• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Worms found in sandwich served on Air India flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW DELHI: An Air India flier got the shock of his life when he found worms in the sandwich served to him on a New York-Delhi flight.

The incident occurred on Air India flight (AI102) with a Rajouri Garden resident who asked for a sandwich and was served an infested one, sources said.

He complained with Air India authorities at the airport after arriving in Delhi on September 28, but claimed to have not received a response for a fortnight about the action taken in that regard.

When asked, an Air India spokesperson said that "suitable action had already been taken against the caterer".

He termed the incident as "very rare" and said, "We get our food prepared by the best caterers under very hygienic conditions", adding that Air India follows the "strictest procedure" for selecting a caterer.

Worms found in sandwich served on Air India flight - The Times of India

Last edited:
Strange indeed. US which does not allow even home cooked food to be carried into their Country, could allow such a disgraceful incident to happen in their Airport. If it happened to a US citizen he would have claimed damages from Air India.

Strange indeed. US which does not allow even home cooked food to be carried into their Country, could allow such a disgraceful incident to happen in their Airport. If it happened to a US citizen he would have claimed damages from Air India.

Sir Brahmanyan Sir

It might have been from an old stock carried from India, who knows!!

hi
famous our attitude.....YAHAAM SAB KUCH CHALTA HAI BHAI....BHAGHVAN PAR BAROSA RAKHO.....MERA BHARAT MAHAAN....

Normally the airlines source their food from local flight kitchens of 5 star hotels. This sandwich was sourced in new york. Hope left over food carried from india was not given to exhaust the stock!

Why didn't he complain in the flight when it was served. Perhaps he wanted to take it home as prasad!!

Last edited:
Normally the airlines source their food from local flight kitchens of 5 star hotels. This sandwich was sourced in new york. Hope left over food carried from india was not given to exhaust the stock!

Why didn't he complain in the flight when it was served. Perhaps he wanted to take it home as prasad!!

May be you are right sarang Sir; but he complained , and that's why this:

When asked, an Air India spokesperson said that "suitable action had already been taken against the caterer".

I have faced situations where just say I bought a packet of milk and when i drank it..it was bad..i would just throw it away..that's all.

Once I bought a chocolate and it had worms in it even though it was within the expiry date..I just threw it away and thought "let the worms have some chocolate too"

but some people take all these seriously...they make reports in the newspaper etc..come back to the shop and ask for new stuff etc or even scream the roof down!LOL

Big deal yaar..on flight if I had a sandwhich that had worms..I will quietly tell the steward or stewardess to give me a new one cos the present one has worms.

Mistakes happen at times..so no big deal if you ask me...after all what can happen? the most is some vomiting or diarrhea..which subsides after a day or 2!

renukji

Once we were was traveling by Korean Airways from Seoul to Chicago and the we were served non vegetarian Sandwich , when asked the stewardess was telling they do not have any vegetarian items except fruits; that explanation was acceptable and we had to manage with light snacks like biscuits/ fruits during the flight.

But Air India giving worms infested sandwich to a passenger on flight is not a simple mistake as you think; it is carelessness on the part of everyone who are in who are in charge of catering.

The Passenger concerned would not even eat if a fresh one is given to him as he will be thinking about the worms all the time.

Unless these types of carelessness are brought to the knowledge of the traveling public, Air India will continue serving substandard food items to its passengers.

BTW, do you know that earthworms are tied up in a cloth and immersed in the milk container to make the milk thicker?

One milk man was caught red handed in Kerala for doing such a trick! :yuck:

As the report and thousands of repeats in all airlines related sites, blogs, news portals (many reporting on the woos of AI - pilot strike, finance mismanagement, and what not), the whole story is useful to discredit AI, though no additional info is available - whether the passenger (unnamed) gave the worm infested sample when he lodged the complaint.

Similar incidents - nail in sandwich, crunchy maggots in sandwich, rats with litter in business class (flight to honkong) - virtually all air lines have a similar adventures; but none got as much as AI. Only when it comes to india related bad news it gets more exposure and approbation.

Perhaps a RTI application will reveal what was done by AI. Even the aviation minister will use this to dispose of AI.

May be you are right sarang Sir; but he complained , and that's why this:

Not asians; worm is a favourite for many. South indian (suitable for some tambrams) veg sandwich.
I know that worms are favorite for some Asians. But I guess worms still come under NV category!

BTW, do you know that veg preparations resembling worms are favorites too?

Here is the recipe, for those who have brave heart!

Halloween Worms Recipe

Raji Madam

There is a belief that if one eats Ants , his/her eye sight will improve!!

I never take even Noodles just because it resembles Worms!! Same is with Brinjals,( katharikai ) looks like Fish!!

But i have seen may womenfolks love Brinjal !!

Next time when you travel by AI, if they serve you Noodles, because you can't differentiate between noodle and worm, will you take it or not?

Probably Raji madam pen Puli will take it!!!

he he..

No 'he he' P J Sir!

I hate the very sight of noodles! I don't even watch if anyone eats noodles!! :yuck:

Raji Madam

Look at this.. Halloween Worms!!

It is Vegetarian Dish, but looks like Worms!! can't take it!!

pic1tZZ39.jpg

Source:Halloween Worms Recipe - Food.com - 3092

Did you not see my post, #15 P J Sir?

Since even the picture was :yuck: I posted ONLY the link for the recipe of these worms, for the 'brave hearts' ! :)

Raji Madam

Next time when you travel by AI to US , probably you will have this delicious dish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back