• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What should I feed to cows, crows and dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Astrology-related)
What should I feed to cows, crows and dogs?
I gave cow and crows some bread (pao roti) sold in shops, but they didn't eat it.
I gave a dog some nan roti+sugar, but it didn't eat it.

They are having inbuild static brain/mind configuration. They can like and eat only that they are programed with, unless they been forcefully trained by humans, but with love, as our pets.

As per astrological remedies (as you are seeking astology related answers), offer cooked rice to Crow; banana / leafy stuffs to Cow; to Dog give anything except sweets, roti, bread, chocolates and anything else that are sticky.

Crows are fed as per their eating habits, to please Saneeswarn
Cows are fed as per their eating habits, to please Guru/Sukran
Dogs are fed as per their eating habits, to please Rahu

To please Chandran/Sukran and receive the grace of Goddess, please femals by offering sweets
To please Sun/Guru, offer food and or any kind of charity to any human beings
To please Mars, and get his grace to be couragious and energitic/optimistic to fulfill endeavors, offer technical trade related supports or items(metalic) or anything that is used for cutting, chopping etc
To please Budhan, offer text books and other related stuffs to students

There are many other objects to offer as remedial measures for each planets, based on the purpose of remedy..

They are having inbuild static brain/mind configuration. They can like and eat only that they are programed with, unless they been forcefully trained by humans, but with love, as our pets.

As per astrological remedies (as you are seeking astology related answers), offer cooked rice to Crow; banana / leafy stuffs to Cow; to Dog give anything except sweets, roti, bread, chocolates and anything else that are sticky.

Crows are fed as per their eating habits, to please Saneeswarn
Cows are fed as per their eating habits, to please Guru/Sukran
Dogs are fed as per their eating habits, to please Rahu

To please Chandran/Sukran and receive the grace of Goddess, please femals by offering sweets
To please Sun/Guru, offer food and or any kind of charity to any human beings
To please Mars, and get his grace to be couragious and energitic/optimistic to fulfill endeavors, offer technical trade related supports or items(metalic) or anything that is used for cutting, chopping etc
To please Budhan, offer text books and other related stuffs to students

There are many other objects to offer as remedial measures for each planets, based on the purpose of remedy..

truly amazing !!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DrBarani
Feed some Atheists to the Dogs!

Kunjuppu why?

thought of joining here to answer this interesting question..

according to atheists, 'The Powerful Would Survive' and their high priest richard dawkins said, all humans carry 'selfish genes' like their million years era ancestors .

so, the equation goes like this...97% are theists, and going by that rule, let the powerful devor the weak. since cannibalism is not approved with theism, the powerful had decided to leave the weak to the dogs to devour..

its just a joke.. dont take it as offensive... please.

...Feed some Atheists to the Dogs!
No matter how vile a statement is, if there is a smiley at the end, then it is supposed to be ipso facto, a joke -- this is the norm previously advocated. Now, what if the vile and despicable statement ends with an exclamation mark, what would that be? Still a joke?

These jokes are not very funny.

In the past we had our fights, we fought tooth and nail, never giving an inch, and sometimes went off the handle a little bit as well. But, IMO, this is a new low. Is this what we want to be?

Only the members can decide.

Cheers!

I wonder is it right to feed a dog food that is not with accordance with its Dharma?
A dog is not meant to be a Vegetarian.
Even though I am a vegetarian I never deny a dog or cat of its Dharmic meal.

If any of you have aversion handling meat for animals may be you can buy Dog Food which contains meat nuggets for example Friskies.It doesnt smell like meat.

I have no problems handling any sorts of meat(even though i am veg and dont cook non veg at home) becos nothing smells worse than a decomposed human corpse.

No matter how vile a statement is, if there is a smiley at the end, then it is supposed to be ipso facto, a joke -- this is the norm previously advocated.

Cheers!

alright!.. but sir, you perceived the same smiley in your own convenient way too, & went on to portray a 'smiley' as silly putty et al..

ref below, this is what you said about using smiley, in another thread.

NARA::Further, you can write any vulgar expletive, but it must be taken as a joke as long as a smiley is put at the end. This "superior" logic is like silly putty, you can mold it to suit whatever is the need of the hour.

post no 317

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/general-discussions/6798-god-exists-32.html#post86891

s
hould i remind again, that, 12 inches only can measure a foot scale?

:) :) :) ..sad,even this forum software doesnt allow more that 4 smileys...

saying goes, 'give the taste of their own medicine'

One can give green grass or pongal on green plaintain leaves. Crows feed on filth. But if you feed with them pazhaya saadam the pitrus will be happy. Give dog pedigree biscuits and meat pieces. But unlike man, they do not eat anything at any time. I have seen sincere vegetarian or rather Jain dog. It will eat only what the masters eat and observe strict upvas whenever they do.

I wonder is it right to feed a dog food that is not with accordance with its Dharma?
A dog is not meant to be a Vegetarian.
Even though I am a vegetarian I never deny a dog or cat of its Dharmic meal.

If any of you have aversion handling meat for animals may be you can buy Dog Food which contains meat nuggets for example Friskies.It doesnt smell like meat.

I have no problems handling any sorts of meat(even though i am veg and dont cook non veg at home) becos nothing smells worse than a decomposed human corpse.

Dear Renuka,

You are right that a animal should be fed with what it likes the most as its part of natural order of living etc..

As I love animals and wish to pet a dog from my childhood, I would love my pet dog as much as I would love any human and offer what the dogs naturally likes, like meat / meat products.

But when we go for remedial measures as per astrology we have to be saatvik and generally we suggest veg. foods. Because basically we consider feeding to animals as offering to planets. At the same time a human with Nov.Veg. eating habits if offers meat to Dog, considering pleasing Rahu with his true bakthi, that is considered perfect too..

ravi, renu,

i think the thread originator, was looking for religious significance in feeding these animals and bird, with a view to fulfilling rituals and attaining a certain sense of satisfaction.

in that context, i am reminded of daily feed of crows by my dad, throughout his lifetime, at around 7:30 am. a certain set of crows used to crowd the tree tops, and it was never an issue.

issue cropped up, when, on thevasam days, somedays during the hot afternoons, may through july, crows would rather rest at noon, than seek out food, or they would have already had their fill. it used to upset my mom no end, when no crow would appear to gobble the pindam, and the poor lady used to go to ridiculous lengths, to imitate cawing to attract the bloody bird's attention. all of which were sometimes no avail. as a result, she would not partake of the food.

somewhere there, i lost my faith, that a crow represented an ancestor who has to be satisfied. the ancestors i knew, and who became pithrus, were flawed, in my opinion to the extent of dishonesty and racism, that i could not in all honesty, look upon them, as role models, and furthermore, endeavour to further the cause of their pithrus...i think it is best they face the consequences of their actions.

which is why, i wrote a note sangom, how in this age, of so much book knowledge, one places one's faith on salvation, based on what to feed a dog, a crow or a cow.

incidentally, my aunt, follows the lizard josiyam (palli) and drives us all nuts with how she interprets that wrethched thing's behaviour. except that there are usually about half a dozen in the room, doing diametrically opposite things. my favourite palli is the one, that gobbles up a large karappu (karayan in tamil, cockroach in english) - an nice juicy one, with an shiny orange wings, and large sizzling antlers :)

ravi, renu,

You left me out! But I am going to jump into this thread shamelessly :)

i think the thread originator, was looking for religious significance in feeding these animals and bird, with a view to fulfilling rituals and attaining a certain sense of satisfaction.

Many species are quasi-symbiotic with humans. There are 'domestic' crows and 'wild' crows. The domestic crows live near humans. It is not clear why such species that are so far apart in evolution and genetics will choose to stay nearby. At least we can understand dogs (mammals) if they want to be near humans.

These have been (without written rules) analyzed by our ancestors. The "pitru" doesn't have to be great grandfather. It can mean "up in evolutionary tree". It has become the responsibility of humans to care for the species around him. Losing those species will mean loss of an important evolutionary link. These responsibilities are translated into a tradition.

in that context, i am reminded of daily feed of crows by my dad, throughout his lifetime, at around 7:30 am. a certain set of crows used to crowd the tree tops, and it was never an issue.

issue cropped up, when, on thevasam days, somedays during the hot afternoons, may through july, crows would rather rest at noon, than seek out food, or they would have already had their fill. it used to upset my mom no end, when no crow would appear to gobble the pindam, and the poor lady used to go to ridiculous lengths, to imitate cawing to attract the bloody bird's attention. all of which were sometimes no avail. as a result, she would not partake of the food.

somewhere there, i lost my faith, that a crow represented an ancestor who has to be satisfied. the ancestors i knew, and who became pithrus, were flawed, in my opinion to the extent of dishonesty and racism, that i could not in all honesty, look upon them, as role models, and furthermore, endeavour to further the cause of their pithrus...i think it is best they face the consequences of their actions.

which is why, i wrote a note sangom, how in this age, of so much book knowledge, one places one's faith on salvation, based on what to feed a dog, a crow or a cow.

You see, modern man may have developed better scientitic tools, more refined methods of application of that science to "useful means". But there is something that he can't duplicate - which is the collective intelligence of thousands of generations of capable minds that went into investigations of these topics. It will be a dishonour to their memories to deem their practices as meaningless, simply because one hasn't spent enough time to find correlations between rituals and beliefs.

Cows : agaththi keerai /grass, punnakku.
dogs : anything which it likes, some are fussy
Crows : yel saatham.

In Madras suburbs, cows eat polythene bags and all rubbish by the roadside.
Cruel milk-vendors !

hi
before food cows/crows....after food dog ..shesham...cow is gomata.....crows are pitrus....dog represents dharma...human animals

has to learn to live other animals.....dogs always with dattatreya......live and let live,...very simple

regards
tbs

Kunjappu sir probably the whole idea was to suggest take care of the animals and leave something for them,too. By the way the word karappu is also the Tamil name or otherwise called karappaanpoochchi. Karayaan is different which feed on damp old walls and old tree trunks. We feed them but we do have plans to annihilate them if they become menacing.

Hi All,
Are these are the correct English of the food :
raw makai = raw corn
pindam = mass / heap

Also , I want to know the English names of these food:
pongal, pazhaya saadam , agaththi keerai , punnakku , yel saatham

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back