• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What is cloud computing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than a decade ago, a terabyte of personal online storage would have been nearly unthinkable. Now Google is making a terabyte of cloud storage available for just $10.

Check out Google Drive's new pricing structure announced last week, which now offers the first 15 GB per month for free. For $100 a month, Google offers as much space you could ever need: 10 terabytes or more.
prasadji
since we are users of gmail ,we have got into google drive without realising either the potential or use of it. they said try extra features of google+ and we pressed yes .now all downloads mostly junk train,air ,hotel bookings and credit card monthly statements are in it . of course we recall it from the drive for a printout. we indians ,like anything free. the 15 gb free limits are good enough.simple things become complex without our wanting or realising .
now biswaji is talking of gold etf. with ukraine crisis and chinese downturn ,gold is at all time high.
indian women specially from south and north baniyas like to flaunt their gold in functions like wedding etc. the way artificial jewellery is catching up ,no cloud computing and storage for gold for them

Krish ji,

So you are using GDrive after all! No doubt you have some legitimate junk :)

Back to gold ETF. Suppose you did not have a wife or some other female form conveniently around you. As a male, how would you invest in gold? Who would you hang it on?

Of course you can put gold coins in a locker. But then you may be robbed on your journey to and from the bank. That's how people lose their ill gotten wealth. :)

prasadji
since we are users of gmail ,we have got into google drive without realising either the potential or use of it. they said try extra features of google+ and we pressed yes .now all downloads mostly junk train,air ,hotel bookings and credit card monthly statements are in it . of course we recall it from the drive for a printout. we indians ,like anything free. the 15 gb free limits are good enough.simple things become complex without our wanting or realising .
now biswaji is talking of gold etf. with ukraine crisis and chinese downturn ,gold is at all time high.
indian women specially from south and north baniyas like to flaunt their gold in functions like wedding etc. the way artificial jewellery is catching up ,no cloud computing and storage for gold for them

Krish ji,

So you are using GDrive after all! No doubt you have some legitimate junk :)

Back to gold ETF. Suppose you did not have a wife or some other female form conveniently around you. As a male, how would you invest in gold? Who would you hang it on?

Of course you can put gold coins in a locker. But then you may be robbed on your journey to and from the bank. That's how people lose their ill gotten wealth. :)
look there are two types of gold ,one which you hand over to your loved ones and forget about. Second is an investment option. here also etf do not give much. in india the money is in arbitrage on gold prices due to curbs in gold imports . it is as much as 35 to 40 percent.for couple of lakhs as ornaments for personal use .no duty . for more it is 15percent tax. still it is a good deal. when I was in singapore recently , I met a south indian lady from business community buying a heavy chain reaching from neck to stomach. she confided that it was for investment purposes.where are tamil brahmins in this . they cannot think beyond T nagar and thanga maligai and joy alukkas and buy a coin for akshya tritiya and feel contented

returning to the IT subject, cloud computing is adopted by which sector in a bigway Auto,energy,health care,it companies or any other and how . have they quantified th returns. what is the market in india. are indian IT companies capable of exploiting the oppurtunities in this sector. how many are able to design and make apps suitable for this sector
IMHO, there is more in enterprise mobile management in india than cloud computing. what do the IT geeks say?

It all seems like Greek(Yogurt) and Latin(Salsa) to me.

What is this Cloud Computing?? Seems so complicated...best left to the Techno Geeks!LOL

Rather be singing an easier to understand "Cloud".... "Megha Syama Gana Gagana Sharira..Shanta Brahmamaya Abhayakara"

Last edited:
It all seems like Greek(Yogurt) and Latin(Salsa) to me.

What is this Cloud Computing?? Seems so complicated...best left to the Techno Geeks!LOL

Rather be singing an easier to understand "Cloud".... "Megha Syama Gana Gagana Sharira..Shanta Brahmamaya Abhayakara"

Read the poem on Cloud computing..Hope you are able to get the nuggets of knowledge from this vast cloud!

The Blind Men and the Cloud

It was six men of Info Tech

To learning much inclined,

Who went to see the Cloud

(Though all of them were blind),

That each by observation

Might satisfy his mind

The First approached the Cloud,

So sure that he was boasting

“I know exactly what this is…

This Cloud is simply Hosting.”

The Second grasped within the Cloud,

Saying, “No it’s obvious to me,

This Cloud is grid computing…

Servers working together in harmony!”

The Third, in need of an answer,

Cried, "Ho! I know its source of power

It’s a utility computing solution

Which charges by the hour.”

The Fourth reached out to touch it,

It was there, but it was not

“Virtualization,” said he.

“That’s precisely what we’ve got!”

The Fifth, so sure the rest were wrong

Declared “It’s sass you fools,

Applications with no installation

It’s breaking all the rules!"

The Sixth (whose name was Benioff),

Felt the future he did know,

He made haste in boldly stating,

“This *IS* Web 3.0.”

And so these men of Info Tech

Disputed loud and long,

Each in his own opinion

Exceeding stiff and strong,

Though each was partly in the right,

And all were partly wrong!

Read the poem on Cloud computing..Hope you are able to get the nuggets of knowledge from this vast cloud!

The Blind Men and the Cloud

It was six men of Info Tech

To learning much inclined,

Who went to see the Cloud

(Though all of them were blind),

That each by observation

Might satisfy his mind

The First approached the Cloud,

So sure that he was boasting

“I know exactly what this is…

This Cloud is simply Hosting.”

The Second grasped within the Cloud,

Saying, “No it’s obvious to me,

This Cloud is grid computing…

Servers working together in harmony!”

The Third, in need of an answer,

Cried, "Ho! I know its source of power

It’s a utility computing solution

Which charges by the hour.”

The Fourth reached out to touch it,

It was there, but it was not

“Virtualization,” said he.

“That’s precisely what we’ve got!”

The Fifth, so sure the rest were wrong

Declared “It’s sass you fools,

Applications with no installation

It’s breaking all the rules!"

The Sixth (whose name was Benioff),

Felt the future he did know,

He made haste in boldly stating,

“This *IS* Web 3.0.”

And so these men of Info Tech

Disputed loud and long,

Each in his own opinion

Exceeding stiff and strong,

Though each was partly in the right,

And all were partly wrong!

Dear Vgane ji,

So that means the truth is still enshrouded..none of us really know?
You make the Cloud Computing sound like Brahman!LOL

BTW could not help thinking of the three blind mice nursery rhyme...

Six blind men..Six blind men..
See how they run..see how they run..
They all run after the Techno Cloud..
That confused them with a mighty shroud..
Six Blind men..Six Blind men

Space computing a better name! There are white and black and grey clouds. Unpredictable on delivery, rains, and scattered when needed.

look there are two types of gold ,one which you hand over to your loved ones and forget about. Second is an investment option. here also etf do not give much. in india the money is in arbitrage on gold prices due to curbs in gold imports . it is as much as 35 to 40 percent.for couple of lakhs as ornaments for personal use .no duty . for more it is 15percent tax. still it is a good deal. when I was in singapore recently , I met a south indian lady from business community buying a heavy chain reaching from neck to stomach. she confided that it was for investment purposes.where are tamil brahmins in this . they cannot think beyond T nagar and thanga maligai and joy alukkas and buy a coin for akshya tritiya and feel contented

Krish ji,

Wow! Or as the Delhites would say "Bade shayane nikle aap!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back