• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What is Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article I read in one of the leading Kannada Magazine which I want to Share with my Good Tambra Friends.
Consider a man lives for 60 years. ( Just a base ).
Of which he sleeps for 8 hrs a day , means one third of 24 hrs a day. ie 20 years out of 60 years.
8 hrs working , either attending School as student or attending Office at a later stage. means another 20 years in his life. Left out is 20 years out of 60 years of life span.
Additionally consider 2 hrs every day for travelling to School/ Office means 1/12 of 60 years means 5 years.
Take out this from his life span . 20-5 = 15 years.
additionally a person needs 3 to 5 hrs every day to meet his personnel requirement like Bathing, Food etc. Consider an average of 4 hrs a day means 1/6 of life , that is another 10 years from life span .
Out of 15 years left out deduct this 10 years.
It will be only 5 years.
additionally take into account 1 hour a day for personal additional reasons like Relaxing and plays as kid etc means another 2.5 years gone.
You are not Independent and need somebody to assist you when you are kid atleast upto the age 2 to 3 years.
Takeout these factors from the left out of your life span which is negative 1/2 year
Now tell me friends when and where we are living.

This article I read in one of the leading Kannada Magazine which I want to Share with my Good Tambra Friends.
Of which he sleeps for 8 hrs a day , means one third of 24 hrs a day. ie 20 years out of 60 years.
8 hrs working , either attending School as student or attending Office at a later stage. means another 20 years in his life. Left out is 20 years out of 60 years of life span.
Additionally consider 2 hrs every day for travelling to School/ Office means 1/12 of 60 years means 5 years.
additionally a person needs 3 to 5 hrs every day to meet his personnel requirement like Bathing, Food etc. Consider an average of 4 hrs a day means 1/6 of life , that is another 10 years from life span .
It will be only 5 years.
additionally take into account 1 hour a day for personal additional reasons like Relaxing and plays as kid etc means another 2.5 years gone.
You are not Independent and need somebody to assist you when you are kid atleast upto the age 2 to 3 years.
Takeout these factors from the left out of your life span which is negative 1/2 year

This is what all about life and living.

All that matters are -

1) How good and how bad you felt passing these years to die one day for sure?
2) How and how much you shared with others and allowed others to share with you?
3) How and how much you made others happy and how and how much you made others cry?
4) How much you live for yourself and how much you lived for others?
5) How much could you understand yourself and how much could you understand others?

During all these average 60 years of Sleeping, working, travelling, attending to personal requirements, realxing & playing, learning as dependent learners, could you feel that you are living as a systematically functiioning robot?

The feelings and emotions that we have of our own; influenced by others; influincing others, having basic inbuild human psychology is all about LIFE. This alone is the source of natural living as humans and not as robots.

That is why the pleasures and togetherness can never be measured in material scale. If we do so, than we are mere robots.

It will be only 5 years.

According to me if that negative half year really exists, then that is the period of our life.!:)

Not really Mr. Sangom Sir,
We as Indians especially person living in Karnataka is famous of one saying " Swalpa Adjust madikolli " means please adjust little bit. So we live in that adjustment.
The Gaps available in between all our routine we have to / are adjusting.
The same article second part the author describes the other side.
A Human takes birth with nothing. Leaves for heaven with nothing or given a send off with nothing.
The expenses on him right from day one ( inclusive of the money involved in hospitalisation for delivery ) to the last rites.
If the balance sheet reads nil then he is a normal person and if it reads + side he is a good human and if on negative side ( which is common for most of the Humans ) is considered as useless.

A pessimist is a person who nurtures a consistently negative attitude, expecting the worst of people and of situations. This outlook persists regardless of facts or circumstances that might indicate a more balanced or positive reality. A pessimist relates to the “half emptyglass,” ignoring the fact that the glass is also half full. He or she typically believes that the world in which we live is the worst possible of all worlds and is growing bleaker all the time.Pessimism is a temperamental trait, whereas depression is a clinical disease. In some instances both pessimism and depression might be present, and it might be possible that a consistently pessimistic attitude could lead to depression. In terms of treatment, a pessimist suffers from a habit of thinking negatively that can be willfully changed through treatments like psychotherapy. Persistent depression, on the other hand, is linked to decreased levels of serotonin and typically requires medication.

The life is not all that bad. We have to have a reasonable expectation, and work diligently to achieve it. Unfortunately in our younger days we waste chasing after all wrong goals. When these goals do not provide the expected joy we get disillusioned and blame God, religion, parents, and anything and everything else than ourselves. When we take responsibility of our action and accept the results as they come, our journey will be made that much easier, and friends and family will be thankful for your contribution.

Not really Mr. Sangom Sir,
We as Indians especially person living in Karnataka is famous of one saying " Swalpa Adjust madikolli " means please adjust little bit. So we live in that adjustment.
The Gaps available in between all our routine we have to / are adjusting.
The same article second part the author describes the other side.
A Human takes birth with nothing. Leaves for heaven with nothing or given a send off with nothing.
The expenses on him right from day one ( inclusive of the money involved in hospitalisation for delivery ) to the last rites.
If the balance sheet reads nil then he is a normal person and if it reads + side he is a good human and if on negative side ( which is common for most of the Humans ) is considered as useless.

Shri Krishnamurthy,

My comment was on the jocular side.

Seriously, I think all such talk of how much time was spent on sleep, studies/office work and so on are usual stuff often trying to emphasize that a normal human being does not spend adequate time towards bhakti. The root is the sloka starting "baalastaavat kreedaasakta...".

I personally hold that all human lives are positive and we humans have no qualification or authority to judge whether an individual life served some positive purpose or not. In our daily life we use "HIT" to kill flies, cockroaches, mosquitoes, etc. Is it a good act or bad one? In the same way we cannot pronounce a judgment on even Hitler's life.

So much discussions are going on here about "realized" souls and all that. Just as such "realized" souls are necessary part and parcel of this world, so are criminals, rapists, pick-pockets and everyone else including you and me. That the purpose, if any, of human life is beyond our capacity, is amply demonstrated by the facts that we come empty-handed and crying and we all go empty-handed. காதற்ற ஊசியும் வாராதுகாண் கடைவழிக்கே; then why have all such discussions — do your duty to the best of your abilities and with sincerity, have universal goodwill and die peacefully.

Mr. Sangom Sir,
Sorry as I could not read your reply for quite some time.
The real Statistics of one's life.
A man of 30 years Old.
1. The Oxygen or the good air inhaled by him is enough for a town of population around 10000 is enough for a day.
2. The Good water consumed by him is sufficient for that Town for a Week.
3. The Food consumed by him is enough for that town for a month.

Now tell me what is the returns we have made for this .
என்ன கொண்டு வந்தோம் இழப்பதற்கு
என்ன கொண்டு செல்ல போகிறோம் .எனதென்று .
ஒன்றுமேயில்லை.

Shri Krishnamurthy,

My comment was on the jocular side.

Seriously, I think all such talk of how much time was spent on sleep, studies/office work and so on are usual stuff often trying to emphasize that a normal human being does not spend adequate time towards bhakti. The root is the sloka starting "baalastaavat kreedaasakta...".

I personally hold that all human lives are positive and we humans have no qualification or authority to judge whether an individual life served some positive purpose or not. In our daily life we use "HIT" to kill flies, cockroaches, mosquitoes, etc. Is it a good act or bad one? In the same way we cannot pronounce a judgment on even Hitler's life.

So much discussions are going on here about "realized" souls and all that. Just as such "realized" souls are necessary part and parcel of this world, so are criminals, rapists, pick-pockets and everyone else including you and me. That the purpose, if any, of human life is beyond our capacity, is amply demonstrated by the facts that we come empty-handed and crying and we all go empty-handed. காதற்ற ஊசியும் வாராதுகாண் கடைவழிக்கே; then why have all such discussions — do your duty to the best of your abilities and with sincerity, have universal goodwill and die peacefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back