• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does thumbs down on content breed contempt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, as a matter of principle, I never fight verbal dual, since I am aware of my limitations and know that I will not match the viruperative elequence of few members of the forum.

Dear Sir,

You are very polished in your posts...most of us do not match you.

But if you observe closely..one does not need to be eloquent to fight!

One just needs to CHARGE..RUN and FIGHT!LOL

....... My suggestion is start seperate threads for fights so that other threads do not get disturbed..
Dear Ganesh Sir,

Not possible, I think because fight mongers never change! :)
I asked whether
icon13.png
option breeds contempt and see how this thread is developing!! :ranger:

Ganesh Ji,

Similar proposals were initiated earlier also.

But somehow such proposals don't get approved or materialized.

There is no one-to-one here and it is free-for-all.

And the TPG is in full form with full quorum and with able leadership.

And you are the best judge to rate the TPG...!!

Guys admit it...if threads do not get derailed..there would be no forum at all!LOL

Have you guys noticed some threads just never take off?

Why? Cos those threads have no scope for derailment.

So do not complain too much guys...if everyone followed rules..you wanna bet? Forum would be really boring.

Just wait and watch..... there will be more such postings.... for the minds which have developed a tendency to misconstrue anything and everything.

Dear Sir,

Black are my answers

People live in zoo need to love animals than the visitors.

Isn't the whole world a Zoo? God is the Zoo Keeper!

And what one write is nothing but the reflection of one’s own mind.

True...we are monkeys..no doubt about that.

And as for as the YES BOSS postings, the essence lies in its speed.

Urgency and speed exhibited in performing surgery on a chronic patient may be different from an accident victim within the Golden hour.

Both cases stand chances of landing in morgue.

Yes Boss was a nice movie of SRK...loved the songs.

I thought only words of Chanakya got screwed and Renu had to rush to correct it !

Now Bharathiyar is added to the list. What he tried to preach is totally misunderstood! :tsk:

காக்கை சிறகினிலே நந்தலாலா
உந்தன் கருமை நிறம் தாேன்றுதய்யா! - should be correctly understood - not to demean animals and birds like Monkey and காெக்கு! but seek Gods in them!

Forget all this buy yes bank shares now instead of debating yes boss posting and film.

It is productive . You will make money.

Do you know yesbank gives the best savings bank interest rates?

I asked whether
icon13.png

In how many threads you have talked strictly touching the topic........????

life-love-quotes-what-goes-around-comes.jpg

Source:Googleimages

Forget all this buy yes bank shares now instead of debating yes boss posting and film.

Do you know yesbank gives the best savings bank interest rates?[/QUOTE

My second son Asst.VP Yes bank will be here tomorrow for Deepavali and will get his opinion before investing in that bank Thank you for your tips!

Do you know yesbank gives the best savings bank interest rates?

One can go for the marketing of 'YES Bank Shares'.

Yes Bank's opportunism is to blame for failed share sale

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

We can also talk freely about topics on growing rate of divorce, inter-religious marriages, inter-caste marriages,etc LOL

One info . They tried to go for QIP Quality institutional placement for 1billion dollars derailed by our SEBI and this resulted in its withdrawl . So its shares plummeted.

So its shares are at low level . If it goes down further ,you might buy it

Similarly axis bank shares are hitting new lows of 488 . If it goes down further to 460 plus buy it.

காக்கை சிறகினிலே நந்தலாலா
உந்தன் கருமை நிறம் தாேன்றுதய்யா! - should be correctly understood - not to demean animals and birds like Monkey and காெக்கு! but seek Gods in them!

To cool down tempers please listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt9UgG_lLHU

The song written by Bharathi is a masterpiece. The line தீக்குள் விரலை வைத்தால் நந்தலாலா நின்னைத் தீண்டும் இன்பம் தோன்றுதையா நந்தலாலா...... is a piece which is pregnant with high philosophical thought.

And about the song:

The way நந்தலாலா is said and its intonation, everytime throughout the song, is just beautiful beyond words. It is like telling you a sweet secret in your ears. It is as if the southerly wind -தென்றல்- brings a sweet message and kissing your earlobes sings it into your ears in a hush hush tone. The whole song is full of மெல்லினம் and இடையினம் consonants mellifluously mixed and presented. The few வல்லினம் consonants are also presented as short ones thus not adding any jarring noise to the presentation. Over all it is a beautiful joint effort of the lyricist, the music composer and the singing artist that has given us this beautiful piece of art.

எத்தனை கோடி இன்பம் வைத்தாய் இறைவா!!

Last edited:
What is this hype about thums up and thums down!! It is all beyond me.

I am a lone wolf. I bite only when stoned. Otherwise I go about my hunt quietly.

This ups and downs are mere peripherals. Who cares anyway.

Anyone who is unable to control his urge to give a thums down, please go ahead and give it to me. You can even go to an old post of me and give it.

I would request Praveen to provide for people who want to give multiple thums for the same post.

An opportunity to vent. LOL.

Last edited:
Ganesh Ji,

Similar proposals were initiated earlier also.

But somehow such proposals don't get approved or materialized.

There is no one-to-one here and it is free-for-all.

And the TPG is in full form with full quorum and with able leadership.

And you are the best judge to rate the TPG...!!

Dear Ganesh Sir,

Not possible, I think because fight mongers never change! :)
I asked whether
icon13.png

Dear Bala Sir, Raji Mam, and other respected members,

My post may not be misunderstood atall please. In fact I am not against friendly fights. My reservation is only against usage of choicest vocabularies between the members. In fact I was born and braught up in a typical Kerala Agraharam in Cochin, and witnessed many such fights literally almost every evening since most of the oldies used to assemble at the entrance point of agraharam and used to discuss everything under the sun. Now I think it woluld not be out of context to mention here that agraharams of that time ( late 70s and early 80s) were not less than an open university as experts of many fields used to assemble there and give lengthy speaches about their experiences. Of course all those meetings ended with usual arguments and minor fights. You know the TB agraharam corner meetings are famous for " vambu & vettipechu" and those in Kerala were also no different in fact they were a step ahead with " Karela aur Neem chadah"...

........ This ups and downs are mere peripherals. Who cares anyway. .

An opportunity to vent. LOL.
Dear Vaagmi Sir,

You don't seem to care; but your 'thumbs' account shows that you have vented 33 times,

since it is only one
icon13.png
per post! :)

In fact I am a victim of 'Thumbs Down'.

I think I appear to be the top scorer. :)

But, I am least bothered about my score and I don't come here to lament about it.

I know when I stand up against a group/crowd/gang/Gumbal, I will be stoned by adverse comments and my bifitting replies will be marked 'Thumbs down'

I am well prepared for this.

And the member who lament about thumbs down cannot be said that she has exercised her option justifiably.

So members, feel free to exercise the option liberally whether it is 'Thumbs up' or 'Thumbs Down' .

Definitely there is no award or reward, etc for the top scorer

Thank my Guru for having trained me such a way, that I treat both the brick bats and the bouquet as one as the same.

I don't take the brick bats in to my heart and the bouquet to my head.

I write with a damocles sword hanging above my head..

And call a spade a spade...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just reflecting on the state of affairs - when highly learned members/accompolished members, who, having accumulated much life experience are unable to rein in their emotions in an quasi anonymous site, it is a pointer to the "quality" that is so much characteristic, nay, a very part of us humans. The compulsive nature to engage the ego and to butter it.

It is, perhaps, one of the reasons why we do not seem to respect individual boundaries and agreed norms. It may also be one of the reasons why we seek a "controlling hand", if not within the human then in the supernatural realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back