• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

when is sri krishna jayanthi 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aiyyo!! For Lord Krishna's B'day itself we have division?LOL

Sowbagyavathy Renuka, Greetings.

When the thithi falls twice in the same Tamizh month, such confusions take place. For some odd reasons, I notice Smarthas choose the earlier date while Vaishnavas choose the later date. But in the case of Karthikai pournami Deepam, everyone follows Smartha's decision.. In my area, Annamalai Deepam was the day everyone followed.

Cheers!

hi renu
amaam lahhhh...both dates are correct....

Better I pray to Lord Krishna and ask Him which date is His B'day.

Hopefully He does not angrily tell me "Hey what B'day for Me..I am Ajah(unborn)!!"

Better I pray to Lord Krishna and ask Him which date is His B'day.

Hopefully He does not angrily tell me "Hey what B'day for Me..I am Ajah(unborn)!!"

Renuka,

I can't imagine Krishna getting angry..... I know the answer without asking him! It is everyday! We may celeberate Krishna's birthday everyday and make a feast of it, if we can. Or do whatever we can. It's all in our mind.

Cheers!

Sowbagyavathy Renuka, Greetings.

When the thithi falls twice in the same Tamizh month, such confusions take place. For some odd reasons, I notice Smarthas choose the earlier date while Vaishnavas choose the later date. But in the case of Karthikai pournami Deepam, everyone follows Smartha's decision.. In my area, Annamalai Deepam was the day everyone followed.

Cheers!
in whatever day it may occur .are they prepare the snacks in their home or purchasing from sweet stall ? for naivetyam whta they will do ? only avul and milk ?
many people prepare for the sake of telling others that they celebrated krishna jayanthi ?their health consciousness not permit to eat and their ego not permit it to distribute to others .
guruvayurappan

I always like the Vaishnavite calculation of Krishna jayanthi. They take into consideration star ROhiNi in AvaNi month.

The smarthAs consider the ashtami thithi, after their yajur upAkarma on the full moon day, which follows Adi amAvasai!

Somehow I feel bad about the birthday being calculated with ashtami thithi! :tsk:

Dear Renu's post 6 makes me laugh. As per pambu panchangam 9.8.2012 is Krishna jayanthi. What if 8th or 9th we eat seedai, Murukku and somasi on both days. Our idea is to prepare some thing special and eat in the name of festival. Other wise god is immortal.

This http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/genera...sri-krishna-jayanthi-2012-a-2.html#post150783 makes remarks about thithi's being used for birthdays (and not nakshtrams!)

IMHO smArthas are consistent! :)
Ganesh Chathurthi comes in chathurthi thithi -
Rama Navami (birth of Lord Rama) also comes in navami thithi - The birthday celebrations for gods is more treated as a festival celebration (in Hindu Calendar System - at least as practiced for the past n - number of years Hindu calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).
List of Hindu festivals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The SreeRama Navami festival falls in the Shukla Paksha on theNavami, the ninth day of the month of Chaitra in the Hindu calendar

Dear Prof. M S K Sir,

May be, God's birthday is celebrated considering the thithi,
since we humans celebrate considering the birth star!! :decision:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back