• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Want to perform Mother's shradham by self

Status
Not open for further replies.
dear renuji !
i am also second to none in endorse your opinion about GOD . that feeling only made me to post that .i am happy if i could get clarifications on that matters. i am following all rituals in letter and spirit with questioning anything since i experienced the benefit of doing karma without fail by my elders. on auspicious days even when some exception are given ,i am not utilising that .(to some extent i am lucky that i am not having ulcer,sugar,BP etc.-which facilitate that ).i am for doing anything with athmartham
guruvayurappan

Dear sir,

That was just a sort of guessing what the deeper significance might be.
It is commonly thought that one loses his caste when he crosses the sea.

I always thought may be when one crosses the ocean of samsara he sheds his caste cos he is one with Brahman.
So is that what is really meant as one loses his caste when he crosses the sea?

Cos you see Ravana was a Brahmin and he was crossing the sea often to go to Kailash for his worship of Lord Shiva.
Ravana was recognized as a Brahmin by Lord Rama till the very end.
dear renuka ji !
i also put the question stating Ravanan 's name . no clarification .probably ,Ravana maintained his brahmin status cos he could return to his home to do his nithya karma with his puspaka vimanam,which we are not having !!
guruvayurappan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back