• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why we shout when we are angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namassadhasae.

Why do we shout in anger?

I just share what I read on the state of ‘Anger’.

'Why do we shout in anger? Why do people shout at each other when they are upset?' – Really a million dollar question.

'Because we lose our calm, we shout for that.'

'But, why to shout when the other person is just next to the person who shouts?' 'Isn't it possible to speak to him or her with a soft voice? Why do we shout at a person when we are angry?'

'When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot. To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other. The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other through that great distance.'

Imagine a situation contrast to the above anger.

'What happens when two people fall in love? They don't shout at each other but talk softly, why? Because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is very small...'
The saint continued, 'When they love each other even more, what happens? They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other and that's all. That is how close two people are when they love each other.'

Conclusion: When we argue let us not make our hearts get distant, do not say words that distance each other more, else there will come a day when the distance is so great that we will not find the path to return.

//Since it is difficult for me to follow this - I prefer at least passing this on to others.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை
தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!

Namassadhasae.

Why do we shout in anger?

I just share what I read on the state of ‘Anger’.

'Why do we shout in anger? Why do people shout at each other when they are upset?' – Really a million dollar question.

'Because we lose our calm, we shout for that.'

'But, why to shout when the other person is just next to the person who shouts?' 'Isn't it possible to speak to him or her with a soft voice? Why do we shout at a person when we are angry?'

'When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot. To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other. The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other through that great distance.'

Imagine a situation contrast to the above anger.

'What happens when two people fall in love? They don't shout at each other but talk softly, why? Because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is very small...'
The saint continued, 'When they love each other even more, what happens? They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other and that's all. That is how close two people are when they love each other.'

Conclusion: When we argue let us not make our hearts get distant, do not say words that distance each other more, else there will come a day when the distance is so great that we will not find the path to return.

//Since it is difficult for me to follow this - I prefer at least passing this on to others.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை
தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!

The most important and the best article G Soundara Rajan ji..

The simplest and the best way to practice controlling our anger and avoiding uttering hurtful words can be, keeping the tip of the thumb tightly pressed with the rest of the fingers...

One of the great North Indian Philosopher/Saint, Sri Kabir das got some wonderful messages for us...

"Boli Ek Amol Hai, Jo Koi Jole Jane, Liye Tharaaju Tholikey, Thab Mukh Baahar Aani"

Meaning - Speech is precious. Who ever wants to speak, should first evaluate one's own words and than speak.

"Aisi Baani Boliye, Man Ka Aapa Khoi, Auroan Ko Sheethal Mile, Aapuhu Sheethal hoi"

Meaning - Speak such language/words so that heart looses the pain, that sooths / gives pleasure to others and sooths / gives pleasure to one self.

Wanted to pass on this to every one...

becoz of hyper-tension and high blood pressure we get angry;if one takes medication,automatically,no one will get angry;philosophically writing,remove desire,anger wil vanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back