• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yatra to Kukke Subramanya

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramacchandran

Recently I had been to Kukke Subramanya and I here under given the details.

There are trains to banagalore and I selected Cauvery Express that left Chennai at 21.30 and reach Bangalore next day at 3.50. A.M.

There is a bus at 4.45 from Bangalore to Subramanya that reaches subramanya at 12.30. P.M. On the way you can see beautiful scenes of Mountains and Vally.

(Before going to Subramanya Matha please call the Matha and book a room for you )

Soon I reached Subramanya , I took bath in the room, and went to Matha and registered my presence.

The Sarpasamskara is done at the temple and at matha too.
In the temple they do for 150 persons at a time and whereas in matha every person is attended by a person and I advice for Brahmins, who wish to do their own (Who has no father) to go to matha.

Those who has father is to hire a Brahman who has no father who will do the Samskara on the behalf of the person and hand over the effect to us.

The ritual is for two days. First day Samskara and second day Nagapradhishta.

The cost of this is Rs 4000/ + Rs 1000/= and room rent charges are varies from Rs250/= per day.

After two days I visited few places near by, met swamiji twice.

After two days ceremony they give the prasad and some instructions.

The total cost of the trip is Rs 7,000/=

If you go by train, you must book the ticket well in advance and if you prefer bus, you can do as you wish.

Is it possible to go to Mangalore by train from chennai (Mangalore mail or Westcoast Exp). how much is the distance from mangalore

thanks

From Mangalore you can go by train. For latest train time table please visit the web.INDIAN RAILWAYS PASSENGER RESERVATION ENQUIRY

But according to me the shortest route is Via Bangalore.

Even from Bangalore the train goes to Subramanya Road.
Train No 6517 from Bangalore to Mangalore leaves Bangalore at 20.45 P.M. and reaches Subramanya Road at 05.30.A.M. Next day.

Train No 6518 leaves Mangalore at 19.45 reaches Subramanya Road by 21.55.

You will get Jeep from Railway Station to Bus stand that will charge you Rs 25 per head

Sburamanaya

Dear RV Sir,
Chennai -Mangalore Train is there daily.
From Mangalore kukke Subramanya is very near 102 Km

It is advisable to plan a trip to Mangalore keep it as centre
then combine trips nearby places
If you are four persons it is very very cheap
Go to Mangalore Stay in Udupi Woodlands Cheaper only
there is Travel Desk . Hire a Cab for four
go to the following places which will take you one week.

Mangalore centre...
Polali Rajarajeswari
Kateel Durga
mangalore local temples (kadri etc..)

UDUPI ,MURIDESWAR, GOKARNA
KOLLUR MUGAMBIKEY, SRINGERI
HORANADU , DHARMASTHALA
KUKKE SUBRAMANYA - TALA CAUVERY
BACK TO MANGALORE.

GOKARNA,
..கர்நாடகாவில் உள்ள ஒரே பாடல் பெற்ற ஸ்தலம்
ருத்ரா அபிஷேகம் செய்வது விசேஷம்
வேத வித்துக்கள் நிறைந்த இடம்
NIGHT HALTS USEFUL TIPS ..GOKARNA ,SRINGERI ,DHARMASTALA
SUBRAMANYA

TOTAL COST WILL AROUND RS 20,000 MAX (INCULDING ACCOM , FOOD)
SHARED WITH FOUR PERSONS RS 5000/ EACH
CONTACT WOOD LANDS HOTEL TRAVEL DESK IN ADVANCE
AND THEY WILL RECEIVE YOU IN STATION AND DROP YOU
BACK STATION FREE IF TOTAL BOOK WITH THEM THE TRIP.

Last edited:
If a person go for Sarpa Samskara, he should go for that alone and he should not combine other pilgrimage with Sarpa Samskara, the Rahu, Kethu parihara Nivarthy. It is like a pithur cermony.

For The persons where marriage , child birth is delayed, or abortion takes place when an astrologer suggests to do Sarpa samskara you are adviced not to mix with udupi etc., just do this return home and do go to mookambhika and other places after a couple of weeks.

In the Matha of Subramanya the Achchrya has a Sumputa Narasimha. But they worship as Vishnu. The Place has offered for sivan/ Subramanya, I was wondering how that would have familiarised for NARA SIMHA.That too was called Sumputa Narasimha.

Then I spitted the words as SU- OM - PUTA- NARA - SIMHA.

The meaning came as Su- rare/ superior, Om - concentration on the universe. puta- roasted in fire, Nara - human, simha - lion.

The meaning will thus can be read as

If a man concentrate on universe and meditate, he gains an energy like a lion.

Then came a second thought.
Nara simha avatar!
Once a man gets a power he can kill his ahankara., in dawn (sandya kalam) at door step, the earth has two doors, one South Pole, through which the vibration of Planets come in, and moves to other door, the North Pole, and then to universe.

So we give argya in the morning facing East, and in the evening facing North.

Concentrating on Gayathri Manthra will kill the ahankara in a man and he gets the power to move actively, whereas ahankara will kill a man!

I think you have to take Mumbai route trains for travel to Navabrindavan. You may have to change over at Guntakkal for Hampi route.

There are three trains from Chennai to Mumbai daily and all are going via Guntakkal. Train No. 1028 Chennai- Mumbai Mail may be the best train which starts in Chennai in the night and reaches Guntakkal next day morning.

http://www.hampi.in/nava-brindavan.htm

http://www.hampi.in/how-to-reach-hampi.htm

Hope the above information is useful

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back