• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

zorba in ottawa canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

with the onset of our deadly winters, here is a video of a summer past. in ottawa. impromptu dancing in the street for zorba. in ottawa canada's capital city.

i doubt this is staged, for folk dancing is the easiest of movements and depends more on the rhythm and simplicity than any complicated choreography.

summer is an occassion for each community to show off its cultural heritage, albeit at the lowest common denominator - to attract audience and attention, whose span is limited and would not venture anything beyond 3 minutes. i think.

:)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/UhDgpXWkFHE[/video]

nearby where i live, we have an indian day in the streets - mostly punjabi oriented with bhangras which the passers by join. not sure when the tamils would start their own with versions of dappan koothu, which are as rhythmic and easy to dance to the beat.

Dappan koothu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

..i doubt this is staged, for folk dancing is the easiest of movements and depends more on the rhythm and simplicity than any complicated choreography.
K, look at the quality of the video, and the policeman at a distance cordoning off the street, this is definitely staged....

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back