• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why woman are not allowed to enter Sanctum Sanctorum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaishnavi Temple, Tirumullaivayil, Chennai permits Ladies to perform pooja directly to Vaishavi Devi.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

Last edited:
ஸ்ரீ பரஷுரமான் ,
பெண்கள் மடி ஆகா மூறு நாள் இருக்க முடியாது .அது மட்டும் இல்லாமல் வேலை வீட்டில் பெண்கள் டான் செய்ய வேண்டும் ஒரு நம்பிக்கை .ஆகையால் பெண்களுக்கு இந்து வைப்பு குடுக்க வில்லை.அனால் இந்த காலத்தி,நான் விரும்பசு வது பெங்கல்லும் கோவிலில் அர்ச்சகர்லக வேண்டு என்று ஒரு பிரார்த்தனை.நடத்தலும் நடக்கும் நினிகிரைன்.நன்றி .

Shree Parashuram,

For theree days women cannot uphold their menstrual outflow,thereby wrongly pre-sumed as un-hygeine by elders in olden society.But with modern society,i pray women should also become temple priests,irrespective of any caste discrimination in society.Becoz in my perspective,if one lives the life like a brahmana automatically become a brahmin,though dunno how much people will aprreciate this,as we are incredibly stuck with jaadhi.Thank you!.

gopal.

in melvaruvathur ONLY ladies perform puja but in all these temples Godess is the diety.
In Lord Vishnu's temple women are not allowed. When something against vedic scripture is done the effect will be felt immediately.

GopalaswamyShridharan, from you quote
"i pray women should also become temple priests"
You can read the vedic scriptures and find what is written of women which I can't reveal here
as I stand the chance of being banned.

Last edited:
My understanding is from a mystical point of view. It has to do with all blood, not just menstrual blood. There are certain materials that attract the lower forces of the astral world. Blood is one of them. So is rotting dirt, feces etc. In the animal kingdom, on this plane these things attract bears, sharks, etc. (In the national parks of Canada there is a warning against backwoods camping during menstruation as it attracts bears.) So this is on this plane. On the inner planes, similar things occur. The temple is designed to attract inner beings ... of the higher kind, if you will. The parallel on this plane would be animals like deer, and our beloved cows.

Blood attracts blood. This also helps to explain wars.

I believe a lot of this mystical understanding has been lost due to an overestimate of the powers of the intellect. The rationalists are winning over. Remember the Milk miracle where Ganesha was drinking milk? the rationalists just could not believe while millions of pious believers witnessed the event.

Aum Namasivaya

Last edited:
Dear Sri Esternmind ji,

Your explanation seems to be logical. May be your explanation is one of the reasons.

Even in churches, ladies are not presiding over services. few years back there was lot of discussions in the church of England but ultimately ladies were denied the rites.

Ladies are not permitted to enter mosques.

Atleast in India, certain temples permit ladies to perform Pooja.

I earnestly feel that there should not be any gender discrimination.

எண்ணாயிரம் ஆண்டு யோகம் இருப்பினும் கண்ணார் அமுதனை கண்டறிவாரில்லை உள் நாடி ஒளி பெற உள்ளே நோக்கினார் கண்ணாடி போல கலந்து நின்றானே

I'm not so sure about the church of England. When it moved to Canada, it was called the Anglican church. They have lots of female ministers pastors or whatever they're called. But I am not really up on Christianity. I'm not sure what you meant. On one hand you implied agreement on my reasons, and on the other you implied its still gender discrimination. I don't see this custom as coming from discrimination as the root cause. The root cause is mystical tradition in temples. This mystic tradition was also understood in aboriginal societies of Canada, BTW.

Aum Namasivaya

I agree with eastern minds deduction,could be true.AS low level beings who are bent on doing asath work,but for them its sath work.Its like one coin,having two sides,so all is bhagavan,ultimately.If people continue to bad things like war for adharmic purposes,then definitely repurcussion will follow for future generations.That is cyclically,kingdoms raise and fall,like civilisations raise and fall.Today the British or colonial powers use a different strategy to accomplish,dominion in the name of democracy or terrorism,i think.Thank You.

gopal.

In the Gayathri temple in the Vashisht templ;e comples in Himachal the priestess was a lady.She was doing full Puja and also chanting Gaythri.
I have read a few of the vast ocean of our scriptures and there is no direct ban of womwn performing poojas.
It is only a later development and to quote a very learned lady the rule was insited by a few MCPs.

The sakthi peeta (Chaya peeta) located in EENGOIMALAI near Musiri is totally maintained by Brahmacharini ladies, who are an expert in LS. He only created both sects and there is nothing wrong in that. Might be, the gods in male forms should be taken care of male priests and viceversa...

Pranams

i have south african tamil friends (tamil 4 or 5 generations removed) from durban, who have told me that their grand mothers, and mothers too, have filled the role of priest.

i see nothing wrong in women priests. i welcome it. if they can give birth to us, nurture us and be our companions, mothers, sisters, spouses and daughters, why not they be also priests.

i cannot wait for the day we see women priests in our major temples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back