• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who will be the Vijay TV's Super Singer this Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ALL:

Please watch the Super Singer Competition in Vijay TV.. You may get the link at TamilO! Tamil Video Songs | Free Tamil Movies Online | TV Serials

The three in the Semi Finals are Pooja, Sathya and Sai. All are very good singers.

I like Pooja; I am rooting for her to win the Title at the Finals. She is a Tamil, but living in Hydrabad. Her voice has some sweetness that attracts lots of fans!

She is also a talented Performer: Please watch her performance with Sathya and Srinivas in this Round..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWt-d2_CA4Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irV16qOimlA&feature=related

Cheers.

Last edited:
I like Satya's brigas. Pooja's voice is unblemished. Sai is versatile and confident.All the three are great
arya

namaskaaram, one and all , the program conducted by vijay tv ,has its own standard ,esp .the music show ,its nice to see a cream of good singers.music has all good properties,esp its a good healer.(still remember super singer junior, a wonderful show,there is less of time for me to watch tv on working days ,but for this music show i prefer to watch this,as i feel spending ur worthy time with our people ,rather than lending ur time to other serials,its my opinion ,i hope i did not hurt any body feelings )

My bet is

Pooja and Sathya will go to the Finals... they two are a terrific pair.. please watch their performance in the youtube clip I posted above.

Go Pooja Go.... You are a lovely Singer and a Performer!

Best wishes.

I actually wanted Malavika to win really badly, but shes out. So now I hope Sathya or Pooja. Saiesan from Canada was really good as well.

Whats the matter people, Puja is numero uno, she will leave everyone in the dust ...

Whats the matter people, Puja is numero uno, she will leave everyone in the dust ...

Dear N:

Already she has moved up to the Finals... she got 149 points in four categories...

Now, the fight is between Sathya and Sai... Sai has 147 points... How much will Sathya get?

My gut feeling is Sathya will get 147.5 /148 and move on to the Finals to fight Pooja!!

I love to see Pooja beating Sathya at the Finals!!! Lol

Wait & watch.

...My gut feeling is Sathya will get 147.5 /148 and move on to the Finals to fight Pooja!!.
Sathya has a boyish feel, but a class act. He did a great job with enge nimmadhi. Sai is fantastic with difficult songs. These three the best among the lot, no doubt.

So, what do they get after the contest is over, a movie chance, or what?

Cheers!

Sathya has a boyish feel, but a class act. He did a great job with enge nimmadhi. Sai is fantastic with difficult songs. These three the best among the lot, no doubt.

So, what do they get after the contest is over, a movie chance, or what?

Cheers!

I believe the winner gets the Title and a 40 lakh rupee Condo in Chennai!

Perhaps, some music composer / director could give them a chance to sing for movie songs, and they could sing regularly in Music Cafe in Chennai, Hydrabad, B'lore etc!

Wait & watch.

After seeing the semi final result, i feel Lord Sai will shower His Blessings on Saicharan soon- He is in hearts of so many THOUSANDS OF FANS

After seeing the semi final result, i feel Lord Sai will shower His Blessings on Saicharan soon- He is in hearts of so many THOUSANDS OF FANS

Actually, Sai was SS 07 in ranking, while Pooja was SS 02 and Sathya was SS 01..

Sai has shown tremendous mobility upward now competing with Sathya at the Semi Final... In fact I don't have anything negative about Sathya or Sai.. both are brilliant singers.

But in Western, both are quite weak comparing to Pooja... please watch her "Rahatullah" in Bennet & Bands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbM5jzVv2d0

S
he just blossomed into a Performer & Singer with her talent... She is the One to get the Title.

Wait & watch.

Last edited:
Well.. Folks.. now the Semi Final is over... Sathya edged out Sai by 0.5 marks!

So, the Finalists are Pooja (149 marks) and Sathya (147.5) Sai got only 147!! as I predicted! LOL.

Interestingly, Mallavika got Spot Selected for the Public Voting Wild Card.... she sang really well..

Wait & watch.

Hello ALL:

The list of the Finalists for the Super Singer 3 Title is here (given in the order of marks obtained in the Semi Final & the Wildcard Rounds):

Pooja Vaidyanath
Sathya Prakash
Sai Charan
Santhosh.

Sai and Santhosh got in via Wildcard Round.

People outside India can go to indya.com - STAR - VIJAY and register for voting in the Final.

I request all of you to look at the performance of Pooja - she is an awesome singer with a very sweet voice AND an excellent performer on stage. I have posted some of her videos in this Thread.

If you also like, please go to the above site and vote for Pooja SS 02...

Thanks.

Y

Y, I am changing my support, my vote is for Alka, who is this little angel?

Y, I am changing my support, my vote is for Alka, who is this little angel?

N:

Alka is the Winner of the Junior Super Singer last year, I believe. She is very good. I like her very much.

Well, the Senior Super Singer 3 Finale is over today (Friday night in Chennai by 10 pm), and here is the Final Result:

Winner is Sai Charan
Runner up I is Santhosh
Runner up II is Sathya
Runner up III is Pooja!!!

Pooja did not choose the RIGHT Songs and she couldn't touch the audience by her sweet voice!!

Cheers.

Last edited:
Winner is Sai Charan
Runner up I is Santhosh
Runner up II is Sathya
Runner up III is Pooja!!!
Oh Y, you ruined it for me, I am just watching it. Well, I guess I changed my allegiance just in time, this Alka is something else.

I am very happy to see these youngsters having fun, each one is a gem of a singer.

Cheers!

Hello ALL:

I have an observation and a question:

In the last three sessions of Vijay TV's Senior Super Singers (since 2006), only BOYS have won the Trophy.. Session I won by Nikhil Mathew, Session II won by Ajeesh and Session III won by Saicharan.

Does this mean Boys are more talented and/or better trained than girls in vocal popular light music?

or It's again an ILLUSION created by the poor methodology of choosing the Final Winner: Vote rigging and shenanigans by the TV operator?

If this is the former, I am astounded because I don't think there is any biological basis for this to happen.

If this is the latter, then some one should sue the Vijay TV for poor and possible fraudulent methodology.

What say you?

Cheers.

ps. In the Junior Super Singer, Alka Ajith has won the Trophy... the Second Junior SS is going to get started soon. I am talking about the Senior Super Singer above!

Last edited:
Somehow I feel the votes were against the judges rather than for the singers. People wanted to undo what the judges had done. In the finals, Sathyaprakash was very good, but many of us felt that the judges were partial in pushing up puja and sathya and sai was even insulted once. how many of you share this feeling?

Somehow I feel the votes were against the judges rather than for the singers. People wanted to undo what the judges had done. In the finals, Sathyaprakash was very good, but many of us felt that the judges were partial in pushing up puja and sathya and sai was even insulted once. how many of you share this feeling?

Hello Uma:

I have been watching this from top 20 on...

Judges have praised Sai many times..

Pooja has a natural sweetness to her voice and her voice modulation is exceptional, which is what many Judges mentioned... please recall what TL Maharajan said about her...she made minor mistakes of diction on some words in the lyrics.

Sathya is very exceptional singer for Classical and Sangathis.. hence he is called King of Sangathis, when Pooja is called Queen of Melodies.

Please recall, on One on One between Sai and Pooja when she sang the "Thoothu Varuma"; also when she sang "Mannippaya" against Santhosh... she blew me up with her Feelings.

My view is the Public Voting is rigged..there were FRAUD in the final counting... many voters put multiple times and in the final count there was serious ERROR either by design or by accident.

In all, I believe Pooja and Sathya should have been the TOP two.

Cheers.

ps. In any case, Santhosh has no place in the Winner Circle, IMO. Even he knows it - he himself said it when he was eliminated after the Quarter Final!

Last edited:
As final result has comeout, it is unfair to put sathya in thrid place. on the day of final sathya has sung above than other singers especially for his omanappenne he should have been given the title but as usual vijay tv has played politics in the last

As final result has comeout, it is unfair to put sathya in thrid place. on the day of final sathya has sung above than other singers especially for his omanappenne he should have been given the title but as usual vijay tv has played politics in the last

Hello:

Since the Public Voting was open for nearly 10 days, people were watching the Pre-Finale performance of the Finalists and were voting every day including after the Finale.

It appears that the computer program or some method that Vijay TV used crashed before the final counting... they did not know how many are repeated votes from the same person via sms, phone or internet. In theory, ONE person should have ONE vote only..

Both Sai Charan and Santhosh had "some organized effort" to stuff the ballot box with their multiple votes, and Pooja and Sathya did not know all that shenanigans going on with the Vijay TV..

Consequently, the Wild Card people won BOTH the initial WC Selection for the Finale AND the Finale itself.

This needs to be investigated, and exposed.

For me, Both Pooja and Sathya are TRUE winners... I hope the music directors/composers know the facts and the inside story and give chances to these two people rather than the "cooked up" Winners!

Cheers.

Hello ALL:

Finally, the detailed results are out - there were 29 Judges at the Finale each giving 10 marks per song - two songs were sung by each contestant at the Finale -

Marks from the Judges: Sathya 516/580 (88%); Sai 488.5/580 (84%); Pooja 447.5/580 (77%) and Santhose 434/580 (74%).

Votes from the Public: Somehow Sai got 367,008, Santhosh got 200,904, Sathy got 162,101 and Pooja got 113,912 only.

As I said before, the Public Voting has multiple votes for each person which as per the Rules is WRONG...somehow, in the final analysis and counting, only ONE vote is allowed for ONE person, which I believe was terribly violated..

Therefore, going by Judges' Marks the True Winner is Sathya, then Sai and Pooja.. Santhosh is last.

However, it appears Sathya and Sai got singing offer from GV Prakash (AR Rahman's nephew) and Pooja and Santhosh got offers from James Vasanthan...

So ALL is well...

:)

ps. As Judge Srini said Pooja did not give her BEST at the Finale; her song choice was not that good as that of Sathya or Sai... she should have given a Western genre song, in which she is the Queen, as people say... Sachin Tandulkar has hit many Centuries in Cricket... but he lost many matches too! That's life. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back