• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

When should the actual Shrardam be performed?

My mother's Pratyaaptiga Srardam falls on Uttarayana, Makara Masa, Shukla Paksha, Dwadasi Thiti. But in year 2022, on 14.01.2022, Margazhi maada 30th day falls, but Thithi is Dwadasi , but Makara Masam is not born. It also appears that Uttarayana Punyakalam falls on this day at around 2:43 PM.
Subsequently on 13.02.2022 when next Shukla paksha Dwadasi Thithi occurs, Maasi masam is born and "Thai" madam is gone. So practically no Shukla paksha Dwadasi thithi in Makara masam of "Pilava" varusham happens.
So when should I perform my mother's annual srardam in the year 2022 ( Pilava Varusham in Tamil calendar)?
If some Pundits can clarify my doubt, I shall be grateful to them. (Reply in "[email protected])

Please wait for the panchangam 21-22 particularly pambu panchangam to be released. In that in last line of each page they will say when should it be done when such situation arises.

ஸெளரமான மாதத்தில் சிராத்த திதி இல்லாவிட்டால் சாந்திரமான மாதப்படி திதி வரும். தை மாதத்தில் இதில் செய்ய வேண்டும். சாந்திரமான தை மாதம் ஜனவரி 3 ஆம் தேதி முதல் ஜனவரி 31ம் தேதி வர உள்ளது. 14-1-22 அன்று சாந்திரமான தை மாதம் இதில் செய்யலாம்.

Please wait for the panchangam 21-22 particularly pambu panchangam to be released. In that in last line of each page they will say when should it be done when such situation arise
The copy of the pambu panchangam margazhi month page is enclosed and you can see the last line
Screenshot_2021-02-14-13-45-02-662_com.amazon.kindle.jpg

My mother's Pratyaaptiga Srardam falls on Uttarayana, Makara Masa, Shukla Paksha, Dwadasi Thiti. But in year 2022, on 14.01.2022, Margazhi maada 30th day falls, but Thithi is Dwadasi , but Makara Masam is not born. It also appears that Uttarayana Punyakalam falls on this day at around 2:43 PM.
Subsequently on 13.02.2022 when next Shukla paksha Dwadasi Thithi occurs, Maasi masam is born and "Thai" madam is gone. So practically no Shukla paksha Dwadasi thithi in Makara masam of "Pilava" varusham happens.
So when should I perform my mother's annual srardam in the year 2022 ( Pilava Varusham in Tamil calendar)?
If some Pundits can clarify my doubt, I shall be grateful to them. (Reply in "[email protected])
பாம்பு பஞ்சாங்க பிலவ வருஷ தை மாத பக்கத்தில் உள்ள குறிப்பு: 'மார்கழி மாத சுக்ல பட்ச துவாதசியும் தை மாத சுக்ல பட்ச துவாதசியு திதியையும் தை 1ம் தேதி (ஜனவரி 14ம் தேதி) அன்று அனுஷ்டிக்க வேண்டும்'

My father passed away on 2nd march 1993, by 8pm in Chennai, iam performing Stratham yearly but i feel the vaadhyar mentioned date may be wrong so some on clarify my doubt at earliest, for the mentioned details this year 2021 when i have to perform yearly Stratham. what thidhi and paksham also.

I have always wondered: what will happen if all those rituals, which are considered customary, are not petformed? Do I lose caste and gothra thereby? Who declares the excommunication? Will that loss be something to be worried about in these days of mega urban living in anonymous conditions? Is my soul, that is, if I have a soul, going to go to hell, that is, if there is a hell, or going to born again and again in a cycle of births and deaths and that too in more and more wrethched conditions on earth, as cursed by my ancestors or the gods or as imagined generally -- without my being able to connect the causality of my life situation with my previous karma in my own life time? Or, is it a fact that I am I just another person caught in a belief system created by an ancient society that has now become increasingly disorganized, disoriented and at present worships only wealth and comfort and does not really care to know where it is headed -- which may be, for the most part, salvation in its own way in this life or, as cursed, damnation forever, whatever that may stand for?

I have always wondered: what will happen if all those rituals, which are considered customary, are not petformed? Do I lose caste and gothra thereby? Who declares the excommunication? Will that loss be something to be worried about in these days of mega urban living in anonymous conditions? Is my soul, that is, if I have a soul, going to go to hell, that is, if there is a hell, or going to born again and again in a cycle of births and deaths and that too in more and more wrethched conditions on earth, as cursed by my ancestors or the gods or as imagined generally -- without my being able to connect the causality of my life situation with my previous karma in my own life time? Or, is it a fact that I am I just another person caught in a belief system created by an ancient society that has now become increasingly disorganized, disoriented and at present worships only wealth and comfort and does not really care to know where it is headed -- which may be, for the most part, salvation in its own way in this life or, as cursed, damnation forever, whatever that may stand for?

For a change, we got a really nice video answering the questions, rather than the usual CnP jobs (including Kareena Kapoor Khan's befitting reply to the loss of gotram) which we are usually accustomed to in this forum.

my mother passed away on 2nd dec 2020 at 7.00pm at visakhapatnam.
i would like to know the monthly shraadha dates/ yearly shraadha to be performed.

my mother passed away on 2nd dec 2020 at 7.00pm at visakhapatnam.
i would like to know the monthly shraadha dates/ yearly shraadha to be performed.
A general dates can be seen with soura panchangam dates, However there are some criteria's such as Masikam cannot be performed on Kartrus Janma nakshtram ... etc. In general the Vadyar who conducted the 13 days rituals will provide a list of dates. Better to consult him.

Latest ads

Back