• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why Do We Shout In Anger ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why We Shout When We Are In Anger ?

A Hindu saint who was visiting river Ganges to take bath found a group of family members on the banks, shouting in anger at each other.

He turned to his disciples smiled and asked "Why do people shout in anger shout at each other?"
Disciples thought for a while, one of them said, 'Because we lose our calm, we shout.'

"But, why should you shout when the other person is just next to you? You can as well tell him what you have to say in a soft manner." asked the saint.
Disciples gave some other answers but none satisfied the other disciples.

Finally the saint explained :
'When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot. To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other. The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other to cover that great distance.

What happens when two people fall in love? They don't shout at each other but talk softly, Because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is either nonexistent or very small...'

The saint continued, 'When they love each other even more, what happens? They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other and that's all. That is how close two people are when they love each other.'

He looked at his disciples and said "So when you argue do not let your hearts get distant, Do not say words that distance each other more, Or else there will come a day when the distance is so great that you will not find the path to return."

Hope you found this answer both enlightening as well as useful in your life :)

It makes an interesting reading. Apart from what the saint said, shouting occurs
out of hatred which everyone should control and gradually eschew. As far as possible
we should love each other; love is the golden link which binds heart to heart,
mind to mind and soul to soul. Hatred is an evil quality.We should conquer
hatred by love, jealousy by love and intolerance by love.

PC RAMABADRAN

@[email protected]
The metaphor is very interesting.
However, why get angry in the first place? Consequences of anger can be more serious than its causes.

If you are angry, or holding on to anger, it is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who will get burned - Gautama Buddha

P.S. Incidentally, I hope you won't get angry if I make a comment like " How about a better choice for Forum name ?"

Last edited:
Good explanation! But we also note that people shout even when they are in joy!!

When I got a phone call to inform the rank of my son in IIT JEE, I shouted and hugged my son!

Does it mean that my heart is far away from that of my son?

When we are excited with happiness, we shout!
icon3.png

Good explanation! But we also note that people shout even when they are in joy!!

When I got a phone call to inform the rank of my son in IIT JEE, I shouted and hugged my son!

icon3.png

Good point!

icon3.png

Perhaps shouting in anger and shouting in joy/love makes a difference...

In anger, the heart gets distanced.. In love and joy may be the heart gets exploded within self and makes a high speed collision with the heart of the other whom we love. :)

When you get angry at someone its like the mind is unable to tackle a very huge amount of power hurled at it. Just as huge physical energies can tear apart objects, offensive mental energies destabilize the mind. Same goes with all the emotions and lust. I think it is basically the mind's disconnect in time that is responsible for this. If mind basically is farsighted just as it is in great seers, tranquility prevails.

Some people deserve to be shouted at!!LOL

So dont worry..dont analyse why we shout too much.

Uncontrolled collision

is similar to an atomic explosion!
It CAN cause a lot of problems!:bump2:

So beware!

Perhaps shouting in anger and shouting in joy/love makes a difference...

In anger, the heart gets distanced.. In love and joy may be the heart gets exploded within self and makes a high speed collision with the heart of the other whom we love. :)

Really an interesting topic and very good views expressed by various members. May be if we remember some of these points when we get angry at some persons in future and follow the principle of not shouting, this article has achieved its purpose. Let us see how far we will be able to put this in practice.

Regards

Venkat

Do you know who gets angry, remains angry and cross all the time?

The egotists who believe that the universe has been created for their

own sake and everyone is else is there only to serve them all the time.

Often times, poor wording of what one is trying to say, may lead to anger and shouting during an argument when, in fact, any perceived disagreement or offence arises mostly due to misunderstanding. When emotions take control, and egotism is unchecked, ( worse still if one is suffering from high blood-pressure, and/or have an uncontrolled diabetic condition), one is likely to say things that may be perceived as offensive. But if the other party is also emotionally charged, such utterances can escalate the situation on hand, and lead to further problems down the road.

Most important is to avoid jumping to conclusions. Hear out what the other person is trying to say. Respond without becoming confrontational. Keep your cool and try to steer around the conflicting situation calmly. If that does not work, count to one hundred ( as suggested elsewhere) or take a deep breath, and walk away.

Holding a grudge against someone can also give rise to anger. And, if you remain angry, the constant rush of negative thoughts and emotions can perpetuate the feelings of anger. So try forgiving. By forgiving someone, you essentially are letting go of the negative emotions. We are all prone to make mistakes.

Here is a simple trick that will lighten any tense situation: try putting a long pencil across your mouth so it comes out of each corner of the mouth. Wait for a few seconds. Now, how do you feel? According to neurologists, this action activates the small muscles in your face that creates a smile. It is impossible to simultaneously smile and feel bad. Smiling makes you instantly feel better and more positive!!

Last edited:
icon3.png
From Yahoo answers:

Best answer -
By Mandeep Kohli - Chosen by Voters.

Anger is a type of Energy.When our body creates such energy it has to find some way to release it.

So we shout or yell at others in order to release it.It is nature's way to keep us healthy.

If such an energy is suppressed and not released we may go into depression or in some other kind of disease.

Source(s):

Personal Knowledge

When I become angry I set out to work hard or do some hard work.

So the excess energy created is not used in bowling and

bawling like an atom bomb but it is utilized as the energy from

an atomic reactor under controlled conditions.

I get maximum work done on the days I am angry - :mad:

which is almost everyday.

Thanks to the people around me who have successfully

converted me into a human and humane robot! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back