• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why I Chose An Assisted Living Facility In India For My Mother

prasad1

This is not my story.

I Found this article

Jaya Padmanabhan has written from the heart a personal experience. I can relate to her experience. I shared this with my family.

My 89-year-old mother had lived in our home in California since 2006. However, it had taken a complicated series of events and considerations that resulted in her occupying Room 211 at Athulya Assisted Living in Chennai, India.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Invisible Family Caregivers
In our communities, there is a deep-rooted cultural resistance to considering institutions for aging loved ones. As a result, family caregivers typically manage medications, handle doctor’s visits, perform wound therapy, and manage the medical and emotional needs of loved ones in a myriad of ways.

“So what we have is essentially over-stretched family caregivers, who are mostly women, struggling to make ends meet as they manage the health care needs of their loved ones, said Ai-jen Poo, executive director of Caring Across Generations.”

Ai-jen Poo
She calls this work incredibly visible and taken for granted in our culture.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back