• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do you care for others opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said! We should focus on our own goals! Not be bothered about what others think of ourselves so long as what we do is right within the legal ambit!

Source: Twitter-
CuYS6GPVMAEk_Ns.jpg

Source:Twitter-@CoolestLifeHack

I "care" for opinions of everyone.

If I do not care I at least fake it that I care!LOL

I do care about others opinion. That is the nature of living in a society. That is the reason we are active in this forum.
WE may choose to ignore some opinions.

Opinions have inbuilt biases..The trickiest part is separating the wheat from the chaff! So long as our intention is not to cause any harm to anyone let us focus on our work! What others (who are not affected by our decisions) will think on our actions should be least of the problem..We have to live for ourselves! In case they are affected by our decisions we need to understand the pros & cons and do an impact analysis before deciding

Last edited:
It takes some years to establish that we are virtuous and helping persons, in our friends and family circles.

So, unless we value others opinions, we can not achieve this! :)

When we care about feelings of others we tend to say yes instead of no.

Saying yes and doing something half heartedly is worse many times than saying harshly no.

Opinions have inbuilt biases..The trickiest part is separating the wheat from the chaff! So long as our intention is not to cause any harm to anyone let us focus on our work! What others (who are not affected by our decisions) will think on our actions should be least of the problem..We have to live for ourselves! In case they are affected by our decisions we need to understand the pros & cons and do an impact analysis before deciding

So you do care about others opinion, may be just to temper your actions.
But I agree with the gist of the post. Not the wording of the OP.

I_Dont_Care_Quotes2.jpg

200a44c94c18e68b4e2cc85cca50aa20.jpg

Source: Google images.

Last edited by a moderator:
Life is a struggle for survival! Only the fittest survive! Where is the time generosity, compassion and cooperation is the oft repeated question! But we can win not alone..We are not running a 100 meter race..We need help, collaboration with others to succeed....As shared in #4 let us focus on our work..Let us not do any harm to others...Let us increase our influence & decrease our concerns...We will then succeed

That brings me to my oft repeated theory of hugging.

When in doubt hug anyone you come across.

Chances are most times it will be reciprocated.

Most of my good living is on account of chance encounters with people I have reached out to when they wanted desperately. Later they more often than not

reciprocated .

That brings me to my oft repeated theory of hugging.

When in doubt hug anyone you come across.

Chances are most times it will be reciprocated.

Most of my good living is on account of chance encounters with people I have reached out to when they wanted desperately. Later they more often than not

reciprocated .

You said it - கட்டி பிடி Mantra is effective!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN4jzIORJtM

We senior citizen prefer to bond with strangers than relatives in view of not so good experiences with them.Then the issue of husbands relatives and wifes relatives

getting treated differently by most.

With strangers one can freely transact with no past baggage.

We can take them at face value with no expectations which helps to strike the right relationships..

Nice to see members coming here and talking freely about maintaining cordial relationship with others but in real experience one may find that thoughts and acts of most contradict

ஒருமையுடன் நினது திருமலரடி நினைக்கின்ற
உத்தமர்தம் உறவு வேண்டும்
உள்ளொன்று வைத்துப் புறம்பொன்று பேசுவார்
உறவு கலவாமை வேண்டும்

பெருமைபெறும் நினது புகழ் பேசவேண்டும் பொய்மை
பேசா திருக்க வேண்டும்
பெருநெறி பிடித்தொழுக வேண்டும் மதமான பேய்
பிடியா திருக்க வேண்டும்
மருவு பெண்ணாசையை மறக்கவே வேண்டும் உனை
மறவா திருக்க வேண்டும்
மதி வேண்டும் நின்கருணை நிதி வேண்டும் நோயற்ற
வாழ்வுனான் வாழ வேண்டும்
தருமமிகு சென்னையிற் கந்தகோட்டத்துள் வளர்
தலமோங்கு கந்த வேளே
தண்முகத் துய்யமணி யுண்முகச் சைவமணி
சண்முகத் தெய்வ மணியே

நன்றி http://www.tamilvu.org/slet/l5F31/l5F31s01.jsp?id=8

beware_hypocrites2013-crop-3x4.jpg.thumbnail_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Forum spoilers......started spewing........ keep chasing.... LOL

20120923094745-keep-running-through-the-coming-winter.jpg

Source: Google images

a-person-shoult-not-be-too-honest-straight-trees-are-cut-first-and-honest-people-are-screwed-first.jpg

LOL! What screwing etc!sounds as if honest people are first to have sex!LOL

This is not a correct translation of what Chanakya said.

What Chanakya said goes more like this...

A person should not be too honest.. straight trees are felled first likewise honest people are victimized first.

Last edited:
We senior citizen prefer to bond with strangers than relatives in view of not so good experiences with them.Then the issue of husbands relatives and wifes relatives

getting treated differently by most.

With strangers one can freely transact with no past baggage.

We can take them at face value with no expectations which helps to strike the right relationships..

True...that is why I never attend school or college reunions...why get bogged down by the past and people would start having expectations and compare and contrast. I prefer new friends or even strangers.

Talking to strangers is like having ice cream..whether you lick it or you let it melt there is nothing left finally.

True...that is why I never attend school or college reunions...why get bogged down by the past and people would start having expectations and compare and contrast. I prefer new friends or even strangers.

Talking to strangers is like having ice cream..whether you lick it or you let it melt there is nothing left finally.
One keeps on having temporary relationships and fixes.

Luckily there is no shortage of human kind for relationships.

At the end of it all , no one misses you as all you have transacted with are only strangers.

There is absolutely no dearth for half baked scholars in Sanskrit to English translation in this Forum.

And similarly, there is no dearth for members with YES Boss attitude. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back