• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are arranged marriages good for tamil brahmins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Times have changed.

So have tamil brahmin girls and their expectations.

Most of them are well educated,some with foreign PG degrees, in decent jobs earning a few lakhs a year and with some experience off living on their own in

hostels/apartments away from home. They are more mobile and visible in social sites .Most value their individual freedom,want no one to hit at their self respect,

look for gender equality and work for some cause or other involving womens issues.

Our arranged matches are products of a paternalistic family structures and marriage is a family to family transaction with some modification to fulfill some

aspirations of modern girls.

Yet most parents of girls project the girls as home loving, conservative,sacrificing putting family over self, respecting inlaws[most girls would like to live

separately with their mate and would like nothing to do with inlaws}

Those girls who get into these marriages are at a disadvantage. They have to live with the false image projected and are in conflict with themselves.

So marriage starts with a conflicting scenario and in course of time, the girls plot to run away with their husbands far away within or outside the country.

Some girls rebel when there is attempt at arranged marriage and opt for the nearest boy known to them who looks decent and fulfill some of their real needs -let

caste,horoscope,family be damned.

This is happening in more and more families.

We are with economic independence of women are heading towards a society where love marriages with dating, liveins preceding it . This in fact become the

norm for youngsters to be accepted in their social circle.

Wise competent girls choose their mates themselves , others who cannot find mates or have failed relationships opt for arranged marriages.

I am a messenger. Pl do not stone me.My post is based on what I have read in social sites.

Arranged marriage or love marriage, understanding between each other is the best marriage.

[h=2]Are arranged marriages good for tamil brahmins? [/h]

Arranged Marriage , Love Marriage , Live Ins , Live Outs whatever you name it in current scenario will work only when one is willing to be a slave or ATM ( or in some cases combination of both ) to another ( the slave, ATM can be of either sex ) .

I was reading today about the swedes.

In sweden as per 2010 report, based on statistical data, every women in lifetime gets into a relationship with 4.5 males, every male does that with 7.5 women.

That is the status of a free society with live ins.

With economic independance of women in india, opening of india to western influence, the scenario is set for faster changes.

Parents better see the writing on the wall and plan for an existence away from children.

Most women if they are economically independant want the freedom of choice to live the way they want with self respect ,men to be supportive of their aspirations .

They might care about how the money of husband is spent , what are his priorities for spending than his being an ATM for her needs.

In the process man feels threatened and feels he is becoming accountable to her or is becoming a slave, it is his thinking.

Hmmmmm.

A pet theme of krishji, repeated for the umpteenth time here. Araichchu araichchu pulichchu pona maavu. Thuvachchu thuvachchu kizhinthu kanthalaana thuni. LOL.

Vaagmiji

When I see the painful adjustment process of young educated working women stuck in traditional families unable to cope -they need to have a split personality -one inside

their inlaws place and another in work place. - It appears parents are wrong to force the young women into this predicament to live double lives.
Most women go away with husbands to another city or abroad to stay away from inlaws.

Some women are becoming mentally sick and are driven to divorce courts.

In matrimonial forums there are dozens of tamil brahmin women in thirtees in US or canada who are divorced and looking for salvation.They are unable to accept the mindset of indian mates.

In india the break ups are mostly in younger age group in first few years of marriage. Here mostly inlaws are blamed or false credentials or bad behaviour of boys in

collusion with inlaws are given as reasons.

It is a sad situation.

Whichever family I meet on my frequent trip , I hear of some one or other who has broken up and walked off from a bad marriage.

Here break ups are more painful as divorce takes away 5 to 6 years of good life due to our judicial system

Friends, I refer to #4 of Vaagmi---- Our all experienced Krish 44, provides lots of in-puts. he provides , from time to time the ground situation on the discussion of Marriages of Tamil Brahmins.
Enough has been discussed in this Forum. Besides we also have gone through the changing trends, esp. the girls attitudes. All of us feel, that because the Girls have upper hand in settling the marriages, because the trend is set in a way that major, post marriage settlement of the couples are decided & get implemented , after the newly married couple decide finally & the respective parents & families follow, duly finding ways --- To make imperative changes ,by way of resettling themselves , so that the parents would continue to get moral/ financial support from the respective sons/ daughters, wherever they live ?
In this scenario, lesser problems only likely , if arranged marriages are done. This is likely to give less chances for ill-will ,& Divorces would become difficult for the women , once the couple had their own decisions .
Note :- i am confident to claim that major problems, arising after the families are set up & the new couples are allowed to have freedom & less interference from the In-laws (esp Mothers -in law ) for the first few years , atleast till a Baby is born ,
The inlaws on both sides must, I repeat must develop good friendship & keep continuing , with Objective mind, nothing should be difficult . All concerned , esp. Elders should have a Give & Take Policy, All can enjoy the future of their lives with all happiness
We should not give room for unnecessary problems & get them nipped i the Bud Your tolerance should be the Key & if you Win ? ---mean All Win .

Rishikesan ( A. Srinivasan )

OMG! Old wine in new bottle again, Krish Sir! :)

The girls capable of getting their 'soul mate' do so; some obedient ones take the help of the parents in the search.

I wonder whether there is any need to discuss again in forum! :D

It is sickening to read such threads again and again.

Because it is someone’s pet subject, bringing in the same repeatedly amounts to nothing but taxing the members mentally.

In fact it is becoming boredom

There are much-talked about current affairs, sensational topics, breaking news and burning issues.

Anyway if someone is happy about writing on this subject, he is free.

Let this thread take upteen number of twists and turns with discussion on our evergreen topic of 'Intercaste marriage' , Inter-religious marriages, breaking marriages, divorce, etc etc and reach new heights in its achievement with more postings and views.

Why some don't come forward to think outside the box........?

6a00e008d957708834019affc61a30970b-pi

Last edited by a moderator:
Parents better see the writing on the wall and plan for an existence away from children.

The Parents are very much aware of what is happening .It is only the so called "empowered women" who while talking of their own empowerement are not bothered about the empowerment of their aged parents and inlawas and still want them to do caretaker , ayah jobs for free . I forgot to mention in my previous post that slaves does not mean just the husband , even the parents and inlwas have to be slaves ( i.e unpaid ayahs , caretakers ) for these people within India or Abroad .
But many parents have also got awakened to this new reality . Recently a couple who went abroad wanted the Girl's mother in law to come to USA to take care of their household needs as the Girl is interested in doing MS Degree .The mother in law cooly replied .You want to do your MS but I want to pursue my PhD that I skipped due to marriage and sorry I cant do Ayah jobs for you and better hire an Ayah in USA itself .
Since many MIL have also turned aggressive in refusing to play the Ayah roles , the Girls are now forcing their Mother to do that Ayah roles . LOL .

Most think that this topic is boring.

So let us talk of senior citizen TBs having affairs.

Appears exciting no

Something different.

Or One lady MP of ruling party of slapping MP of rival party of tamilnadu at delhi airport.

These type of news catches eyeballs .

Why shed crocodile tears for TB girls in distress and say arachamaavu.?

We can also spare a thought for TB boys who are mindlessly pressurised to perform both at home and colleges.

Are only GPAs and GMATs only goals in life?

Most think that this topic is boring.

So let us talk of senior citizen TBs having affairs.

Appears exciting no

Something different.

Senior citizens - TBs need - Bonjour Bonheur We are booked for this in Pondicherrey - next week end (Aug 6 to 8) it should bel be an affair to remember! rejuvinating ! as advised by another Sr.Citizen TB தமபதி who had a whale of a time in at Ocean Spray ! Should be exciting for Sr Citizen TBs!

People eating parathas and tatka dal cannot talk about ... taste of idli and sambar....

Poeple viewing Khans movies cannot comment on Rajni Kanth movies...

Members wandering at dreamland cannot talk about the ground realities of TB of South

He may possess immoveable properties at South, he may have umpteen number of relatives at South and may be even reading lot of posts in this Forum, but these things IMHO does not qualify him to comment on the practice of South Indian TBs as ground reality and first hand experience are something different...

May be passtime for few....

I prefer Aroville at Pondicherry and wish to stay
at Arka, a guest house campus which is beautifully landscaped with grassy hills and natural wilderness or there is Gaia’s Garden also which is a nice and beautiful hideout set amid lush garden. Wish to visit Matrimandir, a meditation area and have a worthwhile experience.

jj ji
Noted for next trip.

Give feedback on Jaccuzi and barbecue station after enjoyment.

Lush landscape and water view I hope are what is described or just over projections.

What makes TB boys poor at finding matches?

First they are made to worry about academics then career . This makes them non functional and reduces their drive to relate to anyone of opposite gender.

They lack the confidence to approach a girl to communicate ,leave alone becoming friendly.

They lack social graces and manners.

They are nice guys. Somehow girls do not like nice guys.

Even if TB boys learn to communicate, they get friend zoned as all nice boys are.

At best they can be silent lovers .

jj ji
Noted for next trip.

Give feedback on Jaccuzi and barbecue station after enjoyment.

Lush landscape and water view I hope are what is described or just over projections.

I had not been to this place before Hope it is good - I can assure the best jacuzzi and water views you have in Vasundhara Sarovar in Chethala near Kumarkon in Kerala Great experiance 2 years back - Unlike Kumarakon which is overcrowded like Kodaikonal Coutallam etc Chertala is serene and secluded Can arrive by Train and from station this resort is about 10 KMs away Roti raitha or Iddili Sambar everything available and really very good - The Spread in the dining hall will suit every taste Veg N veg - when the occupancy is over 80% But in lean days it is a la carte and will be costly Khan and Kanth fans will like the entertainment in the evening arranged in the lawn -Mohiniattan I enjoyed Think of this before going to Pondycherry! I enjoyed my stay there You can . Go to Kumarakom from here for a House Boat experiance in about 30 minutes drive

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...c74jYNT_B9wbCYKwg&sig2=zzUVzrwe3KeW_1BKqIDomA

Ok JJ ji Sherthala added to my list along with kumarakom.

In interiors of kerala, both language and local transport become issues.

All this boiled rice and chukku hot water makes me turn off .

my munnar trip I had to cancel once with huge losses due to falling ill. This rarely happens to me.{once couple of years or so.]

So still licking old wounds .

I have to get over my mental blocks to go to kerala.

Returning to the subject of TB boys,They are basically nice guys .

I have been wondering why girls do not like nice guys before marriage

Most girls like adventure and would like not so good boys who can help them experience high life.

They would like boys with fancy cars and bikes who can indulge them.

They like to party , wear fancy clothes, drink [mixed with coke not to attract too much attention], smoke[in rest room if not openly in restricted areas].

Of course the girls know that the guys they are going with are not life time partners and let themselves go.They can be themselves without care.

In case they get into trouble , they will go to nice TB guys who are friend zoned to bail them out.

Nice boys being nice would rise to the occassion.

Many girls play the family card to get rid of guys who normally from other communities with whom they have been going out

Nice TB guys have a plus point . They have good jobs either in india or abroad.In fact most girls think that marrying them is one of the easiest ways to go abroad.

Marriage is such a small price for a US stay.

They can be good lifetime catch and can be moulded by girls to their requirement.

They make excellent hen pecked husbands.

These boys being ammas boys are well brought up as temple going types observing all rituals and follow the straight path in life and are safe bets.

Marriage is a different ball game.

Girls want stability and harmless husbands who are not violent.

TB boys being satvik suit admirably .

Last edited:
............But many parents have also got awakened to this new reality . Recently a couple who went abroad wanted the Girl's mother in law to come to USA to take care of their household needs as the Girl is interested in doing MS Degree .The mother in law cooly replied .You want to do your MS but I want to pursue my PhD that I skipped due to marriage and sorry I cant do Ayah jobs for you and better hire an Ayah in USA itself .
Since many MIL have also turned aggressive in refusing to play the Ayah roles , the Girls are now forcing their Mother to do that Ayah roles . LOL .
Dear Krishna,

Some wrong planning for the baby! :)

In fact many parents are unable to help in rearing the infant and girls also are aware of this. The reason might be lack of good health

or love. Not all the girls treat the parents of parents in law as AyAs. But I find thatgenerally affluent parents of the boys buy their tickets

but the tickets for girl's parents are bought by her dear hubby! This is woman's lib! :thumb:

No one can stay for more than six months in God's own country. So, if m i l is not available, no worry; day care center is sought! :baby:

P.S: We can not discuss whether the arranged marriages are good or bad but always share other views! So :peace: Krish sir!!

This thread as usual takes twists and turns! No worries. This is after all Chit Chat!! :D

Dear Krish Sir,

TB girls are very clear in choosing their partners and bold enough to go for a divorce, in case the choice is wrong.

This applies even to the semi arranged and arranged marriages.

What do people have against vijay mallya - a brahmin?

Not the millions alone which he did not return to banks.

There are many business men who did not return big money and are defaulters of banks.

Mallya flaunted his high life style -surrounding himself with pretty women, partying,owning racing cars, yachts, cricket franchise while owing money.

Thats what made him the envy of all.

If TBs try similar things, they will be fixed by his jealous brethren quoting caste and religion.

TB seniors live a repressed life dictated more by the community around him.

So many are forced to live with unfulfilled dreams and aspirations which they have to take to their graves.

Our women can only pity them for their predicament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back