• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Visit to Vaishno Devi

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

venkat2206

Dear Members,

I along with my family members (15++) are planning to visit Vaisho Devi temple near Jammu. Would like to have the guidance from the members who have visited the place in the last few months. Especially, I would like to know the procedure and advance booking facility for Heli Copter and about the Hotels in Katra.

Regards

Venkat

Dear Members,

I along with my family members (15++) are planning to visit Vaisho Devi temple near Jammu. Would like to have the guidance from the members who have visited the place in the last few months. Especially, I would like to know the procedure and advance booking facility for Heli Copter and about the Hotels in Katra.
hi venkat,
i visited vaishno devi temple 3 times....when i was posted in kashmir in indian army....mainly the temple is under army control...
there is no good hotels in katra....some hood hotels are based in jammu only....i dont know much abt helicopter service...
i heard abt helicopter service is provided by pavanhans limited.....i walked always...even my family visited there...better
contact in jammu...

Regards

Venkat

hi venkat,
i visited vaishno devi temple 3 times....when i was posted in kashmir in indian army....mainly the temple is under army control...
there is no good hotels in katra....some hood hotels are based in jammu only....i dont know much abt helicopter service...
i heard abt helicopter service is provided by pavanhans limited.....i walked always...even my family visited there...better
contact in jammu...

Official site of the shrine board. Comprehensive details available.
https://www.maavaishnodevi.org/new1/index.html

Dear Members,

Regards

Venkat

This is the helicopter company.Mata Vaishno Devi Helicopter Services Katra India - Vaishno Devi Mata

Mata Vaishnodevi Temple is one of the well known religious and Hindu pilgrimage center in India, situated in Jammu and Kashmir. It is one of the oldest and most popular shrine in India situated at a height of 5300 feet above the sea level on the holy Trikuta hills of the Shivalik Hill Range. It is at a location which can be easily accessible from Delhi. The Holy cave is located at a distance of 13 kms from the Base Camp Katra. Katra is connected by road to Jammu which is 50 kilometers away and the district headquarters, Udhampur which is 35 kilometers. Many devotees from India as well as from abroad visit the place every year. Vaishno Devi Helicopter Service is available for the devotees to visit the shrine. The service is available from the Base Camp Katra to Sanjichatt. Sanjichatt is just a couple of kilometers from the Holy Shrine. There are so many packages available for the Vaishno Devi Helicopter Service. The devotees can choose the package, according to the places one wishes to visit. Vaishno Devi Helicopter Service gives the devotees a comfortable journey and darshan of Shri Mata Vaishnodevi. In the earlier days, trekking was the only option which takes about 4 to 8 hours from Katra. Nowadays online facility is also available for the Vaishno Devi Helicopter Booking. Timings and Operations : * Vaishno Devi Helicopter Service is available everyday from 8.30 A.M to 5 P.M * Takes 8 minutes to reach Sanjichatt from Katra * One flight can accommodate about 5--6 passengers * It is compulsory to do the booking atleast five days prior to the date of visit * In online reservation, pre--ponement or post ponement of tickets is not allowed Cancellation Conditions If cancellation of Vaishno Devi Helicopter Booking is done by the party, then * An amount of Rs.500 will be deducted from total base fare, if cancelled between 24 hrs to 48 hrs * 50 percent will be deducted , if time less than 24 hrs * No refund is given, if cancelled less than one hour If the Vaishno Devi Helicopter Booking is cancelled by the helipad authorities, due to bad weather condition or technical fault of the flight, the full refund is given to the party. Travel fares * One way helicopter flight fare from Katra--Sanjichatt or Sanjichatt--Katra per person : Rs.900 (Rs.700 + 12.5 percent processing and service charge) * Katra--Sanjichatt--Katra flight fare per person : Rs.1800 Vaishno Devi Helicopter Service also have some packages available with the Vaishno Devi Helicopter Booking. The package can be chosen according to devotees wish on how many days to stay and which all places one would like to visit. Vaishno Devi Helicopter Service also have online facility for Vaishno Devi Helicopter Booking.

Please come back and share your experiences.

Last edited:
Dear Shri Prasad,

Thanks a lot for the information provided. By God's grace, after completion of the trip I will certainly share the experience with the members of the forum.

Regards

Venkat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back