• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Walking-stick...3...tvk

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4646

WALKING-STICK—3..

My GrandFather was a Criminal Lawer attending cases at Thenkasi/Thirunelveli courts..He was very successful and won many no.cases either by his effective arguements/presentation of the cases or because of 'weak' handling by the opponent lawers. [which..should have been ..mostly..!!] ..I never had the opportunity to 'inter-act' with my grand father as he 'kicked the bucket' when I was just one month old baby.. I earned the dubious distinction of 'Un-lucky boy’ as if I was responsible for 'that' soul to deport to the place where it belongs.. These things I understood from my Mother earlier...

Sankaralingam and Maadasamy were two brothers with diagnoly opposite characters, nature and attitude…The elder Sankaralingam was ruthless, cunning, greedy and money lender too for small farmers..He acquired many properties by way of coercion, threatening and even by kidnapping..He had many enemies.. but non-of them dare to clash with him openly.. fearing for their life as he was known to have ‘eliminated’ some of them..Eventhough Police suspected his involvement ..no case could be taken up against him due to lack of proper complaints and witnesses…Maadasamy was very pious, soft spoken…and on no. of occasions he argued with his brother to mend his ways but without success.. In spite of opposite characters ..both brothers were very affectionate to each other and Maadasamy considered his brother not only as guardian but as next to god as they lost their parents very early in life..Sankaralingam was married and he was on the look-out for a suitable bride for Maadasamy…But no family was prepared to have an alliance with Sankaralingam family as everybody was aware of its reputation and that hurts both the brothers and coercion tactics could not be used by Sankaralingam as Maadasamy was against any such move..

It was a customary habbit on every Sunday evening for the Brothers to worship at Nellaiyappar temple,.. taste the Halwa at ‘Iruttukkadai’ ..and return home in their bullock-cart..Normaly when they reach the Railway level-crossing.. the gates would be in closed position to enable Rameswaram-MaanaMadurai passenger to cross.. On few occasions they could cross the level-crossing whenever that train was running late.. Sankaralingam had a habbit of getting down from the bullock-cart [Maadasamy used to drive the cart always] whenever it stopped at level-crossing ….light his favourite Chokkalal Ramset Beedi ... watch the train till it crosses…and get into the cart after finishing his Beedi..

On ‘that’ Sunday Evening Sankaralingam got down at the level-crossing and when he lowered his head to light the Beedi… he was attacked and ‘ASSASINATED’….The assassin whose face covered by a red towel [We call it as ‘Kasi Thundu’] slit-open his throat and Sankaralingam fell down with blood gushing-out like courtallam water falls from his wide opened cut in the throat..

Shell-Shocked Maadasamy jumbed from the cart..pulled-out the ARUVAA..[ It was always a part of life on those days] and ran towards his brother to assist him and to catch the assassin.. Sensing he could not reach the assasain before he escapes as the cart was parked about 60’ to 100’ away from the level crossing gate..he aimed and threw the Aruva at the assasain from a distance of around 15 to 20 feet.. The assasain evaded the throw..but while doing so.. the red towel covering his face slipped..and Maadasamy could see his face and RECOGNISED him immediately..The Aruvaa thrown by Maadasamy fell in the pool of blood gushed out from Sankaralingam’s throat…Maadasami’s shouts and rise of alaram were drowned in the whistling of the steam engine with the noise of the passing train at the level-crossing and the assassin ESCAPED…through the surrounding thick bushes..

TVK

Dear TVK Sir,

When I was a kid, there was a man by name 'maNda(i) vettu chettiAr' and I used to wonder whether he will cut other's 'maNdai'.

But the story was the opposite. Yes! While he was returning home through a coconut grove in Anaimalai, one of his enemies

cut off what appeared as his head but luckily it was the 'pooshaNik kAy' he was carrying on his head! 'Thalaikku vandhadhu

pooshaNiyOda pOchchu!' But, his head DID get a cut and the scar remained for ever.

Dear TVK Sir,

When I was a kid, there was a man by name 'maNda(i) vettu chettiAr' and I used to wonder whether he will cut other's 'maNdai'.

But the story was the opposite. Yes! While he was returning home through a coconut grove in Anaimalai, one of his enemies

cut off what appeared as his head but luckily it was the 'pooshaNik kAy' he was carrying on his head! 'Thalaikku vandhadhu

pooshaNiyOda pOchchu!' But, his head DID get a cut and the scar remained for ever.

Wonderful... Suppose his enemy attempted to cut [vettu] his throat..as in this story ..what he would been called..?..THONDAI KATTU Chettiar..?

TVK

Wonderful... Suppose his enemy attempted to cut [vettu] his throat..as in this story ..what he would been called..?..THONDAI KATTU Chettiar..?...
In all possibilities! But will 'thoNdai' escape like 'maNdai' is a million $ question! :D

How did your grandfather save maadasamy from the gallows? Must have been an intersting case.

Saving Maadasamy..?!!...

looksmiley.gif
306.gif
306.gif
...!!

TVK

Maadasami's aruval fell on blood gushing out sankaralingam's throat. So he is the prime suspect and is arrested and tried. But he is innocent and but no evidence to prove his innocence. Only a clever lawyer like perry mason can bring out the truth from the mouth of the killer, by eloquent cross examination.Hence the observation.

Maadasami's aruval fell on blood gushing out sankaralingam's throat. So he is the prime suspect and is arrested and tried. But he is innocent and but no evidence to prove his innocence. Only a clever lawyer like perry mason can bring out the truth from the mouth of the killer, by eloquent cross examination.Hence the observation.
Thank..you.. very much.. After posting my comment..I felt I might have offended you by the smiles.. But here as per the story..Maadasamy has seen the real killer and recognised him...So it must be Maadasamy who has to bring in the police by giving the name of the killer..is it not..?TVK

good stuff.

another word from my childhood,forgotten till now..used to hear it in radio ceylon

thaanaal peenaal chokkalaal ramsait beedy :) :)

waiting for part 4..

good stuff. another word from my childhood,forgotten till now..used to hear it in radio ceylonthaanaal peenaal chokkalaal ramsait beedy :) :)waiting for part 4..
Chokkalaal Ramset beedi is still going strong in Thirunelveli side..TVK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back