• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vow to speak Brahmin Tamil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear friends,

I meant serious and good movies and not these slapstick comedies making fun of brahmins.
:nono:

The easiest way to learn any language-Indian or foreign-is to watch good movies in that language.

If you talk only to servants you pick up only their vocabulary and accent. Therefore we must select the input source to get good results.
:drama:
with warm regards,
V.R.

Dear friends,
.................................If you talk only to servants you pick up only their vocabulary and accent. Therefore we must select the input source to get good results.
:drama:
with warm regards,
V.R.

By God's grace, as far as I know, brahmins are not working as servants! :nod:

If Brahmins worked as servants (GOD forbid it)

may be they can spread brahmin language faster in the society.

This is only a hypothetical argument.
Don't start chasing me with spears and arrows.
:fencing:

I am too old, too bulky and too tired to run!
:help:

Dear visalakshi Ramani,
sincerely I admire your game of words. In my opinion no one can realy catch you.
with regards wrongan

If Brahmins worked as servants (GOD forbid it)

may be they can spread brahmin language faster in the society.

This is only a hypothetical argument.
Don't start chasing me with spears and arrows.
:fencing:

I am too old, too bulky and too tired to run!
:help:
Dear sister,

It is true that our maid servants are one of the main sources to learn a new language.

Of course, one has to polish the words and accent with the help of movies and friends!
No one intends to :fencing: with any other member in this forum!

:cool:
Raji Ram

Dear Mr. Ranganathan,

I too like your play of words.

I had posted a sword fight and you have made it a game of words!

A real Cool one!
:thumb:

with warm regards,
V.R.

please help me learn brahmin tamil :) , i want to learn and be fluent , i am a brahmin , kannadiga love tamilnadu because of its traditional way of living , love for culture and my granny is from Coimbatore.

Madam,

I have given some of the words/phrases used in Tamil brahmin lingo. There are more such examples. Reader are welcome to add to these.

Brahmin usage and its equivalent by most other communities

1 TB:Vango/pongo (rhymes with mango/tango) Oth.: Vangae/pongae
2 TB Aam (home) Oth.:Veedu
3 TB Thalai variyacha Oth. Thalai seeviyacha (combing hair) "seevi' also means sever
icon12.png

4 TBCurry Oth.Poriyal
5 TBVethal Kozhambu
Oth.
Kara kozhambu (both are not exactly equivalent,but seldom is kara kozhambu prepared at brahmin households and vice versa.)
6 TB Neivedyam Oth.Padayal
7 TBAathukarar/aathukari (husband,wife) Oth.Veetukarar or Purusan / Veetukari or samsaram
8 TB Alambi (to clean or rinse) Oth. Kazhuvi
9 TBPillai (son) Oth. Magan (it is interesting to note that "pillai" in other communities refers to a young female)
10 TBNattupon/mattupon (daughter-in-law) Oth. Marumagal

TB refers to tamilbrahmin usage; Oth. refers to equivalent usage by majority of other tamil communities.

With regards,
Swami

Last edited:
அன்புள்ள சுவாமி அவர்களுக்கு
ரொம்ப நன்னா சொன்னேள் ...பேஷ் பேஷ்

இப்படிக்கு
tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back