• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why should we not go to temples on Dec 31st

Status
Not open for further replies.
(1)Minor Nit pick: A lice => louse
(2)Another minor nit pick: Vaishnavism => Krishna but Krishna => Jagat Sansar (not just Vaishnavism).

(1) Good nit picking. When mind races furiously about leaping and reaching a higher plane, the singular and plural and rules for use of articles all merge and become one huge mass weighing heavily. So it is better to forget or dump and for onookers to forgive the liberties taken. Any way it is English and I am not born an anglo saxon. LOL. Thanks.

(2) This is not nit pick. Obviously this is red rag. Let me see how furiously the bull charges at me.
vaishnavism===>not only Krishna but also Rama, Nrisimha, Vamana, Sridhara, matsya, Srivaraha, Parasurama and many more including at another level Siva, Rudra, Parmeshwar, Parvathi, Subrahmanya etc., etc., including the jagat Sansar.
Proof:
You chant every day "Keno upAyena laghunA vishnOre nAma ............. and the answer by Parmeshwar "Sri Rama Rama RamEthi, ramE rAmE manOramE sahasra nAma tattulyam Rama nAma varAnanE.........

And at another level you may be chanting "nArayana parabrahma tatvam nArAyanappara..........."

Is the bull going to charge?

I am waiting -- not as a matador but as the young man in a manju virattu. LOL.

Last edited:
I have :noidea: whether people thronged to temples at midnight elsewhere! :bump2:

Our colony temple had the usual timing only to :pray: .
But.............. one motorbike guy roamed all night in this area, after getting RID of the silencer of his vehicle! :horn:
Added to this noise pollution, we heard lots of crackers from 9.30 p.m last night, to the wee hours of the New Year Day! :boom:

The matter is sub judice in madras high court....

And incidentally, the judge though admitted the petition did not consider it that critical to issue any interim order before 31st Dec17...

What happened to sani singhapur and the dargah at mumbai... these court decisions may also go in the same way.... Freedom for all, freedom always....!!!

Let us wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back