• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

we not living in past glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
Are we living in past glory???

Most of the brahmins in recent times seems to have disappeared.

gone were the times when Tam brams used to be in the limelight of things.

nowadays most of us have come to an unsaid agreement in terms of what a Tam bram must do...

either they devote themselves to the gods or the most common and seemingly most popular choice being study hard and go abroad.

this seems to be ideal choice for tam brams with the age old notion that tam brams are intelligent and are good in certain key subjects/areas.

so the parents tend to make their sons and daughters study harder with each coming year, so that they get good marks in the deciding exams thereby making the process of going abroad easier.

we are willing to bask in the glory of previous tam brams more now than we were doing in couple of years/decades ago.

are we lacking a serious role model for our youngsters ???

are we more keen on basking on age old glory than spend some time and effort in creating a name for ourselves now??

what do you think??

dear praveen

i also think that tamil brahmins are losing their past glory because there is no one to unite them to bring under a single roof some persons beloning to our own community are questioning on the truths about brahmins I also

agree with your opinion that the best thing is to study well and go abroad
but not all tamil brahmines are able to do it still there are some people in our own old villages who speak about our old glory any how one important thing
i wish to tell is that the brahmins shine where ever they go i want to give u one information that in microsoft corporation limited every 9 out of 10 happens to be tamil brahmin

but if u feel that w live in past glory it is due to rest of brahmins who are deceived some non brahmins asscocation running in india which pose brahmins live in past glory

I also wish to tell you that on every year feb 22,23 a meeting is conviend to prevent brahmin terrorism

if it goes on like this then people will certainly feel that we live in past glory

with regards
rammanathan

Hi Ramanathan,
agree with your opinion that the best thing is to study well and go abroad

sorry if it meant in that way.
i was merely highlighting the general notion of people and no way advocating that people study and go abroad.
if everyone goes abroad then what about our indian economy.

i wish to tell is that the brahmins shine where ever they go i want to give u one information that in microsoft corporation limited every 9 out of 10 happens to be tamil brahmin

but if u feel that w live in past glory it is due to rest of brahmins who are deceived some non brahmins asscocation running in india which pose brahmins live in past glory

True. But not many come forward.

the typical brahmin thinks about himself first and then his family. society takes a last stand.

which is alrite but if u take a look at other communitues, society is ranked among the top 5.

its mostly like always me me me and not we we we :)

thats why i have started something like this.
instead of small localized communities why not come together on a global scale and find ways and methods to prosper together :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back