• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Where's the Tawakkol Karmans of India? She is a Yemani (age 32)i, awarded Nobel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All:

Tawakkol has made new history... this is a watershed moment.. I very much admire her spine, guts and stamina to stand up against all the atrocities of the male dominated politics and culture in Yeman.

Where are those women in India? There got to be dozens of Karmans in India!! Where are they?

Sisters, rise up and rock the boat, for it's too late. Your voices are silenced in the name of God & Culture by the malignancies of Male Supremacy in India.

People, voice your views here!

:)

Tawakel Karman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Dear Thiru.Yamaka,
Perhaps you would not have read about a Muslim Girl in Kashmir,who fought with the terrorists and succeeded in driving them away.
The terrorists had entered her house with Guns.They wanted to take away the young girl(as they usually do)to rape the girl.The girl's parents were helpless.
The girl 's courage and presence of mind was appreciated by the J & K Govt and rewarded suitably.
There are a number of "Jhansi ki Ranis" in India.They exhibit their valour in times of emergent situations.Most of the cases do not get publicity.That is the real situation in Free India

Last edited:
Dear Thiru.Yamaka,
Perhaps you would not have read about a Muslim Girl in Kashmir,who fought with the terrorists and succeeded in driving them away.
The terrorists had entered her house with Guns.They wanted to take away the young girl(as they usually do)to rape the girl.The girl's parents were helpless.
The girl 's courage and presence of mind was appreciated by the J & K Govt and rewarded suitably.
There are a number of "Jhansi ki Ranis" in India.They exhibit their valour in times of emergent situations.Most of the cases do not get publicity.That is the real situation in Free India

Dear Krish Sir:

I have heard many stories like that Muslim girl.

However, what Tawakkol achieved is this -

She was born and raised in a comfortable household; her father is a lawyer and a diplomat in the Govt. She could have chosen " a fabulous near risk free" life.

Instead, she chose to get into Women's Causes against extreme odds and danger to her own life. Her bravery was noticed by the Sponsors of the Nobel Peace Prize; many send in their Recommendations and she received the Award.

I feel, maybe some of you disagree with me, Arundhati Roy - the Booker Winner (?) - who writes about the wretched lives of poor people of W Bengal and other places and fight for their causes, may be Nominated from India.

Indian Govt and others want to silence her "with Sedition" charges! Her life is in constant danger by police and others in Authority. She is against Anna Hazare's NGO hijacking the Mass Movement for their own advantage!

She must persevere thru all odds and break open the System, somehow.

Where are the others of her caliber and tongue?

Anyone from the TB?

Cheers.

A Tamil Brahmin is in the West Indies cricket team now playing with India.
I saw his photo wearing 'Poonal' and performing Sandya vandanam.He studied in Padma Seshadri School.His father wanted him to study Engineering in Guindy Engg college,but he wanted to become a fast Bowler,immigrated to West Indies and by his hard work got into the W.I cricket team.
A good achievement by a Tamil Brahmin Iyer.
Ps' this is just for information.
Dear Thiru.Yamaka,
Arundati Roy is a controvertial person in India.So she has to be supported by western countries for ulterior motives.
Will you as an American Citizen openly propagate that California State should be annexed with Mexico?

Last edited:
dear BK,

is what arundhathi roy saying not true? are they all lies? is medha patkar lying too?

afaik, arundhati is as anti west as one could be. she claims that she is speaking for the disenfranchised, like the people who are displaced by the narmada dam, or the tribals of jharkand & orissa..

i have past few days, posted about the dalit girls of bihar and how the deck is stacked against them for a decent life.

folks like us, who are educated, urban and comfortably placed, may not know about the other india. arundhati, could have enjoyed the fruits of her booker, and spent time writing another book in the comfort of her home. instead she is on the streets and fields leading demonstrations. all for some lies? for western paymasters?

BK, you and I, should atleast empathize with the disenfranchised of india; just imagine, if you walked side by side with arundhati - bet you would do so many folks in your family proud :)

I saw his photo wearing 'Poonal' and performing Sandya vandanam.He studied in Padma Seshadri School.His father wanted him to study Engineering in Guindy Engg college,but he wanted to become a fast Bowler,immigrated to West Indies and by his hard work got into the W.I cricket team.
Dear Thiru.Yamaka,
Arundati Roy is a controvertial person in India.So she has to be supported by western countries for ulterior motives.
Will you as an American Citizen openly propagate that California State should be annexed with Mexico?

Dear Krish Sir:

Yes, Arundhati Roy (not confused with Aruna Roy) is a very controversial writer and activist. She may be taken to jail anytime by the Nationalists!

She is standing in solidarity with the poor and the powerless - about 1000 million poor and powerless Indians.

And, the other 100-200 million "affluent" Indians are opposing her for her guts, her clarity on issues and her willingness to uncover the corrupt consciousness of the power elites.

I see you are against her!

West has no ulterior motives, except to honor and encourage the Valiant Fighters of the Society - be it Liu Xiabo of China or Tawakkol Karman of Yeman...

You may have to introspect on your bias against the West, and what exactly most of the affluent Indians (like yourself) have been doing in the past atleast 100 years!

Cheers.

Dear Thiru.Yamaka,
I agree with you that I cannot appreciate any person from any 'Nationality' if he/she is not honest to the Nation where they live as citizens.
Indian Parliament had passed a resolution that J &K is an integral Part of India and the Nation has to take back that portion called 'Azad Kashmir' from illegal occupation.
As a citizen of India,I would like to go by that Resolution of Indian Parliament.
I strongly believe that Freedom to speech(including written)also carries with it some responsibility.

Dear Thiru.Yamaka,

sammy-sandhi.jpg

:) :)

BK you have been tricked. the 'unreal times' is a spoof magazine..whose imagination goes wild. i cannot believe the number of tambrams who really believed it. something very pathetic about us, wanting sports heroes?

-west-indian-cricket-captain-darren-sammy-is-a-tam-bahm/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back