• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vedaranyeswarar Temple the famous temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,
My Native place is Vedaraniam. That Temple is Very famous for Murthi,Thalam, Theertham. That Mulavar Name is (Thirumaraikadar)Vedaranyeswarar. That temple famous as per following reason.
1. Murthi, Thalam , Theertham
2. Sivan and parvathi Thirumanakolam katchi,for Agasthiya Munivar. Note: The Swamy and ambal big size almost Seven feet and above the same not in indian temples.
3. Appar , Janasampanthar padal and adaika thiraka padal petra sthalam,
4. Durgai faced in south side the famous as called Vishnu durgai(with sabgu and chakara). The famous adi friday, Tuesday for Ragu kalam
5. Big saraswathi without Veenai for Some Purana reasaon
6. Amman Name is Yazhai Pazhitha Mozhial,
7. Vinayagar called Veerakathi Vinayagar for Pramahati dosam nivarthi for Raman.
8. Manikarnikai theertham famous.
9. Sapta vidanka sthalam and Thiyagarajar.
10. totally famous and nivarthi for Ragu, Sevvai Dosam, .
11. Utsavam in Masi matham and Thai matham Amavasai and adi amavasai there is Sea called Vedakadal famous for Amavasai kulial same as Rameswaram, Adaiaka Thiraka Function.
12. 4 vedas pujitha sthalm.

If any body will go to Nagai pls see this templer from nagai 50 k.M.

Thanks

Rajesh.V

Aha, Aha, evvalavu azhagaana peyar "yazhai pazhitha mozhiyaal"?

It means her voice is sweeter than the harmonious sound (naadham) produced from 'yazh' (lyre).

My eagerness to have Her darshan is more pronounced now. I shall visit Her with my family, at the earliest.

Dear Rajesh

Sorry for my interruption

I think you forget to mention one main thing. Vedas stood as a forest and later symbolically they shrunk to temple doors. Appar sang thevaram in praise of the lord and opened the vedic door and sampandar sang thevaram to again close that. Appar even worried for this incidence that only after singing complete 10 sets of songs (padhigam) god has opened the door, but by simply hearing a single stanza of sampandar he closed them.

Am I right sir???

You can see such big shiva-parvathi in many temples. Say sirkazhi brahmapuriswarar temple (THoniappar shrine); Piranmalai (Nallamangaipagar shrine); Madurai (Inmail nanmai tharuvar) etc.

But, am sorry, I have not visited the temple yet. Am also eager like Pannvalan ji to visit this temple ASAP.

Pranams

Last edited:
Please add 'Sri Sathya Giriswarar' Temple in Thirumayam in Pudukottai district, on Pudukottai - Tiruppathur Road, for seeing large sized murthis (moolavars).

Please add 'Sri Sathya Giriswarar' Temple in Thirumayam in Pudukottai district, on Pudukottai - Tiruppathur Road, for seeing large sized murthis (moolavars).
We have another traditional temple at Begur at Bangalore built by Kulonthunga chozhar.This place was once a great center of Sanskrit and Vedic studies; sadly today amid the ravages of time subsist a reminder, and is the 1300-year-old Sri Pancha Lingaeshwarar Temple. Sri Kulotunga Raja the First of Chola Dynasty, and Sri Rajasimhanandi of Talakad Ganga Dynasty built this Temple in 8th century A D. They built about 108 Temples in South India, and this Temple is 18th in hierarchy. Built in granite the Temple reflects simplicity and grandeur, and truly has an ambience that is spiritual and sanctified.Sri Suryaa Narayana (Sun God) is placed facing west towards this Linga, and according Chief Priest Sri B S Ananth Deekshitar, this probably is the only Temple in India where Sri Soorya Narayana is placed like this. Traditional Temple Vaasthu Shastraa proclaims that the idol of Sri Soorya Narayana should be placed facing east. There is a colourfully drawn Yantra (Divine Symbol) below carvings of Uma Maheshwarar and Ashta Dik balakas (8 Guarding Angels) on the ceiling. Standing here facing the Sri Parvati Sametha Nagaeshwara Linga and praying is said to ward off mental depression, enemies, disease and protection from black magic etc.The Ganesha idol is in Chola tradition, and is seen holding a Linga in the right hand.The signature of the sculptor can be seen in the Sanctum Sanctorum and is inscribed in Tamil language that existed between 2nd and 5th century A.D.It is believed that Sri Kalinga Sarpa or five-hooded cobra resides in the Temple, blessing and protecting devotees who come there. In the night Saptha Rishis (Seven Sages) and Ashta Dik Palakas (Eight Guardian Angels) are believed to perform Poojas here. And there are many much more details.

Sri Durga, You are welcome at any time. Please feel free. Do you mind taking this and posting it under "Temples" category.
Thank you

I must also make a visit...Archaelogical survey of India-have they not visited the temple yet.It is a national treasure.May be The historian Dr R.Nagaswamy should be told about this temple.Dr Sundaram can take the initiative!

I must also make a visit...Archaelogical survey of India-have they not visited the temple yet.It is a national treasure.May be The historian Dr R.Nagaswamy should be told about this temple.Dr Sundaram can take the initiative!
who is Dr Nagaswamy?. How to reach him?. Any other relevant details please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back