• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wise Beyond Their Years: What Babies Really Know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wise Beyond Their Years: What Babies Really Know A Baby has a MEG Brain.jpg

Infants as young as 6 months are capable of making predictions based on probability, a higher level of reasoning than is commonly believed possible, researchers have found. When shown a range of facial expressions, children as young as 7 months cast the longest gaze on the fearful face, similar to adult behavior, which scientists say signals an early sign of emotional processing.
And every parent knows that mimicking a baby's behavior, such as clapping hands, brings the child pleasure. Imaging technology has confirmed that this kind of play activates the pleasure center in the baby's brain, whereas engaging in a mismatched activity doesn't.
New laboratory technology is enabling scientists to see more clearly what is going on inside a baby's brain and monitor how it interacts with its environment. The findings are helping to shed light on the earliest stages of learning.
Read more :

Wise Beyond Their Years: What Babies Really Know - WSJ.com

Wise Beyond Their Years: What Babies Really Know - WSJ.com

Glad to read this..I wish and just hope that neurologist who got angry with me once at doctor's meeting couple of years ago will read this!LOL

I remember asking a Neurologist (who was a guest speaker) during his talk about the brain and synapses..I asked him.."how can we tap into a memory of an infant or even in utero(before birth) as the human brain surely would have its store of mystery.
We only remember clearly events that took place when we are aged some 4-5 years and below..so why do we not remember before that and how to get that stored memory?"

This question made him real mad..cos he told me "I do not see any relevance in your question!"

In other words he thought I was talking nonsense and totally did not even want to answer my question.

I sure hope he reads this article!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back