• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

You are a very foolish person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Forum members

Is it ok for one member to call another 'You are a very foolish person'?

It has happened in the thread 'Iyers and Vaisnav'!

Hope it would not give precedence to others to say the same!!!

Very keen to know what you all think!

Kind regards

P.S. I had kindly requested the moderator to delete it but don't know why it has not happened! (Also have reported the post)

Last edited:
Dear Forum members

It has happened in the thread 'Iyers and Vaisnav' started by newbie Rajprasad!

Kind regards

P.S. I had kindly requested the moderator to delete it but don't know why it has not happened! (Also have reported the post)

It is very abhorrent to call another poster as a "fool" or "foolish" person. I saw the thread "Iyers and Vaisnav" just now and saw your protest also that of Sri Nara.

I read Sri Praviee's thread stating that he is on vacation till 14th, so he may not have read the message or acted upon/reacted to your request.

The obnoxious comments were addressed to Sri T.S. Sankara Narayanan, but I also notice that he (TSSN) has subsequently participated in the thread. May be the newbie Rajprasad sent some PM or apologies or somethingthing like that to Sri TSSN and they have patched up.

In my view it is best to expunge such remarks in the forum postings.

Regards,

It is very abhorrent to call another poster as a "fool" or "foolish" person. I saw the thread "Iyers and Vaisnav" just now and saw your protest also that of Sri Nara.

I read Sri Praviee's thread stating that he is on vacation till 14th, so he may not have read the message or acted upon/reacted to your request.

The obnoxious comments were addressed to Sri T.S. Sankara Narayanan, but I also notice that he (TSSN) has subsequently participated in the thread. May be the newbie Rajprasad sent some PM or apologies or somethingthing like that to Sri TSSN and they have patched up.

In my view it is best to expunge such remarks in the forum postings.

Regards,

Thank you very much for your reply Sir.

But would not any good person delete those wordings in his/her own post???

I recall Shri Kunjuppu deleting a complete post in regards to objection from another member!!!!

Very kind regards
Valli

dear valli,

i think name calling and epithets, reflect more on the person who uses it.

the kindest excuse is that this person's english usage is different and perhaps he thought that it was not an insult. sometimes we translate literally from tamil, and what may be rude in one language, may not sound so in the other. and vice versa.

in this particular instance, i agree with you that rajprasad's usage of the epithet is in bad taste.

praveen is away, i think, and there is no moderation per se. if you need praveen's attention, you need to send him a private message.

hopefully rajprasad, will avoid such caricaturing in the future.

Dear Forum members

It has happened in the thread 'Iyers and Vaisnav'!

Hope it would not give precedence to others to say the same!!!

Kind regards

Dear Valli,

I think, the problem is in the thinking process of some human beings. As along as human survival exists we can find many such funny thinking and expressions in our physical contacts and virtual contacts.

As I have seen so far, such expression may often take place here atleast from some newbies..And off course that would be utter disguisting. Than some one of us would raise objections, report them to moderator and get it deleted or moderated. This ever gonna be a continuous process.

Instead of asking apology after the error been pointed out/objections been raised, it is better if members think carefully before passing on their comments.

In the thread "Iyers and vaishnav", the thread starter had asked to know how some vadama smartha Iyers make it a point to wear the vaishnava symbols on their forehead instead of the sacred ash. Shri TSS who, I guess, represents the hindutva ideology, stated that hinduism has the singular greatness of a schism and subsequent patch-up between the two schisms.

TSS' answer was not at all to the point and tried to project a picture as if the iyers and iyengaars have patched up all their differences when everyone knows that even today the thenkalais and Vadakalais look at each other with suspicion and Iyengaars do not enter the Siva sannidhis in large temple complexes. Even in a peripheral place like Trivandrum these suspicions, preferences and biases are still visible to any keen observer.

Here only one part of the said answer viz., "you are a very foolish person" is being considered. The correct post was this:-

"You are a very foolish person or an idealist. You do not understand the problem so please do answer the problem."

Personally, I would not take up the post as offending because of the alternative "an idealist" having been used. And the subsequent explanation "You do not understand the problem so please do answer the problem." explains the mind of the poster, imho. Since Shri rajprasad has still some time available to edit his post he may like to remove the so-called offending words. But I will request Shri TSS also to be more careful in his posts in future.

Is that all?? I think forum has seen worse exchange of words before.heheheehe
Just to diffuse the situation may be we should post some song there for both the concerned members to kiss and make up.
and the song is Oh Carol I am but a fool.

[video=youtube_share;8P9XorJ_vro]http://youtu.be/8P9XorJ_vro[/video]

Ok, i am still here for another 30 minutes.
i edited that reply and removed it.

Noticed he has also posted another message

I am sorry if the sentiment of any one is hurt.
When a discussion to determine the solution for a problem in quantum physics is taking place a solution that there is no problem and we should all go for lunch break is foolish. It is a statement of fact and is not disparaging the person.

Guess matter solved.

closing this thread now since it has served its purpose.

Btw, i did not get any notification/alert about flagging the post. To report a post use the report post option below each reply.

Thanks and have a lovely week ahead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back