• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Wedding curse

Last month we got a proposal .we didn't know much of the girl's family . We checked the horescope and next week , we went to see the girl . The next week they were eager to bring their relatives to talk. After few weeks their true colors started to show . The girl's mother was eager to separate the boy from his family. The girl would often talk about financial matters . The parents didn't like this approach and within 30 days we said No to this relationship . The girl's family started to cry and often called us and talk about girl's curse and suffering . After a month one of their relatives insulted and cursed the mother of the boy , saying you will get penn sabham . What should we do now ?? Please help!!!

Are you serious?
If curses were to come true then all those politicians should be in hell, do you see them suffer?
Yes, we feel bad if we get cursed, but that is momentary.
If we get cursed by near and dear ones for something wrong we did then we should apologize and try to work it out.
But if a stranger curses you just laugh it off, and move on.

Anger A Buddhist Story​

Part of Love Will Guide Us
By Sarah Conover
From Kindness: A Treasury of Buddhist Wisdom for Children and Parents (Condra Enterprises, 2005).

One day, the Buddha and a large following of monks and nuns were passing through a village. The Buddha chose a large shade tree to sit beneath so the group could rest awhile out of the heat. He often chose times like these to teach, and so he began to speak. Soon, villagers heard about the visiting teacher and many gathered around to hear him.

One surly young man stood to the side, watching, as the crowd grew larger and larger. To him, it seemed that there were too many people traveling from the city to his village, and each had something to sell or teach. Impatient with the bulging crowd of monks and villagers, he shouted at the Buddha, "Go away! You just want to take advantage of us! You, teachers, come here to say a few pretty words and then ask for food and money!"

But the Buddha was unruffled by these insults. He remained calm, exuding a feeling of loving-kindness. He politely requested that the man come forward. Then he asked, "Young sir if you purchased a lovely gift for someone, but that person did not accept the gift, to whom does the gift then belong?"
The odd question took the young man by surprise. "I guess the gift would still be mine because I was the one who bought it."

"Exactly so," replied the Buddha. "Now, you have just cursed me and been angry with me. But if I do not accept your curses if I do not get insulted and angry in return, these curses will fall back upon you—the same as the gift returning to its owner."

The young man clasped his hands together and slowly bowed to the Buddha. It was an acknowledgment that a valuable lesson had been learned. And so the Buddha concluded for all to hear, "As a mirror reflects an object, as a still lake reflects the sky: take care that what you speak or act is for good. For goodness will always cast back goodness and harm will always cast back harm."

I am sorry I do not understand fears like yours. Maybe you were expecting some kind of Mumbo=Jumbo fix for your imaginary problem. Maybe I can be as fake as the next person and provide you a praschittam , some mitigation solution. But it will be a fake one, and I do not do that.
So you get the unadulterated solution.

Relief from curse​

Arjuna, in the course of a pilgrimage, bathes in several sacred waters. He chances upon five sacred ponds. They are called Agastya, Saubhadra, Pauloma, Karandhama and Bharadwaja. Those bathing in the waters would be as blessed as those performing an aswamedha yaga and their sins would be washed away.

But despite all this, Arjuna discovers something strange, said V.S. Karunakarachariar in a discourse. Visiting sages pay their respects to the sacred ponds from a distance without bathing in them. He is told that in each of the ponds there is a crocodile. The crocodiles will eat up anyone who steps into the water. Arjuna, however, is not afraid because he has been given a boon by his wife Uloopi, the Naga Princess. Uloopi has told him that he need not fear any animal resident in water. So Arjuna steps into the pond called Saubhadra and he is dragged in by the crocodile.

The crocodile then changes into a lovely damsel, who says her name is Varga. She says that the crocodiles in the other ponds are celestials too like her. They are there as crocodiles because of a curse. They had been apsaras attached to Kubera’s court. One day, they had seen a young, handsome man engaged in penance. They had danced before him and tried to distract him. The young rishi had cursed them and told them that they would be crocodiles until a man called Arjuna stepped into the water. So Varga now requests Arjuna to relieve her companions too of the curse and Arjuna agrees.

The lesson is that nothing happens to us without a reason. In the case of the apsaras, they had disturbed a sage engaged in penance and had therefore been cursed. They had spent years as much feared crocodiles until Arjuna stepped in.

Hello Truth Seeker,
Namaste & Greetings from the island of Trinidad and Tobago.

Thank you for your question on Quora. I will be delighted to contribute my opinion.

Curse or Shraap, is a very common thing in Hinduism, they curse each other a lot for no reasons, read the scriptures you will be surprised.

Seems she wants to push her “karma” on you, like she won’t get any. Don’t keep her in your mind, you move on. I am sure you will be happy again.

I have seen a lot of situations like this in my career being a Vedic Astrologer in Trinidad and Tobago and from all over the world, I have recommended the following remedy to 000’s and it works wonderfully. There is no mantra to chant, no religion, no god just the act is enough.

The Remedy: Buy a tea spoonful of “black sesame seeds” - say 5 grams (or 50 grams, it may cost you around US$ 2 or 3, it depends where you live), this you may buy from any good Indian, West Indian, Guyanese grocery store or online.

The Procedure: On a full moon (day or night it does not matter what time it may be), take a reasonable size bucket and small plastic cup / mug with you in the bathroom. After you have bathe normal as you would do with water, soap, shampoo etc., rinse thoroughly.

As the last rinse, fill up the bucket with water. Then pour this “5 grams of black sesame seeds” in the bucket of water, stir it. Then bathe yourself with the sesame seeds water with no soap, no shampoo or conditioners etc. Just a rinse, you may scrub all over your skin. Bathe from head to toe, downwards. Don’t allow the water that falls from your body to go back in the bucket.

The sesame seed may stick on to your hair, skin and private parts, let it be. You just bathe as normal, rinse. Pat dry yourself, let the seeds in your hair or other places as they are. After you have rinse yourself with all the water, wash out the seeds from the bathroom down the drain.

Wear your clothes and enjoy your day, your life and celebrate! During the week or weekend, just feed someone with some food (like someone who’s unfortunate on the streets or homeless) that’s your payment in kind for this remedy.

That’s all you need to do. All that curse will be gone from you. Be happy, be yourself. Celebrate!

Trust the above inspires you,

If you like my response please “upvote”, comment, share and follow my post, thanks.

Have a great day and enjoy exploring Quora,

… enjoy the quest… explore, educate, experience and enlighten.

The above response is given “as is” and is not a solicitation for you to spend money, nor buy anything from me, my affiliated website or any other websites.

Being on this worldwide forum “Quora” it is my desire to help you - the seeker, it is my Aparigraha.

Response from: Vivek E. Paras; 40+ years experience in Jyotish - Vedic Astrology.
.https://www.quora.com/How-would-one-undo-a-curse-in-Hinduism

Last month we got a proposal .we didn't know much of the girl's family . We checked the horescope and next week , we went to see the girl . The next week they were eager to bring their relatives to talk. After few weeks their true colors started to show . The girl's mother was eager to separate the boy from his family. The girl would often talk about financial matters . The parents didn't like this approach and within 30 days we said No to this relationship . The girl's family started to cry and often called us and talk about girl's curse and suffering . After a month one of their relatives insulted and cursed the mother of the boy , saying you will get penn sabham . What should we do now ?? Please help!!!
hi
just believe in GOD....no penn sabam... in olden days.....the horoscope matching used to take more than

100 matchings....we can't marry 100 gals....sometimes more than 50 times PONNU PAKKARATHU

WITH SOJJI AND BAJJI.... sometimes more than 5 to 10 nicchayatharathams.....finally 1 gal has to get married..

so these are black mailing the innocent ppl...

You have done the right thing. Move on. If he had married it would have ended in a divorce with a huge compensation or your son would have become a life time slave.

hi

the best thing is move on.....always positive....everything good for life.....we like it or not....it happens....

i like the word....MAN PROPOSES AND GOD DISPOSES....believe it or not...life is like this sometimes..

i think....these are modern day techniques used by girl/girl's parents to take advantage of scaracity

of marriage market...

We have been so sad , we are unable to eat food properly . Sleep wouldn't come , feeling so bad after all this .
this is because of your underlying fear of penn sabam and fear generates non conducive vibes and that would tilt your body balance to malfunction.

Gita says this:

TEXT 5
uddhared atmanatmanam
natmanam avasadayet
atmaiva hy atmano bandhur
atmaiva ripur atmanah

TRANSLATION
A man must elevate himself by his own mind, not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well.

But from reading your words here, I am 100% sure you wont calm down and would be thinking "OMG what's going to happen? we are cursed by penn sabham.

I would give you two suggestions:

1)If you feel penn sabham exists than your family can also give them aan sabham..why not?
Why cant an aan sabham exists?
Surely you might think?? what?? aan sabham? does that exists?
Ok if this thought comes to you that aan sabham doesnt exist..so why should penn sabham exists?

Its just simple...in the past women were abused, victimized easily when it came to marriage, so the prevent all this a penn sabham situation was created to make men less abusive to a brides family.

But now since the tables have turned, you could tell them "hey, you want to separate my son from my family! you will get aan sabham now"

2) my second suggestion is : knowing your anxious mindset due to adhering to superstition, the only way to get over the fear for you is either hypnosis as to delete that thought or you can do spiritual hypnosis..that is go see a priest and ask him what pariharam to do.
Well, honestly does pariharam works or even needed in this case?
For me personally no cos I dont think that others curse would work on me.

but why am I suggesting for you to do a pariharam? reason is when we do pariharams its generates vibes that would neutralize our anxiety and restore balance.

So go get a priest who would suggest a simple pariharam and may be you could also do some charity as in anna dhanam to regain your balance.

Also just a reminder..In the Gita Shree Krishna does say that the act which is dearest to Him is the act of disseminating knowledge.

So you could consider donating a Bhagavad Gita to a deserving candidate.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Just forget them. They are not worthy of your relationship.

hi
this is because of your underlying fear of penn sabam and fear generates non conducive vibes and that would tilt your body balance to malfunction.

Gita says this:

TEXT 5
uddhared atmanatmanam
natmanam avasadayet
atmaiva hy atmano bandhur
atmaiva ripur atmanah

TRANSLATION
A man must elevate himself by his own mind, not degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul, and his enemy as well.

But from reading your words here, I am 100% sure you wont calm down and would be thinking "OMG what's going to happen? we are cursed by penn sabham.

I would give you two suggestions:

1)If you feel penn sabham exists than your family can also give them aan sabham..why not?
Surely you might think?? what?? aan sabham? does that exists?
Ok if this thought comes to you that aan sabham doesnt exist..so why should penn sabham exists?

Its just simple...in the past women were abused, victimized easily when it came to marriage, so the prevent all this a penn sabham situation was created to make men less abusive to a brides family.

But now since the tables have turned, you could tell them "hey, you want to separate my son from my family! you will get aan sabham now"

2) my second suggestion is : knowing your anxious mindset due to adhering to superstition, the only way to get over the fear for you is either hypnosis as to delete that thought or you can do spiritual hypnosis..that is go see a priest and ask him what pariharam to do.
Well, honestly does pariharam works or even needed in this case?
For me personally no cos I dont think that others curse would work on me.

but why am I suggesting for you to do a pariharam? reason is when we do pariharams its generates vibes that would neutralize our anxiety and restore balance.

So go get a priest who would suggest a simple pariharam and may be you could also do some charity as in anna dhanam to regain your balance.

Also just a reminder..In the Gita Shree Krishna does say that the act which is dearest to Him is the act of disseminating knowledge.

So you could consider donating a Bhagavad Gita to a deserving candidate.

Best of luck.
hi doctor,

i was expecting your reply like this....i waited for this.....
Surely you might think?? what?? aan sabham? does that exists?..lol

I do not understand what is wrong if a girl expresses her desire to live separately with her husband after marriage. Why should it be looked at as an attempt to break the family. Is a girl cursed to live for ever under someone'S tutelage? And talking about finances. Again what's wrong? She just gives expression to her basic insecurity troubling her. Is it wrong to expect a reassurance?
After all this you just rejected the girl giving these reasons and the girl rightly cursed you.
Pen papa am pollaathu. Vidaathu. Learn a lesson.
Try to bring the girl who talks about finances freely. Try to take her in even if she wants to go and live in a thanikkudiththanam. She may get you a grand daughter sooner. Enjoy. All the best.

I do not understand what is wrong if a girl expresses her desire to live separately with her husband after marriage. Why should it be looked at as an attempt to break the family. Is a girl cursed to live for ever under someone'S tutelage? And talking about finances. Again what's wrong? She just gives expression to her basic insecurity troubling her. Is it wrong to expect a reassurance?
After all this you just rejected the girl giving these reasons and the girl rightly cursed you.
Pen papa am pollaathu. Vidaathu. Learn a lesson.
Try to bring the girl who talks about finances freely. Try to take her in even if she wants to go and live in a thanikkudiththanam. She may get you a grand daughter sooner. Enjoy. All the best.

So we can see here that we view anything from our own perspective.
The boy's side sees things from their point of view and the girl's side sees it from their point of view too.

But what is the ground reality?

I think none of us can actually see that.

To some extent we doubt, we fear and we suspect everyone's motive instead of seeing things as it is.

It's not easy being human..we are the only beings that hijack our mind and function in a limited zone.

Somehow all other species in the world surrenders to the moment.

So we can see here that we view anything from our own perspective.
The boy's side sees things from their point of view and the girl's side sees it from their point of view too.

But what is the ground reality?

I think none of us can actually see that.

To some extent we doubt, we fear and we suspect everyone's motive instead of seeing things as it is.

It's not easy being human..we are the only beings that hijack our mind and function in a limited zone.

Somehow all other species in the world surrenders to the moment.
Philosophising is ok. But we live here and now.

Philosophising is ok. But we live here and now.
You got my point..we are supposed to live in the here and now..but we dont do that

The boys side is living in the past and the girls side is anxious of the future.

I am surprised as why finance is discussed to start with.
Shouldnt the boy and girl build a home together?
Who asks about all these besides just knowing how much a person earns before the actual marriage proposal.
For eg out here where i stay..if both are professionals we dont even ask how much each other earn..cos everyone roughly knows what a professional earns and couples build home together.

The problem is in India a marriage is like a bussiness deal..no matter what all might say that its holy..saptapadhi etc..its still very much built on distrust.

Sad..

A curse will be effective only when a bonafide person who suffered genunely because of the acts done by the other person. The girl's intention as well as her mother's intention is against Dharma Shastra. Every girl must sacrify her life for the sake of her husband and treat the in laws with so much respect and reverence. So the cause of the curse is not tenable under dharmashastram. Next only curse by those who are very relegious and follows dharma shastra as followed by our ancesters, will become true and effective. Today it is very rare to find such people. Those who follow divine and spiritual path will never ever think of gaining unduly at the cost of others. So be at peace . Their curse cannot do anything. Pen ssabam will take effect only when a person deceive a girl by promsing to marry her and then run away without keeping his promise. Radhey Krishna.

A curse will be effective only when a bonafide person who suffered genunely because of the acts done by the other person. The girl's intention as well as her mother's intention is against Dharma Shastra. Every girl must sacrify her life for the sake of her husband and treat the in laws with so much respect and reverence. So the cause of the curse is not tenable under dharmashastram. Next only curse by those who are very relegious and follows dharma shastra as followed by our ancesters, will become true and effective. Today it is very rare to find such people. Those who follow divine and spiritual path will never ever think of gaining unduly at the cost of others. So be at peace . Their curse cannot do anything. Pen ssabam will take effect only when a person deceive a girl by promsing to marry her and then run away without keeping his promise. Radhey Krishna.
You might be placating the original poster.
But the whole thing about the curse is bunkum.
You can try to reason with someone who thinks Earth is flat, but unless you show the real you will not go too far.

Show me the real-life effect of curse working, not some story that you heard.
If a deluded person thinks there is a black cat in the darkroom, you can only prove their mistake by shining light.

If curses were effective Rama would have simply cursed Ravana, that would be the end of the matter. Dharmaraja Yudhisteer would have cursed Durodhan and Mahabharat would have ended.
A curse seems to work only on the weak-minded. because of their ignorance, and guilt, nothing more and nothing less.
Please read my post #2 and #4 above.

The heading of the post may be appropriate, a wedding can be a curse for life so watch out. 😂

Last edited:

???

Sacrifice is a two way thing in a marriage.
Both husband and wife are in this together.
Otherwise why even marry.

Dharma shastras are DHARMA..that is law of being.
and the hallmark of Dharma is BALANCE.
Dharma is NOT exploitation of the female for the male and not exploitation of the male for the female.

The case we are discussing is a case of lack of trust and lack of the ability of both the boy's side and girl's side to set aside their fears and anxiety to discuss a matter openly.

Both have highly reactive mindsets which can't go beyond their superstitions and anxiety.

I guess the best that they dont marry cos there isn't any match from the mindset.

But kindly dont imagine that only a female must sacrifice like some sacrificial goat where people throw turmeric water on the goat's face and the goat moves it head cos goats do not like water and then everyone says "OK! the goat has given consent to the sacrifice"

Get real.

Latest ads

Back