• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

which temple has got gopurams on all the four entrances next to Madurai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know which temple has got gopurams on all the four entrances next to Madurai ? .
Just try to find the answer.
Recently I had been to a place called Kilasivalpatti near Karaikudi and Tirupathur ( Ramnad.). which is my father's native place . Infact I started my studies here about 5 decades back. This is the place where my Chinnamma and his family is living.
We had been to the Shiva temple there. My Chinnamma told me that this the temple next to Madurai having Gopurams at all the four entrances. Is it a fact anybody ready to clarify me.

Dear Sri Krishnamurthy,

Arulmigu Annamalayar Tirukkoil (Arunachaleswarar Temple) in Tiruvannamalai has got four majestic Gopurams on all the four sides of the Temple. Grand Raja gopuram in the East, Tirumanjana Gopuram in the South, Pey Gopuram in the West and Amminiammal Gopuram in the North. The Temple itself has got total of nine Gopurams and six Prakarams. The Raja Gopuram is 217 ft in height, second highest in the State. The tallest is ofcourse Srirangam 236 ft .
Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Yes, it is also small wonder that standing ahead of the "sthalavritcham" in the prakaram, you can view all the 9 gopurams. Unfortunately, we could not capture it in our camera.

: which temple has got gopurams on all the four entrances next to Madurai

Yes, it is also small wonder that standing ahead of the "sthalavritcham" in the prakaram, you can view all the 9 gopurams. Unfortunately, we could not capture it in our camera.

You can get a wonderful view of the Temple complex if you climb upto Skandasramam on
the hills.
http://www.travel247.tv/india/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Skandasramam-Thiruvannamalai.jpg

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back