• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Where are we going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Hariji,

Thanks for the long explanation. I think KRSji is right. It should the left wing rather than the right!

I understand your anguish against history. Yet it keeps creeping up (or should I say repeating itself)!

About those 'Brahmin haters' sometimes it is better to leave them to rant and rave. Nothing can be done to change them. They would lose their steam in time. "madhiyaadhaar thalai vaasal midhikkavendaam"!

Dear Nachi Sir,

Now the entire community is in the grip of this. As I said earlier the person whose children do not stay abroad has no status in the community. You are Persona Non Grata. This mostly affects the middle class who are the back bone of the community.
My sense is things started changing already. I think a reverse brain drain is in the offiing. There will be less and less people going abroad. There isn't much out there to go for. Didn't we see a drop after Y2K?

India is getting stronger and would need all the intelligentsia it produces. The only obstacle is the corrupt politician who is uncontrollable. A supreme court judge recently lamented that its verdicts flouted almost in toto! This constitution from day one has allowed gangsters to grab the Presidency and the parliament to isolate the judiciary. That is not good for the nation.

Dear Sri Nacchinarkiniyan Ji,

Please do not give up. You are also, in my opinion effectively controlling the flow of your threads by reminding folks to stick to the topic.

I have lived most of my adult life abroad, got married here and raised my children here. I woke up to my religion only very late in my life. My children were not raised rigorously in it and when we followed our customs and traditions, it was not done with proper understanding.

But now that they have grown up I can clearly see their 'genes' goading them to understand their father's culture well.

I recently went to a day long ceremony here in USA. There was agni yajna and I was astonished to find about four 'vadhiars' (out of seven) who were all very young (about 30 to 35), reciting all the matras from memory! Almost all of them have day jobs in IT or whatever!

Somehow, I am not that pessimistic about the future of our culture.

Pranams,
KRS

All the threads in this forum are being hijacked by the protagonists of the so called Vedic culture. If in every thread there are going to be only posts of persecution of Tamil Brahmins and how all problems would be solved by going back to the Veda Patashala, there does not seem to be much point in posting here.

Thank you.

Where are we going

Dear Sri Nacchinarkiniyan,

You need not, sir, feel despondent. All our Tamil Brahmins are intrinsically
sound and are keen to know what our Sanatana Dharma is .

Whenever they come to India on holidays, they visit Temples and Ashrams
of the Great Ones of yester-years. They want to learn our Vedas and
some gentlemen and ladies have evinced interest in Vedanta. They visit
Veda Patasalas and listen to the chanting of Rudram, Chamakam,
Mahanyasam etc by the young vidyarthis.

Even in our country I have come across some retired people learning
Vedam from the qualified Pundits.

On certain matters like inter-caste marriage, divorce etc., I agree with
what you say. But , overall, things are not very bad.

Anyway, It is good to read your messages.

>>My only worry is about getting good flowers for the Puja in the morning.<<

Shri Nacchinarkiniyan

You are worrying about flower's and i was trying to figure out what your moniker means.You are a flowerfull moniker.When i just saw what Nacchinar means.Though Shri Subramaniam has given a very fantastic meaning,which i am thinking is correct.The flower thingy is too much ...:)

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back