• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

warm cloths for the fish !

• Thread starter Thread starter ShivKC
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ShivKC

bringing up a child is a different ball game, esp, understanding her needs and wants in par with this timeline.

i took my 5 yr old daughter for a drive yesterday, to buy her some of her favorite mangoes of this season. while on, her eyes were stuck to a pet shot, and she said "Papa stop".

she wanted a fish tank. i said, its cruelty, cos she i know well she cant manage a pet with care. but she took a bet on me, when i encountered!.

finally the shop keeper gave us a pair of angel fish for rs.60 and a glass bowl fish tank for rs.900. i told him to give her only one fish, cos im not sure if my daughter would take care, and why me, let to see a dying fish , few weeks down the line. he said a pair or a single one, would cost the same, and still I preferred to have only one fish.

this generation has changed vast and wide. soon after reaching home, there was a joy, she called mama, and said "I love papa for he bought me this'. still i was snobbish with my favorite poker face.

the world has changed. she wanted a namkarna function for the new member of our family, a single lonely 'angel fish', and she name it as 'Sam' without any uncalled rituals. i asked her why she named the fish as' SAM, and she said in husky voice,.. she liked it..

it took me back to my times, where the dogs were named as Jimmy, Danny, but not Kanna,appa, kocchu, uppu,chutney etc.. its leads to me this.. a westernization?

to conclude... she asked me, papa, its too cold tonight.. you have forgotten to buy the small sized warm clothes for Sam!!.. i've gone mad yesterday night and my wife is worried, if she had given birth to an insane girl :(

bringing up a child is a different ball game, esp, understanding her needs and wants in par with this timeline.

i took my 5 yr old daughter for a drive yesterday, to buy her some of her favorite mangoes of this season. while on, her eyes were stuck to a pet shot, and she said "Papa stop".

she wanted a fish tank. i said, its cruelty, cos she i know well she cant manage a pet with care. but she took a bet on me, when i encountered!.

finally the shop keeper gave us a pair of angel fish for rs.60 and a glass bowl fish tank for rs.900. i told him to give her only one fish, cos im not sure if my daughter would take care, and why me, let to see a dying fish , few weeks down the line. he said a pair or a single one, would cost the same, and still I preferred to have only one fish.

this generation has changed vast and wide. soon after reaching home, there was a joy, she called mama, and said "I love papa for he bought me this'. still i was snobbish with my favorite poker face.

the world has changed. she wanted a namkarna function for the new member of our family, a single lonely 'angel fish', and she name it as 'Sam' without any uncalled rituals. i asked her why she named the fish as' SAM, and she said in husky voice,.. she liked it..

it took me back to my times, where the dogs were named as Jimmy, Danny, but not Kanna,appa, kocchu, uppu,chutney etc.. its leads to me this.. a westernization?

to conclude... she asked me, papa, its too cold tonight.. you have forgotten to buy the small sized warm clothes for Sam!!.. i've gone mad yesterday night and my wife is worried, if she had given birth to an insane girl :(

Dear Shiv,

Common...Not at all an insane girl. Todays' children are too dreamy, imaginative, quick, brisk, sharp and talented. The things what we did at the age of 10, todays' kids are doing at the age 5. We having done such sweet stupid things at the age of 10 never gone insane. Than how could you have even a thought to feel so about your sweet kutty???

Yes, westernization for sure has an impact. It got it's own merit and demerit. Let her enjoy what she wants to be familiar with and make use of it. If you are interested to have her some fantasies for desi terms, keep echoing to her all those terms that you know and leave them to her choice..

Last edited:

Dear ShivKC,

Your daughter is so cuteeeeeeeeee!!!! Reminds me when I was young(not very young I was about 16) I decided to celebrate my dog's birthday.
His name was Ugo and I called my best friends family and had a party.
I made a small coat for my dog, a bow and also put Vibuthi and a Tilak for him and held his paws and cut his cake for him.
He loved his birthday party and was jumping around preforming tricks for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back