• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

what do you make of this kid? of his parents who took and popularized the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

[video=youtube;HUcPeMs871k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUcPeMs871k&feature=player_embedded[/video]

i picked this video from facebook through a couple of fb friends who linked it to youtube.

the kid has the moves and the rhythm. but to me it is sad, that his parents let him grow so fat. fat kids, grow to be fat adults, mostly, and along the way, get mocked, lose their confidence and are prone to all types of sickness.

what to do here?

Dear Kunjuppu,

I also had viewed it on fb...and as i do to most of the videos i just ignored it.

I am not bothered about the child been fat. It is the parents wish and imo we should not intervene. But atleast the minimum that they could have done is...made him wear a tshirt and pant.
Here instead of his moves and lovely steps he plays..no body is observing it and is observing his belly....bcos he has bared it all:)
I am amazed that people are putting anything and everything as talent and gathering likes ahahhahaha.

IPS

dear IPS,

obesity among children, is now the #1 phenomenon in china. some kids may look 'cute' when they are fat, but the fact is, we are laying the foundations of diseases like diabetes and cholesterol and blood pressure.

ideally the child should be within the range of weight, as underweight is not good either. but overweight is worse, for most fat kids, grow to be fat adults. now a days, with small families, parents think, that to feed the kids with whatever junk available, is a show of 'love'. i would call it 'the kiss of death'.

in our own community, have you noticed, how fat many girls look these days? one only has to go to ssmatri.net to view the pix of the girls who are supposedly looking their best in order to hook a guy. it is indeed an eye opener, to note, at a glance, 1/3 of these are chubby maamies, even though they are in their 20s.

parents, i think, have a big responsibiity, to see their children eat right, exercise and get good sleep. studying comes only after that. maybe in our tambram families, nowadays, we do everything ulta?

Dear Kujuppu,

Because of a host of factors, the genetic stock of humans is deteriorating, and that too fast, imo. of late. I read somewhere that boys who look bony and underfed during their young age and trim during their teen ages will have the best reproduction ability ;). May be that was one factor which caused large families (offsprings) among brahmins two or three generations ago.

Give too much fat to the boys and they tend to develop feminine characteristics. On the contrary if a girl is deprived of fat intake during her pubescent years, their fertility is affected. In some rural societies, even today a girl child is given peanuts, molasses and sesamum daily (a handful or so in all) and asked to eat it when she becomes 9 or 10 years. This also shows how wise our uneducated forefathers were.

But today, all such lifestyle has disappeared. The media has replaced traditional wisdom and we now have one brand of complan for almost anything from increasing height to scoring high marks in Mathematics :) Parents are influenced by kids, wife pressurises husband or buys things herself if she has her own income and the aim of most parents is to make their kids chubby babies, chubbier the better. Already the incidence of gynaecomastia is very much on the increase among male tabra children.

This particular boy seems to be conversant with Hindi. Though I can't say what made the parents to publicise this dance, one thing is good, the poor fellow gets some exercise! If fatty food intake is controlled side by side, may be this boy will grow into a tolerably fat young man.

Renuka will be the most suitable authority to comment on this thread, imo.

.... Already the incidence of gynaecomastia is very much on the increase among male tabra children.

This particular boy seems to be conversant with Hindi. .

sangom,

if 'learning hindi' & 'tambram malebooby growing' are related, i guess it is best to avoid learning hindi to maintain your manly features!! ;) who says ignorance does not pay!!

sangom, well, you never know,if this boobs tendency becomes extremely prevalent, we can see more fashionable male brassieres maybe? quite a difference from the current t-shirts and banians, so boring and mundane and so white too!! fashion indeed turns to strange concepts. who would have thought that men would proudly wear pink shirts, just 30 years ago? today it is a wallstreet norm.

seriously speaking, i have been told that the male's potency and sex urges peak at 25,with the prime from 20 through 28. which made sense of men marrying in their early 20s, and female late teens.

now with both genders tending towards 30, we have close to dried out semen count and uterus!

well, this becomes another way to control world population. educate the girls and give them equal opportunity. it has worked such in the west, tendency seen in singpo, and now in tambram community. such is life!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

Last edited:
Dear Kujuppu,

Because of a host of factors, the genetic stock of humans is deteriorating, and that too fast, imo. of late. I read somewhere that boys who look bony and underfed during their young age and trim during their teen ages will have the best reproduction ability ;). May be that was one factor which caused large families (offsprings) among brahmins two or three generations ago.

Give too much fat to the boys and they tend to develop feminine characteristics. On the contrary if a girl is deprived of fat intake during her pubescent years, their fertility is affected. In some rural societies, even today a girl child is given peanuts, molasses and sesamum daily (a handful or so in all) and asked to eat it when she becomes 9 or 10 years. This also shows how wise our uneducated forefathers were.

But today, all such lifestyle has disappeared. The media has replaced traditional wisdom and we now have one brand of complan for almost anything from increasing height to scoring high marks in Mathematics :) Parents are influenced by kids, wife pressurises husband or buys things herself if she has her own income and the aim of most parents is to make their kids chubby babies, chubbier the better. Already the incidence of gynaecomastia is very much on the increase among male tabra children.

This particular boy seems to be conversant with Hindi. Though I can't say what made the parents to publicise this dance, one thing is good, the poor fellow gets some exercise! If fatty food intake is controlled side by side, may be this boy will grow into a tolerably fat young man.

Renuka will be the most suitable authority to comment on this thread, imo.

Just saw this thread today..Obesity among kids are on the rise.Blame it in bottle feeding instead of Breast feeding as the sugar content in most formula feeds are high and well masked by using terminologies like Fructose syrup etc.
Obesity is also some what increasing here in Malaysia esp with the Indian female.I really dont know why.Almost everyday I am telling Indian girls to slim down.
They seem to be getting central obesity too soon in life.Too much body fat or too less body fat in a female has detrimental effect to the reproductive system.

Inactivity seems a major problem..many just dont get enough physical activity and consume too much processed food that causes spike in insulin in the body which favors fat deposition.

A child who is obese should be handled by peadiatrician and nutritionist ansd parents.
Most parents with obese kids tend to be very inactive themselves and have poor eating habits that spill on to their kids.
Some parents also make the mistake to reward kids with food esp sweets when they do something nice.
So kids start growing up with an imprint that Food =Well being and Lo!! we have an obese person in the making.
We humans are not much different from the Pavlov Dog experiment which Salivates when the bell is heard.Classical conditioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Life is all about conditioning and programming..we do it wrong and it takes time to correct it.
But nothing is too late.We can always reprogramme.

But believe me sometimes everything in a kid will be fine..he is active,eats correctly,healthy,intelligent etc yet he might be obese or grossly underweight.That I really dont know why.

Dear Kunjs,

You wrote:
seriously speaking, i have been told that the male's potency and sex urges peak at 25,with the prime from 20 through 28. which made sense of men marrying in their early 20s, and female late teens

You are technically right but you know there is a second peak for both males and females when they enter 40..and this time its not the sexual urge but rather the urge to fall in love again!!!

[video=youtube;HUcPeMs871k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUcPeMs871k&feature=player_embedded[/video]

i picked this video from facebook through a couple of fb friends who linked it to youtube.

the kid has the moves and the rhythm. but to me it is sad, that his parents let him grow so fat. fat kids, grow to be fat adults, mostly, and along the way, get mocked, lose their confidence and are prone to all types of sickness.

what to do here?

Just watched the video..the child is very agile and flexible and has stamina.He is not panting for breath.
Just needs some diet modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back