• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

victory over polio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

The Hindu : Health / Policy & Issues : No new wild polio case for a year, India beats down deadly virus

i have a cousin, boy, close to my age. at age 7 he got polio. both his legs are deformed, and he has to use the braces shoes.

had a classmate, who had one leg deformed, due to polio.

dont know if polio kills, but sure deforms legs.

glad we won a second victory. i know for sure, when i was young, polio, small pox, TB et al, were conquered. but like the proverbial phoenix out of the fire, they appear to come newer and stronger.

virus. just not the internet variety, which is dangerous.

The Hindu : Health / Policy & Issues : No new wild polio case for a year, India beats down deadly virus

i have a cousin, boy, close to my age. at age 7 he got polio. both his legs are deformed, and he has to use the braces shoes.

had a classmate, who had one leg deformed, due to polio.

dont know if polio kills, but sure deforms legs.

glad we won a second victory. i know for sure, when i was young, polio, small pox, TB et al, were conquered. but like the proverbial phoenix out of the fire, they appear to come newer and stronger.

virus. just not the internet variety, which is dangerous.

Thanks for posting an uplifting story about India.

Dear Sri Kunjuppu Ji,

Polio affected my cousin too at a very young age. She is elder to me and did not marry on this account. I admire her very much for the person she is today.

Glad to know that the dreaded disease is gone.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri.Kunjuppu, Greetings.

Polio was 'almost readicated' a decade ago. But due to religion based interruptions, the polio vaccine was denied to thousands of children; polio came back again. Hope this time it gets eradicated.

Cheers!

Dear Sri.Kunjuppu, Greetings.

Polio was 'almost readicated' a decade ago. But due to religion based interruptions, the polio vaccine was denied to thousands of children; polio came back again. Hope this time it gets eradicated.

Cheers!

Hopefully knowledge trumps superstition.
In India even highly educated people believe in unscientific mumbu-jumbu rather than on science.

It is a great news indeed. Eradicating scourge like Polio and Small pox fully from the land is not an easy task, but with the cooperation of the public and determined efforts of the Governments and WHO, this has been achieved.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Looks like a feat, notwithstanding the unreported cases. But there is a new menace in the name of "TDR-TB. This has been recorded and a few deaths have been reported. I think Science and Medicine are on international highway without destination.

Looks like a feat, notwithstanding the unreported cases. But there is a new menace in the name of "TDR-TB. This has been recorded and a few deaths have been reported. I think Science and Medicine are on international highway without destination.

Your comment seems cryptic to me, are you supporting science or are you criticizing science. I might be dense, but I have seen you supporting superstitions, without scientific basis.
Please excuse me I mean no harm I just like to know your position.

I support science because it has made certain things easy for us but the same science has created problems too which will be fought over to welcome new ones. As for the superstition, the individuals should find it right to discard because the individuals mind is involved there. We have to fight with our own mind a lot. It does not mean that you encourage it; leave it. Others might get a hint of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back