• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

visit to Kumbakonam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Members,

Depending upon on availability of time at our disposal, these sort of special / seegra / VIP darshans really help us. But the authorities should not convert this as a permanent source of income.

Once when I visited Pazhamudhircholan temple(with 3 of my firends), the ticket seller at the entrance asked us to buy special tickets for quick darshan and considering the time at our disposal we bought the same. To our utter surprise, only we four of us were inside the temple besides God. Contrary to this, when we visited Siddhi Vinayak temple at Mumbai on a Sunday we were looking for special darshan tickets (Rs. 50 each). To our surprise, the temple authorities have informed us that there are no big rush inside the temple and hence the counters were closed on that day. In the same Mumbai - little bit outskirs - a place called Titvala where there is a Ganapathy temple. NO extra money - no VIP Darshan - nobody will ask you any money for anything. All are treated equally. If someone is in urgent time pressure, they can have darshan from outside.

Look at the difference in practices. No objection for charging money as long as it is really required.

>>All are treated equally. If someone is in urgent time pressure, they can have darshan from outside.<<

This is what I would recommend. In the eyes of God all devotees are equal.God won't give you special favors if you bought your way in to have a quick darshan. If you want to come and worship at the temple come at leisure and wait your turn. If you can't do that call God to your home, have your own puJA room, install your favorite gods and call a priest to do special pUjA. God is the same all over--in his own designated abode or in the corner of your home or even in your own heart. This Titvala temple should be the model for the whole country. As for revenue, those who have enough money can still deposit it in the hundi while visiting the temple or send a check to the temple just to sponsor it from home. God does not depend on your contribution. As for covering the temple expenditure there will still be plenty from the hundi collection from all folks who visit the temple.

This happens in many temples controlled by Hindu Religious Endowment Board. It is not
a news as such. The temple authorities wants to show a statistics for retaining the
special counter, perhaps to avoid man power reduction.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

post 26
dear venkat !
many of us are having the same feeling while visiting our temples.my personal experience is ,people will not listen to us when we say you can have easy dharsan in common Que .i will also not repeat it since my mind will say why prevent the earning to the temple.I always prefer common que not for saving money cos many in common que recite many good slokas and songs.after dharsan ,i will drop money in hundi . yatha sakhthi !!
cheers,
guruvayurappan

My humble request is let us not critisize our own heritage temples etc . My fear is people who are above 60 seldom follows the dharama shastram and Trikala sandhyavandhanam etc . Nearly 50 % of the youths in the age group of 30-35 does not even know parisheshana mandrams. On top of it if we start criticising our own temple conditions, the present day younger generations and the next generation will stop visiting those places. At least in this forum let us not criticise temple conditions, transport problems etc . Because of this criticism if any one postpone their trips or cancel their visit , andha pabham nammalai summa vidaathu.... Swamy Saranam

My posts were not meant to criticize any part of worship or the rituals followed inside the temple. I always maintain that the product is good but the process is cumbersome. Most people know that and still the destination is what they seek while putting up with the difficult journey. My point is "let us not make a sham of the process". We can improve the process tremendously if only those in charge have the will. Cleanliness is NOT just next to godliness but cleanliness IS godliness. The environment in and around the temples has to be spic and span. The authorities have to make sure of that if necessary by sending inspectors on rounds. The library maintains silence inside, right? It is like that in the temple premises to keep clean. Then other improvements can follow.

What I want to say is some on who has visits Vaitheeswarana koil or swamimalai on every krithigai and some one who visits Sarabar in Tirubhuvanam every sunday or any one who visits Oppiliappan on every sravanam do not even criticise the process. It is us who visits such temples once in blue moon makes such noise. For example my kulatheivam in middle of the fields, open only once a day and no villagers or gramavasi's visits daily.........It is my duty to clean the temple whenever I visit. I am not suggesting any one to clean the temple or clean the environment. This forum is meant for Tamil Brahmins and temple authorities seldom see what is been discussed in this site. I encourage all of you to use complaint book kept inside the devastanam office

Regards, Patham
Let us promote Sandhyavandam in Brahmin community

I don't exhort people, who don't mind the conditions, to protest. When I was little I too did all odd jobs at the ayyanAr kovil or sivan kovil (gathering, cleaning, and serving prasadam after an abhishekam etc.,) in the village. There was some awe during those times of festivities although the temple will be desolate at other times. You can't do such self-service in big temples visited by lots of people. More than anything else I am arguing for the sanctity of the temple while preserving the sanity of the people by maintaining proper sanitation. As for complaints written in the book at the dEvasthAnam, does anyone read it and take action? If they did the conditions would have been lot better. There is a hue and cry about corruption in government in the media. Has it diminished in anyway?

As for the big temples the authorities should make sure the temple environs are kept clean both inside and outside, especially during special occasions when more people visit and there is possibility of debris scattered around.

My humble request is let us not critisize our own heritage temples etc . My fear is people who are above 60 seldom follows the dharama shastram and Trikala sandhyavandhanam etc . Nearly 50 % of the youths in the age group of 30-35 does not even know parisheshana mandrams. On top of it if we start criticising our own temple conditions, the present day younger generations and the next generation will stop visiting those places. At least in this forum let us not criticise temple conditions, transport problems etc . Because of this criticism if any one postpone their trips or cancel their visit , andha pabham nammalai summa vidaathu.... Swamy Saranam
dear rkpatham !
your intention is good except the last line. what ever hardship we underwent ,should not be repeated.the writting is not discourage people visit ,but only make them aware of keeping temple clean
pranam,
guruvayurappan

What I want to say is some on who has visits Vaitheeswarana koil or swamimalai on every krithigai and some one who visits Sarabar in Tirubhuvanam every sunday or any one who visits Oppiliappan on every sravanam do not even criticise the process. It is us who visits such temples once in blue moon makes such noise. For example my kulatheivam in middle of the fields, open only once a day and no villagers or gramavasi's visits daily.........It is my duty to clean the temple whenever I visit. I am not suggesting any one to clean the temple or clean the environment. This forum is meant for Tamil Brahmins and temple authorities seldom see what is been discussed in this site. I encourage all of you to use complaint book kept inside the devastanam office

Regards, Patham
Let us promote Sandhyavandam in Brahmin community

I support Gurvayurappan's point.

True. BUT THERE IS an exception.
If someone asks an opinion do you give honest opinion or tell a lie.
For example the manikernica Ghat is Banaras if the worst place to dip in Ganga, because you will encounter semi-burnt human body parts.
It is better to take bath in tap water.

If we can not keep it clean we should not keep it. So before we protect the faith, let us clean it up. When you tell a lie once, you will have to keep on lying. When your children find out that you lied then they will stop believing you.

Last edited:
Here is a pathetic situation with respect to the Srirangam temple.

Read it here: http://srivaishnavasri.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/panchajanyam-june2012-96-pages.pdf

The item is on the second page under "seydigaL"
dear mahakavi !
more information more agony and bp shooting .very sad news about gold card &prasadam stallas.In recent time there was a dispute about mylapore temple prasadam stall.there are many scandal in auctioning of stalls,collection of vehicle parking charges etc.
guruvayurappan

Dear sir,
I feel that more and more people especially literate people should come to the
rescue. They should volunteer to do some service atleast in the temples in their
surroundings. Voluntary organisations should be formed in almost all places where
important temples are situated, in order to help the pilgrims get the basic amenities
as well peaceful and timely darshan of the deities.
Srinirajaram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back