• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

why shashikala given the boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Sasikala (looks like that is the correct sp. Mr. K) used to "live with" the Chief Minister. What weirdness!

Well, you know how sometimes some of the people living in the same house are given the boot! Or at least the rolling pin!

I have no personal knowledge, but googled and found this.

"Party insiders said Jayalalithaa had learnt of an alleged secret plan by Sasikala to seize control if Jayalalithaa was convicted in a disproportionate-assets case that she is facing , and is forced to step down."
Jayalalithaa sacks confidant Sasikala & Co - Yahoo!

n a brief statement, the AIADMK chief, who took power in May, asked party members not to have any dealing with the expelled lot.

There was no immediate reaction from Sasikala, who used to live with the chief minister and was frequently seen in her company both at private and public events.

The others expelled from the AIADMK are V. Baskaran, T.T.V. Dinakaran, Diwakar, V.N. Sudhakaran, S. Venkatesh, M. Ramachandran, Ravanan, Mohan, Kulothungan and Rajarajan.

Jayalalithaa gave no reasons why she was taking this extreme step. But party sources said this could be due to widespread charges of interference by Sasikala and her associates in the running of the administration.

It was a week ago that Jayalalithaa had indicated to some of her ministers that it would be good if they distanced themselves from Sasikala.

It is rumoured that the Sasikala group was keen on bringing the AIADMK under their control fearing Jayalalithaa could be convicted in the disproportionate assets case now being heard in Bangalore.

"Sasikala had emerged so powerful that few people could reach the chief minister without her (Sasikala's) knowledge and permission," said a senior government official who did not want to be identified.

The sacking comes ahead of AIADMK's executive and general council meetings slated for Dec 30 here.

Jayalalithaa sacks long-time confidant Sasikala [newKerala.com News # 129755]

I have no personal knowledge, but googled and found this.

"Party insiders said Jayalalithaa had learnt of an alleged secret plan by Sasikala to seize control if Jayalalithaa was convicted in a disproportionate-assets case that she is facing , and is forced to step down."
Jayalalithaa sacks confidant Sasikala & Co - Yahoo!

n a brief statement, the AIADMK chief, who took power in May, asked party members not to have any dealing with the expelled lot.

There was no immediate reaction from Sasikala, who used to live with the chief minister and was frequently seen in her company both at private and public events.

The others expelled from the AIADMK are V. Baskaran, T.T.V. Dinakaran, Diwakar, V.N. Sudhakaran, S. Venkatesh, M. Ramachandran, Ravanan, Mohan, Kulothungan and Rajarajan.

Jayalalithaa gave no reasons why she was taking this extreme step. But party sources said this could be due to widespread charges of interference by Sasikala and her associates in the running of the administration.

It was a week ago that Jayalalithaa had indicated to some of her ministers that it would be good if they distanced themselves from Sasikala.

It is rumoured that the Sasikala group was keen on bringing the AIADMK under their control fearing Jayalalithaa could be convicted in the disproportionate assets case now being heard in Bangalore.

"Sasikala had emerged so powerful that few people could reach the chief minister without her (Sasikala's) knowledge and permission," said a senior government official who did not want to be identified.

The sacking comes ahead of AIADMK's executive and general council meetings slated for Dec 30 here.

Jayalalithaa sacks long-time confidant Sasikala [newKerala.com News # 129755]

i think the aidmk cadre will welcome this.

sasikala family was like the maran or MK family - basically fattening themselves at the expense of govt good name.

having said that, there is no one else in aidmk to run the party. sasi had thoroughly purged the party of any opposition or any talent.

Jaya was only a convenient mascot for AIADMK. The party is really controlled by powerful caste satraps. There are a few major castes who control politics in Tamilnadu. They are (1) Thevars (kallar, maravar, Ahamudaiyar) and Konars (Yadavas) of the districts of Madurai (includes the two old madurai districts and Ramanathapuram District), Nellai (includes the new Tuticorin Dist) and to some extent Trichy Tanjore also. (2) The gounders and Naidus (includes naickers) of Coimbatore, Erode, Salem and the new Tirupur.(3) The vanniyars of Perambalur, North and South Arcots, Kanjeevaram, Chengalpattu districts.(4) The nadars of Southern districts and particularly the KK District. These are the three/four caste groups that determine the ruling dispensation in every Government whether it is DMK, or AIADMK or any other party. Besides these three there are a few minority but influential minority castes such as Pillais, Mudaliyars and Reddiars who get a share in power disproportionate to their population size because of their closeness to the important political leaders. They always manage to be in power whoever comes and goes. The higher bureaucracy in Tamilnadu is largely comprised of these minority castes and so they have access to the levers of power always even if its Governor's rule.

The entire population comprising these powerful(numerically preponderant) caste groups control the agriculture,trade and business at all levels. When election comes the leaders of these caste groups can not show their face and ask for votes because they will certainly lose. The reasons are 1. they are not known outside their villages/towns.2. They are in an unending competition with other caste leaders for power. They can not transcend their limitations even if they want. So they need a face which is recognized instantly by the masses. Such faces are usually available in the filmdom only. This is how Karunanidhi, MGR, Vijaykanth, Rajini are all popular for their roles in filmdom as well as in politics.

Now coming to Jayalalitha and her recent action against Sasikala, it appears she has acted in haste without knowing her strength and weakness. Her need for Sasikala and her knowledge of the caste loyalties and leverage with caste chieftains of various districts was more than Sasikla's need of Jaya for exercise of power. I think the struggle is going to be an attrition. It may result in the AIADMK ultimately losing its hold over the powerful and numerically important caste groups for votes. The monolith AIADMK may slowly bleed and become anaemic in course of time. With the wheel chair bound MK and the Jaya living in her ivory tower it may be interesting to watch who has the leadership material in Tamilnadu to grab the opportunity and stake a claim to the Gaddi.

Cheers.

Now coming to Jayalalitha and her recent action against Sasikala, it appears she has acted in haste without knowing her strength and weakness. Her need for Sasikala and her knowledge of the caste loyalties and leverage with caste chieftains of various districts was more than Sasikla's need of Jaya for exercise of power. I think the struggle is going to be an attrition. It may result in the AIADMK ultimately losing its hold over the powerful and numerically important caste groups for votes. The monolith AIADMK may slowly bleed and become anaemic in course of time. With the wheel chair bound MK and the Jaya living in her ivory tower it may be interesting to watch who has the leadership material in Tamilnadu to grab the opportunity and stake a claim to the Gaddi.

Cheers.

On the contrary I foresee the caste leaders and kingmakers switching their loyalties towards JJ as at the click of the switch and JJ scoring some points in the public mind as a very forthright and (now) good-intentioned "amma". The only thing for tabras to see is how s.v.shekhar and tughlaq Cho fare under "the new honest management"!

JJ woke up to feel that somebody is trying to overtake her. It is immaterial if she herself came to know of it or through informers who after easing out SasiK, rejoiced. But it is doubtful whether madam JJ understood that absolute power could destroy the holder of that power. Four heads may join, but 2.... never. Maybe TN is going to have a good turn of events.

It would do a lot of good to the tabras if SVS and Cho keep quite attending to their filmdom and magazine pocket Burroughs.

SVS is gone story.

if cho aligns with J, it is aboslutely the end of J. cho is hated by everyone except tambrams.

I think JJ is very intelligent if nothing else. Strong leaders often cannot be defeated from the outside, but often have a soft underbelly. No doubt she averted a palace coup by doing this. But one thing is clear: she is AIADMK and AIADMK is her. It is a personality cult.

if cho aligns with J, it is aboslutely the end of J. cho is hated by everyone except tambrams.

Cho is the instrument in bringing alliance between jj and capatain(?). Eventhough he is hatred, but his Tuglag played major part to bring limelight about dravidian poliicies ( no body knows what is dravidian policy?)

Cho is the instrument in bringing alliance between jj and capatain(?). Eventhough he is hatred, but his Tuglag played major part to bring limelight about dravidian poliicies ( no body knows what is dravidian policy?)

so what? all this is in the past. you must be aware that memory is very short in politics, there is no such thing as gratitude.

so, dear suku, it is irrelevant, what tughlaq did to get J in power, as you say it. ask J and she will something different.

the one precedent that i can relate to:1967 elections when rajaji put together an anti congress coalation, which swept dmk in power. rajaji was soon sidelined and soon MK took over reins on anna's death. do you know the first leader whom he paid homage? kaitheymillath mohammed ismail - gratitude for muslim support, funds in the elections which defeated kamaraj. rajaji was no where.

all rajaji's chanakyalike raja thanthiram, came to nought. the shudra, as he proudly hooted, defeated the brahmin, in his own game.

such is life. have we, as tambrams, learned anything from it.

to give you a parallel situation: 1972 elections,the christians of tamil nadu allied wholesale with kamaraj. the church pulpit was exhorting the faithful, to go, 100% in all, vote kamaraj.

but soon after the elections, the bishop of madras/mylapore msgr arulappa, went to karunanidhi home, and congratulated him. not one brahmin did. this shows the immense qualities of survival of communities and how to sway with the wind direction.

i hope, i am coming across with some points here....

history...has a tendency....to repeat itself. those who learn from it, profit. others, are doomed to repeat their experience.

AIADMK is one headed party like pyramid.the top has to be listened to,otherwise......

As per magazine/ newspaper reports, J consults modi, and gets advice and feed back. If this is true, and if she follows the advice, good period has dawned on tamilnadu.

As per magazine/ newspaper reports, J consults modi, and gets advice and feed back. If this is true, and if she follows the advice, good period has dawned on tamilnadu.

modi is a good administrator. but gujarat development is his first priority.

recently he was in tamil nadu, and while the tamil leaders sat stunned, he convinced a good number of tamil nadu intended businesses to shift to gujarat.

two days ago, the huge renault car plant, which was already committed to be in tamil nadu, was announced to be shifted to gujarat.

and a bunch more has followed suit.

tamil nadu govt and bureaucracy in state of shock.

i would like to warn folks, that just because you like modi, dont think he is good for tamil nadu or a big big buddy buddy system is developing. in politics each is for himself and that is the way it is.

modi is a good administrator. but gujarat development is his first priority.

recently he was in tamil nadu, and while the tamil leaders sat stunned, he convinced a good number of tamil nadu intended businesses to shift to gujarat.

two days ago, the huge renault car plant, which was already committed to be in tamil nadu, was announced to be shifted to gujarat.

and a bunch more has followed suit.

tamil nadu govt and bureaucracy in state of shock.

i would like to warn folks, that just because you like modi, dont think he is good for tamil nadu or a big big buddy buddy system is developing. in politics each is for himself and that is the way it is.

I think Modi also screwed Mamata Banerjee and Bengal in a similar manner about Tata Nano. Nothing to complain about that. Everything is fair in capitalism and politics.

JJ reminds me a bit of Queen Elizabeth I, the virgin queen. Aside from the lack of red hair, there are quite a few similarities...

JJ reminds me a bit of Queen Elizabeth I, the virgin queen. Aside from the lack of red hair, there are quite a few similarities...

yo!

being a history buff of the tudor age of england, dear biswa, may i please beg to disagree.

though questions have been raised about the virginity of E1, and i will take your word re J's v.....y, here are some of E1's unique highlights

- E1 was an absolute ruler of england, an independent country, a poor cousin to europe of spain and france and the pope
- she encouraged a whole slew of pirates (drake, raleigh, hawkins) who plundered the heavy gold and silver laden spanish ships and got a huge cut of the booty
- she defeated the spanish armada in a spectacular fight off the english coast (largely aided by mother nature who smiled on england and produced wild atlantic storms which blew away half the spanish sail ships, and the english navy finished off the rest)
-E1 sponsored to start the east india company, which came to trade and ended up ruling india
-E1 was instrumental in finding the first spy service in the world, with francis walsingham being her first spymaster
- deftly played off one european power against the other, so that by the end of her reign, spain was bankrupt and france started her decline
- E1 is nominally considered the founder of what came to be known as the British Empire
- ensured the permanence of protestantism in england by driving out the catholics to exile or converting them to protestant faith
- incidentally hated negroes and did not want the presence of even one 'coloured' person in her kingdom
- loved almost unanimously by her people
- her entire life was under by the angry catholics who were sponsored by the pope to murder her - and thus be canonised (pope failed)
- the first english settlement was done sponsored by her and came to be known as virginia

dear biswa, i think, even the most admirer of J would claim anything close to what E1 did for england... except in the posters that we see in chennai, where she is a mother god :)

Last edited:

jj is rofl ing saying england is jujube,i am mysoree rani,gothaithaa :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back