• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What is urgently required at present for Brahmin Community ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
3. As for brahmin unity and organization, it would be better if the members who come here speaking about organising the brahmins go and join an existing organisation of brahmins and contribute their mite there. The tendency on the part of brahmins to have a pocket borough each is notorious. Why not join a local bhajan mandali, seva group, satkalakshepa sabha, brahmin association, ganesh mandali, kalakshepa ghoshti in vishnu temples, Kotha ghoshti in vaishnavite neighbourhoods and offer the services to the community. Instead of each one starting a new organization, it would be worth your while to join an existing one and then try to organise in a bigger way by uniting the members and making it become a larger statelevel or nation level organisation taking in like minded other brahmins organisations. There are thousands of such organisations there. Dont add a thousandoneth to this list.

Sir,

I am in favour of this suggestion. Instead of going in for a new Charity/Trust, etc to help the needy, this assistance can be well organized combining with the existing ones.

AFAIK the Tamil Nadu Brahmins Association is organizing (1) Samashti Upanayam, (2) Samashti Vivahams, (3) Educational aid on merit cum means basis (4) Marriage aid to poor and Medical aid to the deserving poor (5) Establish and run senior citizen Homes exclusively for Brahmins, (6)
Vasthra dhanam to the poor and meeting the cost of Aparakaryam of the helpless, etc among other activities and services. The Branch of our area is doing a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
இது தான் நம் பிராமண சமுதாயத்தின் உண்மையான வெளிப்பாடு. எதை சொன்னாலும், எதை எடுத்தாலும் அதை பற்றி ஆராய்ச்சி செய்து அதை பற்றி விமரிசனம் செய்வதே நம் பழக்கம். எதையும் சிந்திக்காமல் உள் வாங்கிகொள்ளும் பழக்கம் நம்மிடையே கிடையாது.

எத்தனை பேர் எத்தனை விதமான விமரிசனம் செய்து வருகிறார்கள் என்று சற்று கூர்ந்து கவனித்தால் நமக்கு ஒரு சில உண்மைகள் விளங்கும்.

ஆராய்ச்சி செய்து பயணுள்ள செய்திகளை விமரிசனமாக கொடுத்து, சொல்லப்பட்ட கருத்துக்களை மேம்படுத்த உதவுவோர் சிலர். இவர்களது பங்கு positive contribution ஆகும்.

சொல்லப்பட்ட கருத்திற்கு என்ன என்ன குறைகள் உண்டோ அதை மட்டும் சொல்லுவோர் சிலர். இவர்கள் குறை காண்பதில் கில்லாடிகள். எதை சொன்னாலும் அதில் குறையை மட்டுமே காண்பார்கள். அதை விமரிசனம் செய்து பெயர் வாங்க முயற்சி செய்வார்கள். நோகாமல்நொங்கு எடுப்பவர்கள் இவர்கள். இவர்களது பங்கு negative contribution ஆகும்.

இதில் எது ஒசத்தி / உயர்ந்தது என்றால் தீர்ப்பு சொல்வது கடினம். இரண்டுமே அவசியமாக இருக்கிறது. குறைகள் சொன்னால்தானே அதை நிவர்த்தி செய்து அதை மேலும் வளர்த்து perfection என்ற நிலைக்கு வர முடியும்.

ஆக இப்போது புரிகிறதா கடவுள் ஏன் இரண்டு இரண்டாக எல்லாவற்றயும் படைத்தது இருக்கிறார் என்று. இரவு, பகல் - பாவம், புண்ணியம் - நல்லது, கெட்டது - சூரியன், சந்திரன்.

இப்போது இறுதி கட்ட முடிவுக்கு வருவோம். Postivie நல்லதா / negative நல்லதா ?? நாம் தற்போது செய்ய வேண்டியது என்ன ?

ஆரோகியமான வளர்ச்சிக்கு இரண்டுமே அவசியம். இரண்டையுமே சரியான விகிதத்தில் balance செய்ய வேண்டும். என்னை கேட்டல் சரியான விகிதம் + 75% negative 25% என்று சொல்வேன் . இது நான் அனுபவபூர்வமாக கண்டுகொண்ட உண்மை.

ஆனால் நம் ப்ராமண சமுதாயத்தில் negative aspect தான் அதிகமாக தென் படுகிறது. இன்னும் சொன்ன போனால் நேர் எதிர் விகிதத்தில் இருக்கிறது. Negative 75% postive 25%.

பிராமண சமுதாய மக்களே உங்களது போக்கில் மாற்றம் உடனடி அவசியமாகிறது. சரி விகிதத்திற்கு கொண்டுவாருங்கள் . Postive contribution கொடுத்து ஆரோகியமான வளர்ச்சிக்கு உதவுங்கள் என்று கேட்டு கொள்கிறேன்.

உடனடி தேவை - (1) சமத்துவம் (2) சகோதரத்துவம் (3) ஒற்றுமை (4) விட்டு கொடுக்கும் மனப்பான்மை (5) பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளுதல்(6) மற்றவர்களுக்கு பணமாவகவோ / உடல் உழைப்பின் மூலமோ உதவி செய்வது. பிராமண சமுதாயமே விழித்துக்கொள்.
hi

நீங்கள் சொல்வது உண்மை தான்.....எப்பொழுதும் எல்லா விஷயத்திலும் இரண்டு

பக்கங்கள் உண்டு.....உங்கள் வருத்தம் புரிகிறது....உண்மை

என்னவென்றால் நமது சமுதாயத்தில் ஒரே மாதிரியான ஆச்சர்யரோ

அல்லது பெரிய ஒரு மனிதரோ இல்லை....நம்ம சமுதாயம் பலவிதம்...

இயர் மற்றும் இய்யங்கார் முதல் இரண்டு பிரிவுக்குள் ...இதில் உள்ப்ரிரிவிகுள்

இன்னும் அதிகம்....இப்படி பட்ட சமுதாயத்தில் ஒரே மாதிரியான ஒதுஒருமித

கருத்து என்பது மிகவும் கடினம்...பல நூற்றாண்டு காலம் பலவிதமான

பரிணாமங்களே நாம் சந்தித்து இருக்கிறோம்...இப்போழ்து நாம் வாழும் காலம்

வேறு...யத்தா யத்தா ஹாய் தர்மஸ்ய க்லானிர் பவதி

பாரதா....என்ற கீதை வாக்கிய படி நம்ம தர்மம் ஒரு போதும் ஒரே

மாதிரியாக இருந்ததில்லை ....காலம் மாறும் ...காட்ழிகளும் மாறும்...

Last edited:
hi

நீங்கள் சொல்வது உண்மை தான்.....எப்பொழுதும் எல்லா விஷயத்திலும் இரண்டு

பக்கங்கள் உண்டு.....உங்கள் வருத்தம் புரிகிறது....உண்மை

என்னவென்றால் நமது சமுதாயத்தில் ஒரே மாதிரியான ஆச்சர்யரோ

அல்லது பெரிய ஒரு மனிதரோ இல்லை....நம்ம சமுதாயம் பலவிதம்...

இயர் மற்றும் இய்யங்கார் முதல் இரண்டு பிரிவுக்குள் ...இதில் உள்ப்ரிரிவிகுள்

இன்னும் அதிகம்....இப்படி பட்ட சமுதாயத்தில் ஒரே மாதிரியான ஒதுஒருமித

கருத்து என்பது மிகவும் கடினம்...பல நூற்றாண்டு காலம் பலவிதமான

பரிணாமங்களே நாம் சந்தித்து இருக்கிறோம்...இப்போழ்து நாம் வாழும் காலம்

வேறு...யத்தா யத்தா ஹாய் தர்மஸ்ய க்லானிர் பவதி

பாரதா....என்ற கீதை வாக்கிய படி நம்ம தர்மம் ஒரு போதும் ஒரே

மாதிரியாக இருந்ததில்லை ....காலம் மாறும் ...காட்ழிகளும் மாறும்...
Great post.
Kalngalum ,kaatchikalum mari vittana

we need not imagine non existent barriers in intermixing of communities.

the barriers are self imposed and youhgsters will break them if we keep quiet incase we do not support them

they will create a new society with equitable distribution of work, gender justice and give and take

we senior citizen can aid their endeavours for a more just society .

brahmins need to give the lead in this as they are in top of the caste pyramid burying their inter personal differences.

Hey chandruji
I am talking authoritatively as an Iyengar

I think you are an emotionally driven person.

I never asked your caste and sub sect.

If you have any iyer girls to offer for marriage , I shall incorporate them in an iyengar family if they promise not to scoot of after getting married .

Will this convince you?

You have not correctly understood my statement on Iyer - Iyengar amalgamation. When I am not in favour of Iyer - Iyengar alliances, since there are lot of ideological differences, apart from contradictions in the pattern of worship, without a common code, it will be a futile exercise. Hence, recommending Iyer girls for your incorporation is out of the question.

If that is the case, why do you expect me to recommend Iyer girls? Since you are very particular about this amalgamation, you please take the initiative of putting PILLAIYAR SUZHI by arranging alliances for the unmarried Thenkalai girls with Iyer boys of various sub sects. You announce in this forum itself.

I know you come across the saying that one who preaches should practice.

Rishikesan Ji,

Don’t fall victim to such posts by responding. Hope you would not have forgotten the lesson learnt thro’ your proposal in earlier thread. There is a group which will start again to make fun of serious things under the guise of analysis, feasibility, opposition, etc. etc., They are really good at that.
Ignore such lip service.

Very wise comment! I cannot relate to the thread but I cannot understand why one or two like to derail discussions (this is my observation in limited time I am participating)

Chandruji

I never say anything which I do not believe in

You had mentioned that in post #24 'Only an iyengar member can tell the reality of the situation " commenting on my post and suggesting by implication that I am not

one,

I am hardly emotional . I face facts better than most.

Sir, you may not be in favour of iyer -iyengar alliances. They take place freely ,all the time.

It is because of availability. Iyengar is a small community in terms of numbers. Inclusion of other brahmins including iyers increases the choice.

Both iyer girls and boys marry iyengars and viceversa . There is no gender issue as such.

My children on a personal level are married to tamil iyers [both boy and girl]

One is a vadama iyer and other is an iyer whose subsect I did not bother to find out.

I will tell you my personal experience when I tried to incorporate one more in my extended family.

The iyer parent was furious saying why I am doing this? . I responded that iyer girls are nice and well educated I do not mind having one more in my family.

The parent abruptly cut me off and walked off.lol

Iyengar girls are smart and impatient.They know what they want . They do not wait for parents to find them matches. They select first and ask parents to rubber stamp

their approval,lol

Great post.
Kalngalum ,kaatchikalum mari vittana

we need not imagine non existent barriers in intermixing of communities.

the barriers are self imposed and youhgsters will break them if we keep quiet incase we do not support them

they will create a new society with equitable distribution of work, gender justice and give and take

we senior citizen can aid their endeavours for a more just society .

brahmins need to give the lead in this as they are in top of the caste pyramid burying their inter personal differences.
hi sir

thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back