that a mother in law is so much concerned about the private comforts of NOT HER daughter but her son in law. :shocked:

How does it matter to her whether the cloth is soft or stiff / colorful or white / fragrant from her body odors or his.

I smell something terribly wrong after reading about the secrets of women and writing abut the one gun and two shots
t5.gif
in a happy family.

When the age difference between them is so narrow - even going by the data given - it adds to the suspicion rather than clear it.

Most girls get married only ~ 30 now!

Using the old cotton saris for the monthly cycles was a painful affair. We had to wash them free of smell, free of stains and dry them unseen, untouched, un-smelled and unknown to everyone BUT IN THE SUNLIGHT! :faint:

Kowpeenam has the following dictionary meaning:

kaupīna kaupīnam, n. the pudenda; a privity, a privity part; a small piece of cloth worn over the privities by poor persons; a wrong or improper act, sin.

Hence, in spite of Pazhani Andavar or other gods, even our ancient people did not seem to have given any exalted status to this piece of cloth.

It is also a completely bogus to spread the notion that a tight komanam helps in maintaining brahmacharyam; firstly, I have surmised from the chit-chats of older people (in my younger days) that if one wears a tight komanam the moment he removes it there is a sudden rush of blood flow to the genitals and that was one reason why the older generation tabras had ten or even more children!! Secondly, I heard from my family doctor that fools who wear very tight underwears and komanams run the risk of the minute tubes carrying the sperms to the epidydimis get congealed and sometimes painful condition needing surgical interference may become necessary.

The only advantage is that if society accepts it, Komanam can well suit the poorer sections, especially those who have to work manually in the paddy, etc., fields.

I never imagined that I would comment on this thread but...

The "tightness" for the Komanam is probably just indicated to avoid any "loose ends".

Dangling branches, rustling and swaying in the wind, and rubbing against one another, cause friction, you know.

hi
a simple /convenient/ hygiene/ control the bramavharyam.....i used to wear....when i was in veda patashala.....its must clothing

code for vedic students......so i had practical experiences....its very cheap and affordable too....

I never imagined that I would comment on this thread but...

The "tightness" for the Komanam is probably just indicated to avoid any "loose ends".

Dangling branches, rustling and swaying in the wind, and rubbing against one another, cause friction, you know.

Dear Auh Ji,

Never curb your imagination...imagine if you did not choose to comment in this thread...we members would have not got the chance to read your poetic description how a forest fire might start due to friction in the wild!

hi
a simple /convenient/ hygiene/ control the bramavharyam.....i used to wear....when i was in veda patashala.....its must clothing

code for vedic students......so i had practical experiences....its very cheap and affordable too....

Dear TBS garu,

Do you have any pic of your vedapathashala days?LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back